Brititron 1.8

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Re: Brititron 1.8

Post by Promiskuitiv »

I tested against it's Britons and Mayans and discovered that Brititron attacks way earlier now (it's units arrive at around 30 mins). :P
Those attacks always almost overwhelmed Promi, but only almost. When Promi managed to push your units back it was pretty much gg afterwards. Brititron's unit output looked very low once his original attack was over.
Could be related to it's economy.

So i think Wartron is still much stronger (but maybe it's only because my byzantines have an easy time against archer civs and a rather hard time against gothic halbs and husks), but you're on the right way at improving Brititron. Brititron was less of a threat before (it's castle-age attack now is pretty decent).

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Yea your right, im actually fiddling with the gather sn's right now. It lacks alot 30 min +.

Ive still been making alot of changes so ill update the beta soon.

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

I remember when Brititron was better than Wartron...

IMO Archers civs are not harder to script then other civs. Random is hardest. :lol:
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

Anyone can be sure about his chaotical intentions, but it seems that Cake will finish converting one of his scripts in random civ and perhaps using the other for different strategies.

Finaldeath
Guru

Post by Finaldeath »

Some stuff from a quick look at fast speed and from recent UP stuff I guess you can easily add;

- UP added option to get sheep to TC only - I'd recommend it on, some got stuck a bit around the mill.
- Nice food dropping kept the TC not idle.
- Shame no boar hunting in the game I watched; the usual SN's and no forced hunters usually are okay too; it did eventually after 18 mins get a boar, guess it got board of fish!
- Nice fast castle (17 mins or so) even without boar hunting :) (was a map with nearby fish and deer)
- Castle placement I think can be improved using placement rules, sadly the AI by default just places it in a random place, nice fast one though.
- Random TC placement, perhaps update it to place as a gold mine or stone mine
- Defended against a hoard attack, pretty good.
- Placed, what I guess is a forward archery range, led to a lot of unnecessary deaths against saracen knights
- Then Cameleon gets all the relics, and wins by relic victory, haha, while Horde and Brititron keeps attacking each other. I forgot to set it to conquest! GG :)

Was playing as Britons, would have done reasonably well; one thing is perhaps on the map size I chose there wasn't the space to properly expand (your University kept going in enemy territory) but can't do much about that :D again placement rules might help put it away from the enemy.
Finaldeath

Writing a set of tutorials - My own AI is super secret development!

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Actually Promi lost when i gave the new Brititron the chinese civ. ;(
I'll make sure that this won't happen an other time. :devil

Also i think the main reason Snake is so strong are it's towers and rams. When he attacks i defeat his army, but in the meantime his rams took my TC and some other stuff. Behind that are 20 towers constantly shooting at my units which try to defend against the rest of Snake's units.
But after some changes Promi just wrecked those rams, defended against this attack and destroyed the forward towers with own rams. Promi was suddenly in front by 2000+ points (5000 - 7000+) and won easily. :P
Only against some of Snake's civs though.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Thanks for the feedback guys - appreciated.
been doing a fair bit of finetuning, might release another beta for moar feedback.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Heres another beta for you guys to test, appreciate any feedback.
All kinds of changes, finetuning etc.

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Chinese are very impressive, they beat Snake mayans until I made some changes (to snake lol).

Two areas to improve:
1. Boar hunting is inconsistent: one game it was great but hunted 2nd boar at 25:00 (this was with turks) but in another game it took much longer to hunt.
2. Train more skirmishers if massed archers are only detected. The lack of skirmishers actually helped against Snake cause snake goes pure eagles when enemy skirmishers and no enemy infantry is detected (snake mayans) But against any other xbow rushing/CA rushing AI, you want more skirmishers.

Other than that, impressive castle up time. Very decent unit output despite lots of vills on stone. and very quickly gets 2 castles up.
Good job.
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »