Brititron 1.8

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
cakemaphoneige
Guru

Brititron 1.8

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Brititron 1.8

Plays standard land map RM settings.
Should work fine with any civ that has an archer as its unique unit, but in particular Chinese, British and Mayans.

This version is very different to previous releases. I just whacked it together in a couple of hours this morning, but it is a compilation of ideas from the past 2 months of testing strategies.
Im kind of over british, i think chinese are the way to go, so this particular version hasnt actually been tested at all with british, only chinese. It should however still work fine with british and mayans though.

So strategy wise it now trains archers along with Unique archers. Will counter cavalry with spears and eagles with swords. Trains other units here and there for fun.
It will mass alot of archers in castle age and become a force to be reckoned with when things go right. Once it imps it will do the usual Elite upgrade and deliver pain to all who oppose it.

A big feature is that it now has TSA. Im very new to TSA despite scripting for ages. I think it might be a tiny bit bugged but it does the job for now.

There will be another update very soon.

I urge you guys to test it and tell me what it can improve upon.
Last edited by cakemaphoneige on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Campeador
Waheguru

Re: Brititron 1.5 Uploaded for debugging

Post by Campeador »

You could castle a couple of minutes faster. Once you click feudal botton, if you are going to build market+blacksmith, delay your gold mining until you click to castle. Those villagers collecting 100W for camp, and that gold, could be farming. Another good idea could be research wheelbarrow once you arrive to feudal, because you need more than 50'' to build market+blacksmith anyway, so if you can't advance faster, then make your eco stronger. Of course only WB, I agree you that extra eco techs should delay you too much. After than that, you'll only have to adjust your gatherer percetages, if needed.

I see that you train pikemen in the castle age in every case. Spears have two functions: a) cavalry counter, b) late game infantry if you have very little gold. I suggest you don't train them excep if you detect any cavalry or enemy stable or until late game. Those resources could make your boom even better, or allow more upgrades for your archers/knights.

You are right, your script has potential and if you find enough time to work on it it can become very powerful. But don't understimate your competence, if you test your future rivals from the Ladder you'll watch much many good AIs than ever. :devil

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

I did three testgames, two of them in black forest and the third one was in arabia.

First game brititron took almost 21 minutes to castle age. In dark age it was gathering berries and sheep only until berries run out. At that point it had 200 wood as it had too many idle farms and stopped building them. As it didn't hunt it could simply never make up the lack of food. The Horde was britons, too. They went also for a fast castle age and their xbow boom was better than yours with castles. At the time you clicked imperial age at 39 minutes they just started a full pop arbalest and capped ram attack and they had almost no losses against your army that even lacked bodkin arrow.

Second game brititron castled at 18:30 and The Horde with koreans decided to flush but they were too slow and didn't attack before you got the castle up so they decided to advance to castle age, too. Later, at around 30 minutes they tried to build a lumbercamp behind your town as the paths were U-shaped with your script on the bottom and the Horde at one end so even with a small camp max distance it reached the other side. So The Horde kept sending 5-10 villagers into death at all times for about 45minutes when it was finally obvious that brititron would win the match and I quit.

Third game was on arabia and again Brititron was fast to get his castle up. The Horde was mayans and went for EWs, but due to your castle they didn't dare to attack.
Both sides had a rather bad booming and made it to imperial age without any battles at around 42 minutes. The Horde got two trebs, upgraded their EWs to EEW and attacked. With lots of elite longbows and the help of two well placed castles the attack was stopped rather easily.
Both sides rebuilt and a couple minutes later both decided to attack at around the same time. Unlike in the previous game against the koreans your two big ELB groups stopped their suicide march into castle ranged and instead started firing at the Horde's rather scattered units! This time brititron had the slightly higher losses as the Horde upgraded their EWs to 100hp monsters.
And even more bad news for brititron: you forgot about relics. This allowed The Horde to rebuild their EEW and plumed archers again while your pop was still pretty low as selling wood/food wasn't effective. So even your two castles couldn't help you for too long. (You had 4, but the other two were behind your town.)

I agree with Campeador. Your booming needs some work, even my rushs can keep up ecowise (but they're not aggressive enough in my testversion so you can stall them long enough with you spearman to get a castle up :head ). I think 31 villagers in dark age plus 2 in feudal age. Wb doesn't help too much with gathering stone and it more expensive than 2 vils so you can instead move some wood gatherers to stone already if you have the 2nd camp up. Build rax during feudal transit so you can build a range instead your market, this will give you 175wood for either a faster 2nd TC or a monastery. Yeah, no monastery is good against demon's monk on black forest as the computer decides to caputre relic behind your town and suicides all the monks, but obviously it's no good idea on arabia.

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

Another suggestion. To decide to attack or not, you also could count the number of your soldiers and... your enemies. And use a goal or, even better, an obsolete strategic number to remember if you have superiority or inferiority. I think that you currently consider your own strength, but not your enemy's. You can study the Training AI and Goose for this.

