The Horde

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
thelightempire5
Forumer

Re: The Horde

Post by thelightempire5 »

Great Archon! :dance

kunyi
Guru

Post by kunyi »

super, horde is really strong on dm too, and he try use good units combos too, sometimes a bit slow(first attack i think around 4 mins should be better) :devil

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Thanks for the update! :)

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

Another update:
Fixed a targeting issue when trying to raid.
Trying to reduce the amount of pocket idle time. => Might cross more, haven't tested how much of an improvement this is.
Britons transition from XBow to UU should be a bit smoother.

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

Sorry to the three people who downloaded it already, had to reupload. :horse:

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Hi! Fen found an issue that can cause a crash on The Horde.per, line 3379:
(up-modify-sn sn-target-player-number s:== sn-focus-player-number)
The op needs to be s:= or it could cause an unpredictable result.
One of those little things that can cause a big problem :lol:

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Actually, after checking this further, I think this particular crash comes from this:

At line 3581:

Code: Select all

(defrule
	(true)
=>
	(up-get-fact military-population 0 temp-goal3)
	(up-get-fact-max any-enemy military-population 0 temp-goal2)
	(up-modify-goal temp-goal g:= temp-goal3)
	(up-modify-goal temp-goal g:- temp-goal2)
)
At line 4784:

Code: Select all

(defrule
	(true)
=>
	(up-modify-sn sn-focus-player-number g:= temp-goal)
)
It seems that these 2 rules could possibly execute in sequence without temp-goal being reset. There are a couple of rules between them that can reset it, but they require it to not be a 1 or 2 player team and fencrazy is FFA, so 1 player teams. Since the games are often run at high population limits, it can happen that the enemy military population max is unusually high. In the test game I tried, the subtraction in the first rule was (4 - 203), which set temp-goal to -199. This value is equivalent to the "focus-player" player const. When the second rule set sn-focus-player-number to "focus-player" -199, the next rule that attempted to use "focus-player" would cause an infinite loop, trying to resolve the id. It would be good to ensure that the temp-goal is reset between the 2 rules here.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Hi Archon.
I'm impressed by the evolution of your AI as flank.
I noticed that you managed it to reach feudal earlier than before : 11:30 instead of 12:// and you eventually decided to go skirmishers massively. It makes The_Horde vs TRiBaL epic in 1v1 2v2.
I remember that in the past, you adviced me to avoid going skirmishers especially in teamgames because it's weak vs pocket's knight ! It looks like you changed your mind :rofl

I played four 2v2s tribal vs The_Horde and i noticed that the_Horde had OK castle-age times regarding the many units trained in feudal (25-28 minutes) but your actual imperial times are quiet late. It happend that The_Horde never reached imperial or did it arround minute 50-54.
In one game, The_Horde as Korean went 5 TCs in castle which are way too many, because it will delay the imperial-age research. (Score of those 2v2s was 2-2)
Overall, The_Horde looks really more stable, compared to your version in DavisCup3. GJ.

Re-edit : Forgot to tell that your flanks dont die anymore in 4v4s thx to those improvements (against tribal) and the support of your pockets make The_Horde actually almost unbeatable (against tribal, didn't test vs other ais).
Can't wait the Davis cup 4 to see what the Horde will be able to do :)
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

I improved the dark age micro and try to age up faster. I noticed the eco is too bad to afford continuous unit production with gold, so I decided to save some resources by delaying the gold camp. What really made the difference is it uses the scout and villagers to fight your mass skirms.

You misunderstood me. I thought it's bad how your AI did it, as it often dominates early on, but it kept pushing with skirms only when the only way to lose was having all your army die to pocket KT. Instead, add some spears or play passive until age up, if the pocket isn't ready to help.

Most of my test games are 4v4 and some 1v1. Haven't tested the others much. Gonna look on improving the build order and gatherer percentages when booming isn't needed.

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

Hi, in games 2 vs 2 teaming with tribal the horde has some strange behaviors, from feudal sends all the time his troops to the urban center of tribal without that they are "winning" to him and it does not attack to anybody, only it does with tribal warrior , With others it would not