Barbarian v2.18

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
_II2N_
Guru

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by _II2N_ »

In the first game Barbarian fell a lot behind after the inital m@a rush. It never really had the resources to do much. There isn't yet any defensive grouped micro, but I've planned to add that in future. Right now defense is either just normal ES response or with patrol (when Barbarian thinks it has enough army for active defending).

Barbarian does search for berry patches for 2nd mill near its TC. However it doesn't apparently block farming for that purpose. I need to take a look at that.

the1unknown:
Barbarian does always tribute its remaining resources to allies when it resigns whenever it has a market left. It also resigns only if it and its team has large population disadvantage, and I haven't really seen it resign too early.

Thanks.

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

_II2N_ wrote:In the first game Barbarian fell a lot behind after the inital m@a rush. It never really had the resources to do much. There isn't yet any defensive grouped micro, but I've planned to add that in future. Right now defense is either just normal ES response or with patrol (when Barbarian thinks it has enough army for active defending).

Barbarian does search for berry patches for 2nd mill near its TC. However it doesn't apparently block farming for that purpose. I need to take a look at that.

the1unknown:
Barbarian does always tribute its remaining resources to allies when it resigns whenever it has a market left. It also resigns only if it and its team has large population disadvantage, and I haven't really seen it resign too early.

Thanks.
then was my bad, I had only few monks for the relics. I was planning to go full UU, so I invested all my resources on castles.
still..I believe that AI should not resign if there is an human in game. Or maybe ai should ask the human player if it can resign, would be cool.

not making a close mining camp when it has so much wood , please update
https://ibb.co/Bj401Hj
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

joshuamdavis
Forumer

Post by joshuamdavis »

Can this AI be played on the Age of Empires II HD edition in Steam? If so, any instructions or info on how to do it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

I cant give a definitive answer, but I would very much doubt it as UP generally seems to have more AI functionality than HD. Subject to correction (standard disclaimer :lol: ).
Stephen Hawking held a party for time travelers.
He sent the invitation out the day after. Nobody attended.

Ah coffee. The sweet balm by which we shall accomplish today's tasks. ~ Holly Black

Aleph
Yogi

Post by Aleph »

Shouldn't the standard disclaimer be "HD is garbage, you should never use it and never expect anything to work on it"?

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Aleph :lol:

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

yes, my noob -player-skills made me switch to barbarian point of view and delete all his TCs, military buildings, markets and lumbercamps, so it has something around 100 wood. and just few minutes later barbarian had 4-5 barracks full of eagles and pikes

my game got bugged or barbarian is cheating on hard ?!

and i heard the 999 taunt every time it got resources

at the end of the game none of his allies tribute him resources.

gg, no wonder it went victorious (no, it didnt )
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

Armelon
Swami

Post by Armelon »

Assuming you played a arabia game. and noone was currently attacking Babarians base. it just rebuild. bought stone if required, switched eco around shortly. most better Ai's have a pretty decent rebuild code. Just the deleting of a few buildings without actual villager loses means relativly little. yes im sure you slowed him down, but since you where so much slower yourself it was not enough to make you "even"

It does not cheat on hard by default. However i believe Barbarian has some codes if cheating is allowed that might activate.

Insted of trying to beat AI's by cheating, i would suggest u play 4v4 with only the same AI's Its alot easier to give the needed support to ur allies, in order to win the game, than to right away take on a too strong oponent. If your looking to improve that is.

Aleph
Yogi

Post by Aleph »

Bad enough when noobs accuse any player who's better than them of cheating, but now they're even doing the same to AIs...

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

Armelon wrote:Assuming you played a arabia game. and noone was currently attacking Babarians base. it just rebuild. bought stone if required, switched eco around shortly. most better Ai's have a pretty decent rebuild code. Just the deleting of a few buildings without actual villager loses means relativly little. yes im sure you slowed him down, but since you where so much slower yourself it was not enough to make you "even"

It does not cheat on hard by default. However i believe Barbarian has some codes if cheating is allowed that might activate.

Insted of trying to beat AI's by cheating, i would suggest u play 4v4 with only the same AI's Its alot easier to give the needed support to ur allies, in order to win the game, than to right away take on a too strong oponent. If your looking to improve that is.
when all building were lost, barbarian had only around 100 wood (+100 so that it can make a lumbercamp), 3 gold, 8 food and somewhere around 80 stone. But yes, it has around 120 -140 villagers. So I was thinking at what you said and its a probability , , because it has so many villagers , ai villagers may had resources at them, and when the specific building was build , they drop up resources ( was an imp game).

No one attacked barbarian new base because all ais lost their military and other buildings. If the game didnt happened the way i wanted, i thought i may at least test some things, to see how all ais will rebuild their base after a total destruction.

Thanks for the advice, i will make the best use of it

anyway, if barbarian didnt cheat at all, this means it was really well scripted , and if it cheated, this means more long games=more fun
Aleph wrote:Bad enough when noobs accuse any player who's better than them of cheating, but now they're even doing the same to AIs...
how dare they do that to our beloved ais, this cant be forgiven :lol: