[1.0c / UP-1.1] Tlamacazqui - 15 July 2012 [Random-Civ]

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
jdstankosky
Guru

Re: [1.0c / UP-1.1] Tlamacazqui - 26 June 2012 [Random-Civ]

Post by jdstankosky »

Ooops, forgot to upload. :rofl
Do not try to script a counter for everything. That is reactionary, and always slower than taking the initiative in battle. Decide from the start what you are going to do, and do not waiver from it. Own it.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Ooops, forgot to upload. :rofl
:lol:

@Update: Nice, then i can practice with my byzantine Promi against mushes from civs who not have an exploding economy first! (:

jdstankosky
Guru

Post by jdstankosky »

Gah, my boar hunting is soo atrociously bad. WTF. Lost 3 villagers!

Also, wtf is going on with my tribute code. It spazzes out.
Do not try to script a counter for everything. That is reactionary, and always slower than taking the initiative in battle. Decide from the start what you are going to do, and do not waiver from it. Own it.

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

Archon has offered an effective and very understable code for boar hunting in the General Questions thread. Of course, you'll have to adapt it to your AI.

After than Aztecs, the best civs for a mush are the civs with potential fast castle times or bonuses to start it with a strong economy. If you play Kingcide, Spanish are also an alternative because their missionaries. Although in Tlama vs Tlama games, I suspect that Teutons will defeat even Aztecs, HP are useless against monks, conversion resistence isn't.

Lazarus
Guru

Post by Lazarus »

Plus if there are non monk units they have a longer healing range.
Time to learn all the new things is too much so probably not scripting

jdstankosky
Guru

Post by jdstankosky »

I fixed the boar hunting. I don't know if it's in this Tlama or my local one. I BELIEVE it's in this uploaded one.

By the way, only 3 downloads? :huh: I thought people would be on this like Tlama on Knights.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Re: [1.0c / UP-1.1] Tlamacazqui - 13 July 2012 [Random-Civ]

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Ive been meaning to test tlama random civ for a while now but never got around to it, been busy working on random civ ai myself.

I just ran a test now:
(btw wartron loads other ai's now)

4v4
Tlama random civ (byzantine, goths, vikings chinese) vs Wartron random civ (teutons/pantheon, saracens/strat for saracens i made, huns/pantheon, spanish/pantheon)

Well, ill be honest, it was a bit of a slaughter, wartron won in 1.02. The pantheon triple team attacks and saracens joining in with full champs, mamelukes and light cavalry were a bit much.
A bad part of the game was that it was yucatan and there was only 1 shallow to cross over a dividing river on the map, it seems some tlamas never got there attacks in early enough to be effective because of it.

One thing i was thinking is that with civs like byzantines, it would be cool if tlama trained UU's, cataphracts + monks could be potentially effective. I seen that goths trained alot of spears which was good, held of pantheons for a bit there.

I will run further tests soon.

jdstankosky
Guru

Post by jdstankosky »

Triple team attack? :blink: :ph34r:

Yeah... That sounds scary. Very.

Tlama's in 4v4 will always double team flanks. Beyond that, there's not much coordination at this time. 1v1 might be different in outcome? Who knows.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

jdstankosky wrote:Tlama's in 4v4 will always double team flanks. Beyond that, there's not much coordination at this time. 1v1 might be different in outcome? Who knows.
Yea im guessing it never got the chance to double team the flanks early cause of the map screw.
And yea the team that wartron chose was pretty tough. Theres like 4-5 ai's it can load so im betting my money that if wartron gets bad civs and tlama gets good civs, tlama wil win.

jdstankosky
Guru

Re: [1.0c / UP-1.1] Tlamacazqui - 15 July 2012 [Random-Civ]

Post by jdstankosky »

Fully Random. Updated 1.0c scout handling rules.

Ladder will still be Aztecs, but 1.0c is now full random as well as 1.1