Deathshrimp (Return of Rome)

Upload your latest creations here.
MrElephant
Swami

Deathshrimp (Return of Rome)

Post by MrElephant »

So this is the DeathShrimp AI that I modified to play Return of Rome as an example for everyone to use. Please feel free to use this to build some custom scripts. This was originally made by ES_DeathShrimp. It does use the alternate constants from the Sample Builder AI.

In his own words "Copy everything starting at "; SAMPLE AOK AI FILE" into a text document and save it as SAMPLE.PER and SAMPLE.AI and place both files in the AI folder on your hard drive. Then, when you create a scenario, you should be able to choose Sample (or whatever you want to call the file) from the Personality dropdown box.
IMPORTANT: There must be two copies of the file in the AI folder, one that is .per and another that is.ai. It is not actually important what is in the *.ai file, but the game needs for there to be an AI file in order to load the PER file. (Some of you have gotten error messages because there were not two copies of the file.)

Original link from AoK Heaven: https://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... n=173&st=0

You will need to give the player some starting resources and some resources on the map nearby to see healthy results."

This is not a competitive script-but a script to help individuals learn how to script for Return of Rome.

Update (25May2023) - Fixed Storage pit instead of lumber and mining camps, granary instead if mill, temple instead of monastery, and sn-preferred-storage-pit-placement values. Thanks to Kim for the SN update. Also, there appears to be an issue with the AI Builder "alternate constants" file. Stone-age was updated to 104 rather than 100.
Attachments
DeathShrimp sample DE RoR.zip
(6.1 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Last edited by MrElephant on Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!

wattle
Swami

Re: Deathshrimp (Return of Rome)

Post by wattle »

Did you test this MrElephant?
It didn't seem to scout with vills and had trouble finding food, so I had to help out.
Do aoe1 AIs send a scouting vill by default? Can't remember from watching your last tourney.
If not, I think it would be good to set the exploring SN by the converter, so it scouts with at least one vill.
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

MrElephant
Swami

Re: Deathshrimp (Return of Rome)

Post by MrElephant »

Yes Wattle, this is tested. It does not use DUC. This is originally the deathshrimp ai. It was not an aoe1 script to begin with.

The issue in the script is the maximum hunt distance for deer. Around 20% of the time, the deer are around 1 tile away or so from being able to be hunted. Again, this is not a value I changed, but it can be easily modified
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!