Barbarian v2.18

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
ayatokido
Forumer

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by ayatokido »

offwo200 wrote:Barbarian has a hidden harder difficulty that is activated on taunting 200 AFAIK.
It will affect Barbarian AI cheat more resources?
When I try to taunt 200 for Promi AI, Promi AI will change their name, and someone's name looks like .... you? :o
Will this make it difficult to increase or just change their name?

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

ayatokido you're the first person i saw that used/noticed this :D

Those names are currently indeed all from people in our small community here :)

_II2N_
Guru

Post by _II2N_ »

Armelon wrote:Hey,

Something is wrong with Wonder race, in 11 out of 12 cases it did not even start a wonder yet before Maiar finished his.
(arabia map, difficulty hard, 200 pop, giant map, normal revealing)
Oops, Barbarian doesn't load farm placement function on wonder race at all -> it's unable to farm :lol:

Will fix this in next update.

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Big thx II2N for all the great work :devil :).

a453712990
Forumer

Post by a453712990 »

Hello II2N, since the release of Barbarian 2.18, my friends and I have played more than 200 games with it. Most of the maps used by the game are Arabia, and some games used are nomad, island, MR. , as well as maps used in ECL competitions. Dark rush, archer cluster attack and other new features really open our eyes, I really appreciate the hard work of the author!

In the course of the games, we also found some problems with the current Barbarian, so I am here to report to you, I hope you can make some improvements in these aspects, thank you very much!
1. The Barbarian will not upgrade the Eagle Warrior and the Elite Battle Elephant. I think it is the author that you think these two arms are too strong, so you did not let the Barbarian upgrade them. Is this true?
2. The performance of the Barbarian in the face of the tower rush is still not good, can the author tell us what are the main difficulties of the current AI in dealing with the tower rush?
3. Barbarians sometimes it is very strange to have a few Militia who are useless in the Castle Age and Imperial Age to attack or defend.
4.When cluster attack archers are against the Mangonel,they are easy to die together.

a453712990
Forumer

Post by a453712990 »

As we know ,in recent WK 5.8.1 version,coinage moved up to Castle Age, Banking moved up to Imperial age,which may cause many AIs to have a bug when they try to sling,including Barbarian.
So can you update a new version of Barbarian in order to adapt it to the new version?I sincerely hope to continue using Barbarian AI in the new version.Thanks a lot!

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

thumbs down for resigning and for not sending resources before resigning
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Did you check if Barbarian had the required market for sending resources?

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

Promiskuitiv wrote:Did you check if Barbarian had the required market for sending resources?
Market got destroyed. I'm not sure if was before or after it resigned.
the rest of the game I had to trade with the enemy market :lol: :lol:

ai should not resign that easy if there is an human in game
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

Jineapple
Forumer

Post by Jineapple »

Hey, I have two games you might find interesting to look at.

In one, Barbie is playing as Turks but doesn't manage to defend against my archers or to click up to castle. He keeps using a mixture of skirms/scouts but in a pretty ineffectual way. A bad LC placement might have contributed to its problems.

In the other, he doesn't find his berries at the start and has a pretty bad build due to that. Even after finding the berries, he doesn't build a mill there anymore, instead tries to push/mill deer.
Attachments
Barbie games.zip
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 300 times