Eagles Revenge v7.6

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
IS_NormanDuck
Waheguru

Re: Eagles Revenge v7

Post by IS_NormanDuck »

Will you adapt your AI to UP ER? ^^

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

IS_NormanDuck wrote:Will you adapt your AI to UP ER? ^^
Maybe ... later ... :lol:

There are many issues I want to fix in it for 1.0c first though :head

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

ER wrote:
IS_NormanDuck wrote:Will you adapt your AI to UP ER? ^^
Maybe ... later ... :lol:
There are many issues I want to fix in it for 1.0c first though :head
Well despite many improvements you can make with the UP which require some time to get used to there are also some small and easy things.
Like queueing your vils + eagles to get an even faster unit output. You just have to set 1 SN and that's it. :)
Also the new building system to build multiple buildings at once which should also help ER etc.

But take your time, i'm just trying to make some suggestions for easy improvements for UP. :)

IS_NormanDuck
Waheguru

Post by IS_NormanDuck »

Also queuing EWs would save the wood of the 4th or 5th rax. UP may help in many ways :devil

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

Eagles dont train very fast, so saving 1 second per eagle per rax will not reduce the number of raxes required imho ;)

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

When i was messing around with Eagles Revenge i added a bit of up stuff, queuing, boar hunting, multiple builders on buildings etc.
It improved ER7 very noticeably. Especially queuing during castle age, vill production was alot faster, along with eagle production.
I was going to try and edit alot of stuff regarding the whole ai itself, but its way to complicated for my liking (over 600 rules for a one(possibly two) civ ai lol, not my cup of tea). I did however, manage to add jaguars, but eagles revenge gets its castle up at varying times, mostly too late, in order for them to be effective (for example, against wartron, wartron will have 100 champs by the time ER7 gets a decent amount of jaguars, making them next to useless).

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Haha! 107 DLs!
Well done!

I believe this is the most hated AI in the AI world. btw this is actually a compliment.
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

kram1138
Guru

Post by kram1138 »

Well, its my favorite. I have just accepted that my ai will almost never beat it. The only one of my ais that beat once it was an older version of Mire.
PostCount.Add(1);

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

kram1138 wrote:The only one of my ais that beat once it was an older version of Mire.
Your Kidding!!!

I don't actually believe that it's even possible to beat ER7 with eagles.
I tried once (quite a lot actually), ARFFI tried I think, I wouldn't be surprised if archon has tried either.
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

UnfairestEel wrote:
kram1138 wrote:The only one of my ais that beat once it was an older version of Mire.
Your Kidding!!!

I don't actually believe that it's even possible to beat ER7 with eagles.
I tried once (quite a lot actually), ARFFI tried I think, I wouldn't be surprised if archon has tried either.
Maybe it was on UP (like when you (or was it Alevo?) said your AI could beat ER and only later realized it was on UP ^^).

If not, nice job!!