Promi 2.11

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
scripter64
Waheguru

Re: Promi 1.55

Post by scripter64 »

Thanks, Promi :)

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Ah I only tested on hard but that's a very good point, I'll adjust that on hardest!

Also thank you very much for the rest of your feedback, the WK support is still very fresh so not everything is fully optimized yet and your feedback is helpful for changing that. :)

I also made some changes which affect AoC too (which don't necessarily make the AI stronger yet). I will make improvements to both general parts of the AI and the WK support in the next version.

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Thx Promi :).

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Re: Promi 1.55b

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Updated again, improved WK support and general fixes.

The plan is to continue with these more regular updates for now (rather than every ~6 months compared to before). :)

Edit @ayatokido : The khmer bug was caused by Promi starting the feudal age research before reducing the hard coded cheats, so he ended up with a negative amount of food at second 1 (and feudal age research started), that's fixed now. Promi can still build a feitoria but it should be a tiny bit less likely. The other issues you mentioned are also mostly fixed but still a work in progress. :)

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Thanks, Promi! :) :)

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Good to hear, I hope I can test it SOON :devil.

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

:dance :devil

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

Great to hear, thank you.
I think it would be nice if TriRem would add your AI to WK. Even in progress it is really strong/ probably the strongest for WK.
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

ayatokido
Forumer

Post by ayatokido »

Thanks for the update :dance
I tested some game for the Rise of the Rajas civilizations.
Now i can see Promi will use the battle elephants at Imperial age
but Promi just build a little bit and then no longer build it again or go back to focus on unique units.
It's hard to say that focusing on unique units is a good or bad idea for some civilizations.

In my opinions, Khmer, Ethiopians and Indians shouldn't focus on unique units.

Let me talk about Khmer first, i think ballista elephant is a supportive unit.Because of it has good HP, pierce armor and the attack bonuses of stone defense and building but it has low damage(9+1 pierce damage), slow rate of fire of 2.5, a range of only 5+1, thumb ring/ballistics not affect.
If Promi focus on ballista elephant, it will waste the battle elephant/scorpions bonus of Khmer.
Since battle elephants move faster,higher melee attack with trample damge, resist enemy attacks slightly better,
and scorpions with Khmer UT, it has (16+1)*2 damage and 7+2 range.
So, i suggest khmer should focus on battle elephants and scorpions for the attack/main units and ballista elephant, hand cannoneers for supportive units like skrimisher/halberdier.

Indians, elephant Archer is also a supportive units like Khmer ballista elephant.becasue it has slow rate of fire of 2.5 and slow speed 0.8.I suggest Indians should focus on Imperial Camel and Hand cannoneers for the attack/main units.
Because of the bonus of Indians(camel+1/+1armor,+6 damage to buildings,hand cannoneers +1 range) and Imperial camel much versatile than elephant archer. (counter cavalry units, building, move faster)

Ethiopians, shotel warrior has high damage (18+4 melee damage), fast speed 1.2 and creation speed but low hp 50 and low armor(0+3/1+3). i think it should be raid unit more than main unit. because of it can't resist cavalry, champions, archers.
Also, Ethiopians has strong archer and siege bonus(archer fire 15% faster, UT increase siege weapon blast radius,
can build all of siege units )
I suggest Ethiopians should mass of arbalest and siege for main units. Shotel warrior should go for raiding like hussar.Although Ethiopians has hussar,it lack bloodlines and plate barding armor.

On the other hand, i discover Promi default strategy is fast castle? Sometime will defeat by Barbarian becasue of his default strategy is flush/drush.Then, promi will not have many units to defend even it can advanced to castle age but his eco almost dead in 1v1 arabia(hardest)

again, thanks for the update and sorry about my English are not well.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Re: Promi 1.55c

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Thank you very much for the feedback again ayatokido!

I just uploaded a small update but i wasn't able to fix all issues that you mentioned yet, i will work on them soon!
As for the default strategy: I updated Promi on the hardest difficulty level making his early game a tiny bit slower there but he may still do it.

On hard he should flush much more often as flank (and sometimes drush).

The main reason of uploading this update already was to fix some bugs, if you still find any or have more feedback please let me know.

Until then :)