ARFFI_04_De'gel

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
ARFFI04
Guru

ARFFI_04_De'gel

Post by ARFFI04 »

ARFFI series.
No. 04 De'gel : Meaning "melt of snow" -> "spring has come" in french.
Game-type
random-map/wonder-race
land-map (arabia)
dark-age start
prefers 200 pop
Most (Aztec-civ best)
Change other game type as you want.

Any comments are welcomed.
Have fun.
Thanks.

PS: Still, I am thinking to stop updating De'gel cause I feel she is near the limit of her.
Fossetta is now scripted from blank so I may shift De'gel to a test version. (AI to test new ideas and systems)
So the current version is not always the strongest version.
(The post with comment as " stable version" should be the best to test against.)

[EDIT] up-date to latest ARFFI_04 (De'gel)
[EDIT] ver. 1.55 strategy selection has been optimized.
Archon
Seems there is a limit of digits per line that can be commented out I guess.
(Fixed some game errors pointed out by Archon. Thank you Archon.)
[EDIT] ver. 1.55_3 vs human strategy has been un-commented and be able to work again. (commented out for a while for list full error)
[EDIT] ver. 1.57 race for wonder and other constants were added to be able to play every civs.
[EDIT] ver. 1.58 bug fix for some civs.
[EDIT] ver. 1.60 Defense system and attack system were updated.
[EDIT] ver. 1.61 Bug fix for some miss counting. Strategy selection has been re-optimized.
[EDIT] ver. 1.62 Bug fix for leader-system. Strategy selection for teamed games has been re-optimized.
[EDIT] ver. 1.62_2 three point delta system (test version for 5 point delta system of Fossetta) was loaded for team-locked games.
[EDIT] ver. 1.63 Bug fix for infantry upgrade. (Thank you Archon for the point out)
[EDIT] ver. 1.63_2 modified s-s-man for vs.non-meso civs too.
[EDIT] ver. 1.63_3 bug fix for NoMad maps... Just added (build lumbercamp) after the (can-build lumbercamp)=>... seems that I deleted it at ver 1.62_2. :head :lol:
[EDIT] ver. 1.64 improvment for defense system. (1.64_3 bug fix)
[EDIT] ver. 1.64_6 Well, I think it's the last update cause I forgot what I was aiming... left her too long.
[EDIT] ver. 1.64_7 Zipped her into one-file and modified some anti-aztec-rules. Also she will attack around 1.7 hours even if the war balance is equal.
[EDIT] ver. 1.65 bug fix for "hardest-mode".
Attachments
ARFFIs_2011_11_19.zip
fixed hardest problem
(115.47 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
ARFFI-De'gel 1.64_6.zip
(106.96 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
ARFFI-De'gel 1.63_3.rar
The old stable version.
(52.78 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Last edited by ARFFI04 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 44 times in total.
ARFFI: A scripter from japan : Main script ARFFI-De'gel

IS_NormanDuck
Waheguru

Re: ARFFI

Post by IS_NormanDuck »

It seems to be pretty strong with good economy, good castle time (18:xx) and differentiated strategies

ARFFI04
Guru

Post by ARFFI04 »

>Thanks for the comment IS_NormanDuck.

The aim of this AI is to make it's best "within the game type we cannot use #load-if".
Still, this AI does not use hidden SNs and shared goals for my lack of information.

Also, I think I should comment that the strategys seems similar to that of Hord, a AI of Archon(zergs).
I thought that using castle-defense or eagle-clush is quite good to counter most strategys, which tuned out that Hord had done that in 2007.
It also seems that the oldest AI I found using "castle-defense with Aztec going for monk rush in imperial" strategy is Demon(2006).
<cf: Archon(????) scripted by Archon has the idea of countering EW rush and so on by fast catle and it seems to be the oldest AI doing it>
This AI uses some strategys related to them.

[EDIT]2009/08/07
The oldest AI with this strategy is probably PENITENCIAGITE by Telvm back from 2002.
Archon told that the strategy was stated in 2002.
Thanks Archon.

I wish to reffer the old AIs related to mine cause I wish to respect them.
If someone knows any related AI, I wish to know the names.
Does anyone know?
Sorry that I am new to this area and lack knowledge of the history.
[EDIT]
Thanks IS_NormanDuck, Saint and Archon.
Some AIs were told.

PS:
Now, I am working on a "all land-map type" AI.
Wish I can catch up with you. :lol:
Last edited by ARFFI04 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IS_NormanDuck
Waheguru

Post by IS_NormanDuck »

I saw a good EW rush from your AI. What i didn't understand is why in another game after a very good fast castle, very good boom and army production, it was in trouble defending itself from a (slighty) smaller army. Pheraps it may be due to lack of army upgrades or such, but i haven't checked it

Pheraps you may also start thinking to an all-maps all-civs AI

ARFFI04
Guru

Post by ARFFI04 »

>another game after a very good fast castle, very good boom and army production, it was in trouble defending itself from a (slighty) smaller army.

To be sure, it is ver. 1.53 right?
Also, for short, was it h2h or teams?

One possibility is the team rules I added for the tournament had a bug. (added after ver 1.50)
<if the trouble defending itself was before imperial-age, I bet it was some script error that should be fixed.>
So, if possible I wish to see the recorded games.

>All-civ-all-map
For first I will not take a too far goal. :lol:
Step by step, so all-civ-all-land-map could be my next goal, as Kosmos.

PS: ARFFI does not counter-attack in imperial-age cause ARFFI is programed to wait for the enemy to be exhausted(run out of gold).
For this aim, ARFFI keeps its unit to "defend by LOS" mode. (no attackers)

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

I just downloaded ARFFI-De'gel, and will try it in a few minutes ^_^

ARFFI04
Guru

Post by ARFFI04 »

Thanks for testing, scripter64.

Have fun!
I will try yours too.
(Sorry that I have to go home for it.
Tomorrow, I will have some comments.)

I will wait for your comments.

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Oh, I have a little problem lol

ARFFI-De'gel is asking for resign.per, and I don't have it. I think it's the same file I read about that's used in the tournaments here and ARFFI-De'gel needs it to be in the AI folder. I think ARFFI isn't home right now, so if anyone knows specifically which file it needs, I would appreciate it if you could please link me to it.

Thanks for your time!

saint
Waheguru

Post by saint »

If it is the same file, you can just comment out the file in the mean time as it's only important right at end-game. The alternative is to grab a tourney pack which will have it in (either http://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1965 or http://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1684 for example). The packs are a good way to obtain a selection of AI's aimed for a particular game-type too :)
This is my sig

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Thank you saint :)