Another thing that you can find in both AIs (study the Training AI is a must) is another obsolete SN to count packed or unpacked trebuchets. You know both are "different" units for the game engine and you have prevented correctly in your rules train tons of them (which happens with my unuploaded Crusade 3 because a bug :lol: ), but I think that a g-trebuchet SN, or the name you prefer, could make things easier for you. The code of these both AIs to detect the exact number of real trebs (if it's lesser than ¿9? or if it's higher than ¿9? is very smart.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Thats great thanks guys.

Yea ive solved the bodkin arrow and archer armor issue, i had mixed padded and leather armor up so neither were being researched till imp.
I was just getting onto the monk issue when i read this, its obviously a big problem, major losses for me and gains for the enemy. How do i set a monk to find relics as soon as its made?

Im trying to solve the castle inconsistencies. As you said archon it has great times and bad times. I havnt actually seen a 18.30 for a while since i starting messing with dark and fuedal numbers.

Also im sometimes seeing a 4 villager difference in dark age, yet i watch the TC and it doesn't pause. Sometimes i get 31 vills at 11.30 and sometimes not till 13+. Maybe ive missed something (having it at 5x on CE most the time doesnt help (on that topic does it affect the ai's performance having the speed too high on CE?)) and im about to look into it but if i can get 31 mostly between 11.30 and 12 ill have much better castle times and castle built times

And im holding like a mini tournament at the moment with 32 ai's, some are average but most are the top ai's going around(lol at the horde vs Eclipse match in a test match). Basically the idea is i get to see which are the best of the best and how each ai operates and get new ideas. Ill let you know who wins( both ur ai's are in it). Archon Ai was defeated by Chameleon. Crusade absolutely raped Zycat and the horde raped Degel even worse( is that natural? i see degel is higher on the AOKH ladder than horde? i even replayed it to make sure but the same thing happened). Brititron beat Chong Hong Wei and (ive entered him twice to see more results) was beaten by BTG 5(just) but i replayed it best out of 3(along with a few adjustments) and brititron flogged him in the other 2.

Anyways ill upload an update soon.

jdstankosky
Guru

Post by jdstankosky »

Monks will ALWAYS go for any discovered relics. Period. Trust me.
Do not try to script a counter for everything. That is reactionary, and always slower than taking the initiative in battle. Decide from the start what you are going to do, and do not waiver from it. Own it.

offwo
Guru

Post by offwo »

Novelty Aztecs > Eclipse Use that in your tournement (if you want an AI from me)

THE HORDE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eclipse
The Horde >> Novelty Azt

Intresting results btw. De'gel Aztecs usually beats the Horde, that is strange.
those hackers are just idiots, i spit on them :lol: - Mabuse

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

My old computer cannot handle anything above 3x CE. I suggest to test at 3x and slow in-game speed if you want consistent results:
5x will delay everything, but the relative productivity will increase, so you will be in castle at the same time with your BTG opponent, and with res for an instant castle. If you test at 3x, then BTG will be in your town before your castle is up.

Degel is good only with Aztecs. It can play other civs, but not that well. Horde is very strong with several civs.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Yea your right my villager inconsistency was from using fast+5x speed. This is very interesting as it solves a few problems that were getting to me. I guess tests will be different now. Maybe thats why horde beat degel? ill test and see. Both were in there respective civs too (Huns and aztecs). I got a monk in castle now and ur right jdstankosky it goes for the relics (thats cool). One game it got 3 bfore imp and boosted economy awesomely, but it wasnt enough to hold off boss who raped brititron 3 times in a row :angry:.

More results from the mini tourney. Lade beat VNS_Halen. Phyrexx beat crusade. IS machine beat byz_nightmare. Ageofstonewalls beat leif_ericson(raped might i add). Im currently playing Brititron versus alliancethunda. Will edit in a few more results soon.

Btw BTG wasnt attacking until around 25+ and none of his first attacks ever dinted me, it was always an imp showoff that went for ages but with BTG only always feeding brititron.

Having issues with wheelbarrow atm, and with a few rules btw, i swear some seem to think >= 31 means only 32 never 31 and wheelbarrow is > 1 TC meaning 2 but wants to only research at 3 TC's void of the fact that there is enough resources(more than enough) therefore screwing up my build order and the priority of pikeman and longbowmen.

Edit 1. After solving yet a few more issues(possibly temporarily, hope not) i versed against Alliance and despite an early attack by alliance in late feudal and jaguars (yucatan) eating alot of my miners resulting in a 25 min castle and even later 2nd TC, he failed to launch a decent attack after that until right as elite was being researched. Mistake :rofl . It was all downhill for mister empire after that bwahahahaha. I dislike ATE with a passion because when i was first learning to play agaisnt good ai's in my early days with this game, he would always rape me and my allies (which most the time was farmertron) with his knight rushes
Last edited by cakemaphoneige on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

In my experience such delays are often due to escrow. Are you using escrow? If so, are you releasing the escrowed resources before researching it?