The Horde

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Archon
Waheguru

The Horde

Post by Archon »

; The Horde version 3.9
; An Artificial Intelligence Script written by Archon 2007-2017

; Settings: (preferred settings)
; Game Version: UP 1.4, AoFE [needs UP1.4 modification - Link]
; Game Type: Any (RM and PIDM)
; Location: Any [doesn't play maps where transports of villagers is required (e.g. Migration); doesn't play 'nothing' maps, requires ai_info_map_type BLACK_FOREST 0 1 0 to detect MICHI]
; Map Size: Any
; Teams: Yes
; Resources: Any (standard)
; Difficulty: Any (hard)
; Population: Any (200)
; Starting Age: Any (dark age or PI)
; Victory: Any (conquest)
; All Techs: No
; Civilisation: Any

;List of taunts it reacts to:
;3 - 6: Gives resources away if it has enough.
;31 - Attack an Enemy: If requested by an AI, it targets player stored by sn-target-player-number.
;32 - If 60s < game time < 300s, Horde will pick an aggressive strategy.
;33 - If 60s < game time < 300s, Horde will change the strategy to boom.
;38 -If 60s < game time < 300s, Horde will sling that human player with resources.
;222 - Help Allies. If requested by an AI, it targets player stored in goal 82 and patrol units to point stored in goal 478/479.
;222 + Flare - Sends units to the flared point.
;230 - Changes strategy to Mush (full monk civs only)
;249 - Chats current resource amount to human allies or any computers.
;250 - Chats version number and current strategy to human allies or any computers.
Attachments
The Horde 3.9.zip
(105.73 KiB) Downloaded 1344 times
Last edited by Archon on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 132 times in total.

IS_NormanDuck
Waheguru

Re: The Horde

Post by IS_NormanDuck »

Is this your AI for coastal turneament, Archon? (plays azt?)

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

Updated to 2.06 :dance

ARFFI04
Guru

Post by ARFFI04 »

Another update. :dance
Thanks, archon.^^
ARFFI: A scripter from japan : Main script ARFFI-De'gel

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

I played it on woody walled maps (Arena, Forest of Teuteburg, Arena Fortress) with 7 players total. I included other AIs in the blend.

It has some bug that I didn't notice before the last upgrade. Of course, I read the recommended settings, but still it should be able to do better.

The thing is that it doesn't research loom. It doesn't happen always, but it always happens when there are 3 Hordes or more, sometimes 2 Hordes in total in the mix. At least 1 Horde always proceeds normally. I didn't notice the common "table string full" notification. Usually, the player that suffers stays with 25 villagers, always in Dark. It builds lumber camps, mill and it doesn't mine (it shouldn't mine anyway).

So, for some reason it doesn't research loom and it seems that this fact makes the AI stay in Dark (and maybe to only 25 villagers). On the other hand, the code doesn't seem to have difficulty in advancing to feudal without loom...

Also, somewhere it says map-type scandanavia .

IS_NormanDuck
Waheguru

Post by IS_NormanDuck »

This AI plays Arabia (and coastal) map on 1v1, as far as i know.

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

@Norman DucK: Well the water map skills are pretty embarrassing, and also only with aztec civs, other civs haven't been tested any may stuck as in feudal. It plays 2v2 arabia well with hun/teutonic civ combination.
I played it on woody walled maps (Arena, Forest of Teuteburg, Arena Fortress) with 7 players total. I included other AIs in the blend.
I guess you played on medium resources start. Just wondering as you didn't mention your starting settings.

I actually never tested those settings before. However playing on medium causes that bug. You can fix it by replacing line 3229 that should read as:
(unit-type-count villager < 20)
with
(unit-type-count villager < villager-feudal-min)

Please tell me if it actually worked for you. I will test on those settings a bit more next weekend.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Sry for late reply.

That modification on line 3229 seemed to work. 7 Hordes & 1 of mine in total on Forest of Teuteburg (see description in AOKH if you don't know the map). All hordes reached Feudal in below 13 min (mine in ~15...) with no stickings. I was watching a Horde with... Koreans, it did fine.

The one I was watching had bad wood placement, something quite common in this map: only some stragglers within 18 or 20 tiles. It placed its 1st LC next to 3 stragglers (not that good, but better than nothing), it only placed 2nd during transition (this time next to a forest). Still, it had enough wood because it was chopping "remote stragglers" at distances ~8 tiles from dropsites.

It placed a second mill right after all berries of the 1st pile were finished (this map has 2 groups of bushes). Impressive, I will study the code because my 2nd mill is usually placed in the middle of nowhere. In general, its food gatherers were more than the wood ones (~65%), and this is probably the key of its astonishing times.

One thing: even though this map offers 8 free starting farms, your AI kept building farms with no farmers at all. At some time in Dark Age (and despite the poor wood economy) it had 19 farms in total, of which 18 were idle. I wonder what would it have done if it didn't make this mistake. A 10 min feudal? ATE takes advandage of the starting farms in this map, while Zycat builds 1 before noticing them. Building some extra farms allows for faster reassignment after free food is done, but 18 idle ones are too many.

And, no, I always play with standard resources. Conquest, teams locked, 200 pop and the rest standard.

Edit: The timing of 2nd mill drop seems like a coincidence, after reading the script. Still, I learnt a lot.

Edit II:

I played a long game with 7 Hordes, 2 teams total. Some observations:
- With Aztecs it tends to delay its advancement, it stays in feudal like forever. It advances if tributed well. It always gets resources (except stone), exploits remote forests and fields large feudal armies.
- It tends to field huge armies (with Aztecs it reached > 180 soldiers in total, maybe some due to conversions, other players exceeded 130). It is fun, but it may hinder economic advancement, if it doesn't attack for some reason. Not sure whether it only builds such huge armies only when the game is about its end.
- Still, it doesn't build castles/ towers, until it's too late. It leaves stone unexploited and avoids training siege (all mentioned before).
- It now trades with allies. But it forgets some relics. Didn't notice whether it scouts later, if it doesn't then maybe that's the problem.
- For some reason it freezes sometimes. In the game we all had a nice peace, until I decided to attack in Imp. Even though I was eating the outskirts of an enemy town, there was no reaction. On the other hand, when I invaded deeper with 60 Pals, I was quickly decimated by a true horde of HCAs and Cavs. Despite the lack of defensive structures, it defends very well. Later, my Aztec ally (pocket position) waited still, even though it was aknowledging ally hostilities of me and the other ally. It declared war, but waited still. Maybe something with TSA?

In all occasions, it covers dark age very well. Its holes seem to be Feudal-Castle advance (with Aztecs?), aggressiveness (occasionaly), siege training and Castle-building/ stone exploiting (affects Treb training).

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

Hm, haven't read that comment before. Unlike most other scripts The Horde doesn't count how many (idle) farms it has, it just keeps building them if it has enough wood in dark age.
- With Aztecs it tends to delay its advancement, it stays in feudal like forever.
Hm, no idea what might caused it. Large armys of 130+ ? If it reaches popcap and has no siege, it deletes some villagers.

Updated to version 2.08, plays random civ better.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Hm, no idea what might caused it. Large armys of 130+ ?
No, the problem occured long before pop cap becomes an issue. You could test it if you like, such a strong script should be able to play all civs pretty well, at least. Many people download it for human vs ai games.

I know that thing about deleting villagers, it reached 180+ military in one of my games! Reeealy cool. A true horde.

I didn't have idea about scripting when I made that post. This may have been my 1st post here. It's a post of a player, not a scripter.