Renaissance

Hector
Waheguru

Re: Renaissance

Post by Hector »

Hello all!

I am visiting my loved site. For a long time I used to be here every day on every moment. I hope I can be here again as soon as possible.

I am really glad to be here in this moment.

Nostalgy :(

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Welcome back, Hector! :)

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

The door is always open old friend. Welcome back ! :D

IS_NormanDuck
Waheguru

Post by IS_NormanDuck »

I hope your laptop allows you to come back on AI scripting :)

Hector
Waheguru

Post by Hector »

I dont know how to make my laptop to allow The Conquerors game work. Windows 7, 64 bits....any ideas? No partition of course

You remember well Normanduck. :P
There are a lot of hidden wonders in the world, despite nowbody knows them...they exist.

saint
Waheguru

Post by saint »

I haven't had any issues with Win7 x64 and AoC on my computers - eg, on my laptop I installed AoC to "C:\Games\Age of Empires II" (instead of program files, to avoid the UAC issue), and then applied the registry change mentioned by Orilus here - no colour issues and haven't had any lockups yet.
This is my sig

IS_NormanDuck
Waheguru

Post by IS_NormanDuck »

That is interesting.
I was starting to think about some OS emulator.
Hector did you try to install the windowed mode patch?

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

What got me here? The love for AI's.

What kept me here the first days? The absolutely awesome response by some scripters on my first try of an AI. I posted masses of text (didn't expect anyone to read it) and then i got masses of text as response back! *__*

Who helped me the most? Probably Marathon, he helped me sooo much! :)

Who isn't awesome in this community? Noone so far! :)

Will i leave? Hell no! :D

:)
Creator of Promi.
Feedback is greatly appreciated.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Thanks, Promi.
You know, I started with Byz too. Not because I am Greek, but because I am a fan of trash and because I want to use gold in long games for good units and siege.

Have you read the long thread "How to make my AI better than nonsense?". I was soooo noob when I started. One of the noobest members of this community. But Byzantines are good. Really good. I once managed to consistently beat IS_Machine Goths, and even Horde Huns. Hopefully, their creators are still active :D

My Mayans are only an intermediate step, and in fact I have long before moved to other strategies. But I will always use trash. I am the trash man, Byz and Goths are the trash civs.
The only reason I never seriously scripted for Goths is because I was... afraid of winning a tournament prematurely. For my playing style Goths are kings, perhaps better than Byzantines.

As for this community, it has something :)

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Yes i actually read a lot of pages of many threads in where you and others discussed about several things! But i think i didn't read them entirely yet.
And it was very funny to read your posts of when you were as much of a noob as me :D I could really see myself there sometimes. :)

By the way, a few days ago i commentated on your AI in the blacksmith, no great constructive feedback though. :>

And i also really love the Byzantines too! When i played by myself (really bad player (i still play sometimes)) i always hated to create units who cost lots of gold because it was so limited (that's why i love relics), my friends (on my skill-level too ^^) trained masses of paladin f.e. and i was just like "ah nvm, i go with hussars/champions/trash" :D

Well and please stay active Marathon! :)
Creator of Promi.
Feedback is greatly appreciated.