Bear's 2nd Unofficial TI Tournament AI

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
BearTheGreat
Waheguru

Post by BearTheGreat »

No changes from the previous version. I tried some new rules, decided they didn't work, and commented them out. :lol:

If any newbies are entering the unofficial tournament, you do not have to post your entries here. You can just send them straight to Mabuse and keep them secret from scripters that are not participating in the tournament. ;)

Good luck to all. I am still concentrating on the 3v3 tournament. :head :head :head
Attachments
MonksNTowersV2.zip
(39.06 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Don't trust the banks! http://www.mises.org/story/3480

Mabuse
Waheguru

Post by Mabuse »

of course i don`t load this one down until Tournament Deadline is reached

beside that i treat this as a Trap,

so i exspect a very strong and surprising entry from you being entered in last Minute :lol:
take seat, shut up, script - have fun

Mabuse
Waheguru

Post by Mabuse »

BearTheGreat @ May 5 2006, 11:46 AM wrote: If any newbies are entering the unofficial tournament, you do not have to post your entries here.  You can just send them straight to Mabuse and keep them secret from scripters that are not participating in the tournament.  ;)

just wanted to mention that this is really exactly the reason why no Tournament Pack will be uploaded

this unofficial Tournament should be a help for the scripters to participate to see new developments that help to improve their AI for the next official TI

additionally it is an reward for scripters who participate, because who enter a Tournament can also lose

some people just don`t have the guts to lose, so they don`t participate but hope to benefit and be able to prepare versus the masterpieces entered by the scripters to have same advantage than the people who battle in unofficial Tournament

as said - everybody can upload his/her/its AI, but there will be most likely no Tournament Pack

BearTheGreat
Waheguru

Post by BearTheGreat »

I'm very superstitious about last minute changes. Sometimes things you think will be an improvement end up having unexpected consequences. :head If anybody wants to download these before the tournament and implement some last minute changes without thoroughly testing it out, that is the trap. ;) But honestly, neither entry is new to aiscripters.com, so I see no harm in posting a little early.

Mabuse
Waheguru

Post by Mabuse »

basically agree -

on the other hand i think a whole weekend is a lot (at least for some last Minute changes)

and that some expierienced scripters can estimate the consequences of changes very well -

for me it look like you don`t expect to have much chance OR you are very convinced of your AI/strategies

we will see - :)

but surely its no problem to load up your AI before the Tournament, i hope you keep doing this in further Tournaments :D :lol:

(joke - i really would never take a look at pre-tournament uploads, i will also not take a look at entries sent to my e-mail before deadline - there can be several reasons why people load up their entries a bit earlier)

Mabuse
Waheguru

Post by Mabuse »

i think my entry is also solid, btw -

so there is a certain chance that i load it up during the Tournament, surely also depend if the Tournament fullfill my exspectation on number of entries -

if there are enough or i am simply in a good mood i am surely happy and will share my entry with the community also

BearTheGreat
Waheguru

Post by BearTheGreat »

Mabuse @ May 6 2006, 05:38 AM wrote: there can be several reasons why people load up their entries a bit earlier)
Yes. Like a trip out of town for a wedding. ;)

But I am not overconfident about winning, especially not against the great and mighty Mabuse. And I think Hector is also going to join for sure. His
Team Island scripts are always strong. And of course there are others.

And don't forget the wolves! If your first 5 dock builders are eaten by wolves it is almost impossible for any TI script to win if the opponent is aggressive at all.

And then there are the stuck transports and the fishing fleet plugging your navy up at a dock, so there is always an element of luck involved.

Of course an experienced judge would instantly note these sorts of things and comment on them, so I am in agreement with Mabuse about preferring experienced judges if they are available.

Anyway, I look forward to the competition. I agree with Vader. If I were afraid of losing I would not script at all. In fact, I've not learned anything from studying the standard computer player in a long time. :lol: I will only draw inspiration from stronger and stronger challenges.

Mabuse
Waheguru

Post by Mabuse »

BearTheGreat @ May 7 2006, 01:32 AM wrote:
Mabuse @ May 6 2006, 05:38 AM wrote: there can be several reasons why people load up their entries a bit earlier)
Yes. Like a trip out of town for a wedding. ;)

But I am not overconfident about winning, especially not against the great and mighty Mabuse. And I think Hector is also going to join for sure. His
Team Island scripts are always strong. And of course there are others.

And don't forget the wolves! If your first 5 dock builders are eaten by wolves it is almost impossible for any TI script to win if the opponent is aggressive at all.

And then there are the stuck transports and the fishing fleet plugging your navy up at a dock, so there is always an element of luck involved.

Of course an experienced judge would instantly note these sorts of things and comment on them, so I am in agreement with Mabuse about preferring experienced judges if they are available.

Anyway, I look forward to the competition. I agree with Vader. If I were afraid of losing I would not script at all. In fact, I've not learned anything from studying the standard computer player in a long time. :lol: I will only draw inspiration from stronger and stronger challenges.

yes, being absent is a reason - i already thought of something like that.

Hectors BP is the best on TI in my opinion, of course i hope i can give him some inspiration -

the other things sound like TI is a map that sucks :lol:

btw, maybe i should name myself

Mabuse the Great -

i like the name :lol: