Barbarian v2.18

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
lolasik43
Forumer

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by lolasik43 »

paper wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:45 am
It's been one year since _II2N_'s last post, we still don't know if a new version of Barbarian is under development or not...

I was lucky to be able to download a copy of barbarian 2.18b which was inside an AI tournament pack.

After some adjustments which remove startup errors with extreme difficulty(I didn't add cheats in extreme), unit defconsts and interaction with other players using DE civs, that ai has still a good win rate against the default extreme DE AI in RM and DM even after one year since DE's release.
Can you please share with me your version of barbarian 2.18b AI?

paper
Forumer

Post by paper »

This is my version of Barbarian AI and is not fully DE compatible for various reasons
This version of Barbarian should be used only on Hard or Extreme difficulty, it doesn't cheat except on hardest
It cannot use DE civs(Bulgarians, Cumans, Lithuanians, Tatars), but it can play with other players using DE civs
It can research supplies but not efficiently, it is researched after longswordsman tech
It can research Eupseong with the same conditions as Guard tower and Keep
It can train Mercenary Kipchaks, but not Steppe Lancers
It plays the Capture the Relic game mode like Relic Victory

EDIT 2020-12-08:
Changed defconst hunter-max-carry from 40 to 38 for Aztecs because of the carry nerf from update 42848
Changed research conditions for Kamandaran, Barbarian will research the tech if it has at least one unit from the archer line
Added an extra research condition for Supplies, Barbarian will research the tech if it has also at least one unit from the militiaman line
Fixed an issue with researches related to Plate Barding Armor for Indians because they can't research it anymore since update 42848
Attachments
Barbarian 2.18b_edit.zip
Unofficial DE Version(2020-12-08)
(485.45 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
Barbarian218b_edit.zip
Unofficial DE Version(2020-12-06)
(485.29 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
Last edited by paper on Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lolasik43
Forumer

Post by lolasik43 »

paper wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:52 am
This is my version of Barbarian AI and is not fully DE compatible for various reasons
This version of Barbarian should be used only on Hard or Extreme difficulty, it doesn't cheat except on hardest
It cannot use DE civs(Bulgarians, Cumans, Lithuanians, Tatars), but it can play with other players using DE civs
It can research supplies but not efficiently, it is researched after longswordsman tech
Thank you !!! :rolleyes:

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

paper wrote:
Are there any differences (made by TheMax) from 2.18 apart from the changes you mentioned doing urself? :)

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

i think that the version 2.18b found in that tourneypack shouldn't be shared. I made a mistake when i made that pack and released an new one 1 day later with this time, the official version of Barbarian. Paper you were lucky to have downloaded it at time :)
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

lolasik43
Forumer

Post by lolasik43 »

paper wrote:

EDIT 2020-12-08:
Changed defconst hunter-max-carry from 40 to 38 for Aztecs because of the carry nerf from update 42848
Changed research conditions for Kamandran
Added an extra research condition for Supplies
Fixed an issue with researches related to Plate Barding Armor for Indians because they can't research it anymore since update 42848
Thank you for update !!!

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

Esty wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:45 am
i think that the version 2.18b found in that tourneypack shouldn't be shared. I made a mistake when i made that pack and released an new one 1 day later with this time, the official version of Barbarian. Paper you were lucky to have downloaded it at time :)
Aww c'mon! I can't believe I missed it as a big Barbarian fan :rofl :head
I don't know what the difference is, but as I grow impatient waiting for an official update, I'd probably be ok with whatever the differences are :lol:

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

will there be a new barbarian in 2021?

Arpheus
Forumer

Post by Arpheus »

I am also eagerly awaiting updates on the barbarian AI. I'm glad there is the version from Paper to use in the meantime - paper did a great job to port it to DE. Paper did you already update it so that you as a player can use sicilians and burgundians without raising an Error on the barbarian AI?

I am enjoying your version a lot with the compatibility to DE and Extreme difficulty - have been doing dozens of matches against it. At the moment it is the best AI there is in AoE 2 DE and it works unless there is Sicilians or Surgundians and unless the barbarian has to play a DE civ.

From my tests Odette is getting better and better and 2.1 puts up a fight against barbarian for a while before it gets defeated. Also the standard DE AI from Promi is also getting better and better but is not yet up to the task to beat the barbarian AI.

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Arpheus wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:44 am
Also the standard DE AI from Promi is also getting better and better but is not yet up to the task to beat the barbarian AI.
Is Promi still scripting his ai? Sounds awesome!
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets