Nightmare AI v0.9

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Alevo1
Guru

Nightmare AI v0.9

Post by Alevo1 »

Nightmare so far plays the Byzantine civilization on basic land maps (those used in the new UP ladder should all be fine).
It will randomly choose between one of the following six strategies:

- General boom
- Flush
- Knight rush
- Camel and Crossbow rush
- Crossbow rush

Please test to as much extent as you wish and let me know of improvements to be made or bugs that you find!
Attachments
Nightmare v0.9.zip
Farming bug fixed. Trains more rams, especially against passive opponents.
(26.17 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
Nightmare v0.8.zip
Bug fixes/improvements.
(26.12 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
Nightmare v0.7.zip
Bug fixes and improvements as usual. Plays team games (albeit badly).
(25.81 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Last edited by Alevo1 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:34 am, edited 8 times in total.

samoer
Swami

Re: Nightmare AI v0.1

Post by samoer »

Thanks!! :dance

lws735
Forumer

Post by lws735 »

How are you!
I just test your nightmare(byzantine-civ) Ai against boss 1.35(mongol-civ),Some found below.
0.Fast castle! Good!And hunt boar is better than boss. Boss's village is killed by a boar ever. :head
1.Town size control isnot good, forward-town-center? :lol:
2.At some times of castle-age,nightmare have too much Abandoned farmland,only 4 food-gatherer, but 29 wood-gather,after a while,it is normal.
3,When boss send one soldier to harry nightmare, nightare attack at once with all its soldier,but aim not this one soldier,but boss's base. I think if nightmare attack by a wolf,what happened? :P
4.Nightmare build two stable,but train only one knight from start to end,why?Too much remote forces! It is better to train several siege-ram to recieved enemy's arrow at attacking!
5.The biggest question is (boss 1.35 too), when soldiers arrowed by enemy's town-center(villager hide inside),soldiers couldnot get out of the way, maybe you and me didnot understand UP1.3 rules completedly both.

Below is my consult(for my poor english ,i didnot understand some rules of UP1.3):
1.Maybe you know how Ai can gather dispersive soldiers togeer when town-center isnot at attack, so Ai can Concentrated fire once attcked by enemy!
2.How Ai can Withdraw soldiers when town-under-attak is end!
Thanks

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

lws735 wrote:How are you!
I just test your nightmare(byzantine-civ) Ai against boss 1.35(mongol-civ),Some found below.
0.Fast castle! Good!And hunt boar is better than boss. Boss's village is killed by a boar ever. :head
1.Town size control isnot good, forward-town-center? :lol:
2.At some times of castle-age,nightmare have too much Abandoned farmland,only 4 food-gatherer, but 29 wood-gather,after a while,it is normal.
3,When boss send one soldier to harry nightmare, nightare attack at once with all its soldier,but aim not this one soldier,but boss's base. I think if nightmare attack by a wolf,what happened? :P
4.Nightmare build two stable,but train only one knight from start to end,why?Too much remote forces! It is better to train several siege-ram to recieved enemy's arrow at attacking!
5.The biggest question is (boss 1.35 too), when soldiers arrowed by enemy's town-center(villager hide inside),soldiers couldnot get out of the way, maybe you and me didnot understand UP1.3 rules completedly both.

Below is my consult(for my poor english ,i didnot understand some rules of UP1.3):
1.Maybe you know how Ai can gather dispersive soldiers togeer when town-center isnot at attack, so Ai can Concentrated fire once attcked by enemy!
2.How Ai can Withdraw soldiers when town-under-attak is end!
Thanks
Yeah there's a few things I need to put in...

1. That's because my TC is set to LC placement. I'll need to reduce camp distance for this I think!
2. I'm not sure why that happened but I'll look into it.
3. That was just because it decided to attack at that point, though I forgot to put (not(town-under-attack)) in my attacking rules!
4. It should train more but I'm still changing my countering at the moment, so I often get too much trash produced. I've put rules in for the rams but they don't seem to do much unfortunately. I'm still messing about with that too.
5. For that you use up-projectile-detected. I can't remember the exact condition, but then you need to use up-retreat-now with a short timer.

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

Bug fixes and many improvements made.
Struggles in longer games but I can't seem to find out why at the moment...

Alevo1
Guru

Re: Nightmare AI v0.3

Post by Alevo1 »

That was version 0.3 uploaded by the way

samoer
Swami

Post by samoer »

A bug:if it don't find Wild fruit,don't build a Mill,all come to lumbering.

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

samoer wrote:A bug:if it don't find Wild fruit,don't build a Mill,all come to lumbering.
That must've been a pretty big mapscrew, I'll look into it thanks

samoer
Swami

Post by samoer »

Alevo1 wrote:
samoer wrote:A bug:if it don't find Wild fruit,don't build a Mill,all come to lumbering.
Scandinavian map.

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

samoer wrote:
Alevo1 wrote:
Scandinavian map.
Oh I guess I shoulda said, it'll play Arabia mainly, should manage the other ones from the new ladder at the moment