Promi 2.11

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Re: Promi 1.0!

Post by UnfairestEel »

:rofl
You'll find that Mire is unique in that it's the only klewing mayan AI
This is because Aztecs can do it better ;)
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

I am from Greece. Neue TSA is my 4th attempt to make a good TSA. So from TSA I moved to New TSA, then to Nouveau TSA... lol

If you want to see how I use 2 rows of #load-if, go check Lade, the Control Panel.per. You will see how it loads all constants files, then all rules files. I can make it random. In fact, I am already working on multiple strats per civ. Next Lade version will not only be all-civs, but it will have many strats per civilisation. Then you will be able to see what I meant.

There is no such thing as load-percent. I meant load-random.

A market in feudal is often useful, or even essential. For example, traderts. You have no gold. True, you get a market, but you also have to use it.
Other times (Nomad, poor exploration, camp-dropped-on-unexplored-terrain-bug) you need to sell something coz you have no access to gold. I prefer selling wood, but selling stone is also acceptable. It's up to you, as Ruler said.
If you happen to have > 800 food but less than 200 gold, then go sell some wood asap, shut down everything for a moment and advance! Don't wait for that gold miner, this is the most critical step in a game.
It is also important to note than, when in intense feudal wars, or when the enemy is sieging your gold, you often have not enough gold, or even food, for a jump to castle. So, you have to buy some gold, or food. For food I prefer doing wood-->gold-->food. This is costly, but if you play feudal wars, the winner is often the one who hits castle first, takes bodkin arrow and xbow or eskirm first, adds a couple knights and attacks. Flush games are often decided in those 2 minutes. Getting to castle asap is often the key. You need experience for a strong flush that proceeds into castle reasonably fast. A market often helps.

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

There are exceptions (goose)
Knowledge is Time.
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Q.E.D.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

@marathon: That with the two rows is a good idea i probably wouldn't have thought of :lol:

I build a feudal market when i play against meso-civs to sell f.e. stone if needed when they try to rush at me and i really need the gold.
I'll adjust this when i've got more variation in my strategies later. ;)

When i go for a "fast" (still pretty slow, approximately at 20') castle, i rather spend this wood on a monastery to get the relics first (which works quite well). But yeah, i might adjust everything if needed. ;)

@Eel: Meh, didn't know that Mayan's don't do that regularly :lol: But oh well, i'm going to adjust my "anti-meso" strat to "anti-aztecs" and find an other solution to be able to repel both your mayan xbow and Mire's mayan EW attack! :devil

Edit: 1.0 got wood problems sometimes :> Gonna get fixed soon.
Last edited by Promiskuitiv on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Smart move. It's because of Mire that I don't spam skirmishers against Mayan opponents! :lol:
Knowledge is Time.
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Q.E.D.

THE RULER
Guru

Post by THE RULER »

rofl
It's poison and it's blood and big fire, big burn - into the ashes and no return

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Sorry if Promi no longer defeats Mire because of me.
Knowledge is Time.
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Q.E.D.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

So 1.0 seems to be rather weak against Rangers strat, but now i added even more counters and i just won against your saracens again. Still losing to your better civs though, gonna fix that too. :dance
Sorry if Promi no longer defeats Mire because of me.
Don't worry, i'll find a way :)

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Hmm... My how did my saracens do?
Knowledge is Time.
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Q.E.D.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Actually pretty good. You probably would've won if some of your units wouldn't have ran into my castle/2nd TC. :> Then when i attacked your AI could withstand the attack for a while but then i also researched imperial age and finished it.

I just don't get my AI to get a solid army quickly after a FC, it always take sooo long. Maybe i waste too many resources for unnecessary researches, i'm going to look into that too..

Your AI is my new testing opponent ;) (but of course i won't do something like the aztec anti-strat just for those archers, i'm just adding more counters) "just those archers" are pretty strong though :>
Last edited by Promiskuitiv on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.