TRiBaL_Warriors

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Esty
Waheguru

Re: TRiBaL_Warriors

Post by Esty »

version 7.4 uploaded. The website is turning too buggy, arguing that my post was containing too few caracters. I couldn't save my descriptions...
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Brainless
Forumer

Post by Brainless »

tnx for the new updates.
I had the same message with my posts. It seems related to url links. When you remove the tags there is no error.

Armelon
Swami

Post by Armelon »

Hey there Esty!
Been working a bit on my AI again & testing vs pharon for the first time. here are some things i noticed you might be able to do something with! :)

It researches carto alot of the time without any reason or intend to get Caravan. mostly happens at a random time during castle-age think i even seen it a few times during feudal for flanks though. best restrict this untill u want caravan, carto is pretty useless for AI's

It seems to love spearman / pikeman but is often rather late on upgrading. seen atleast 1 game as korean where it failed to upgrade into halbs all game although pikeman where its main army. (was beeing pressured contiues)

The thrush sometimes seems to just go around the TC in huge leaps where the towers dont protect eachother. where as sometimes it does build them grouped up, not sure if tactic or whatever. anyhow when they don't back eachother up their relative easy to take out for villagers.

Hope this helps you some, keep up the good work! :)

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Hi Armelon, thank for ur feedback.
Its not the good topic to post comments about " Pharaon " ! We are inside of the TRiBaL house, here... but its ok :lol:

I just fixed the thing related to the cartography. In fact i remember having made Phara researching carto asap for some tests, but then i realized that AIs dont get any benefit of it before the need of ri-caravan, and then forgot to change those rules.

If Pharaon couldn't research halbs at time, its probably because the pressure was heavy. Maybe an escrow rule related to another upgrade was triggered and Pharaon couldn't get the resources requiered for it.. Hard to say without the rec.

And yeah, the trush works in a weird way : a group of villagers moves around the enemie's TC (or another building as long as the TC isn't found) with DUC. As soon as they can build a tower, they do build it, with certain restrictions : a tower can't be built at less than 4 tiles from another tower / a tower can't be built at less than 11 tiles from an enemie's tower, villagers being forced to cross the threat with a waypoint. And when a tower is built at more than 8 tiles from another one, the villagers can wall it with palissade.
More sophisticated rules like making a second group to start building another tower while the first one is under construction, or to defend the tower by attacking the enemie's villagers could be a great addition. It's not impossible to me, but requieres more and more work !
Anyway, Maiar is one of the AIs having overall a good reaction to the trushs with pretty aggressive villagers.
Thx again for ur report ;)
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Uploaded version 7.5b
Fixed escrow rules related to the meso civs as flanks for Wololokingdom.
Eagles armors will be upgraded asap in castle.
Thx Cyanciros for having found the issue :P

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

TRiBaL_Warrior updated
- Added rules to improve its capacity to reboom
- +minor changes

Anti TRiBaL updated
- improved the militian's micro
- fixed issues related to the economy
- impoved the build orders

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Hi Esty, Thanks for the continuous improvements in your AIs.

Last night I had a tg with Tribal against Barbarian. I didn't check the records, but I can tell that one weakness that reminds in your best AI is the sub-optimal response against EEW that easily sweep Tribals away when they caught them in the Castle age.

My suggestion would be to take as a threat when a South-american civic (specially Mayans, but also Aztecs and Incas) reaches the imperial age and is training EW. The flank Tribal in the side of that enemy civic (when is a pocket that reached it early) should train and develop militia line solders. The idea is just to resist better the EW flood. Tribal normally tries to defend with knights, skirms, pikes or whatever it has in castle age.

I think a change in the strategy is safer than being greedy trying to completely destroy the direct rival (other enemy flank). At least this would give time to the Tribal pocket to help on time as well.

All the best

PS: Can Tribal gives the human 1 min to respond instead of 30 seconds at the beginning? Also start talking after about 20 secs. At the very start of the game we just focus on moving our vills and find the sheep so it is hard to pay attention right away to its comments.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Thx Felipe for ur tests and precious advices.
I'll see what i can do in that situation.
Actually tribal tends to focus on any meso booming and can attack it in coordination, this strats triggers only when the meso just booms in castle. Barbarian uses to train units (ew or plumed), thats why that strat does not trigger here.
I'll look what i can do.

PS : When u say that tribal is my best AI, it looks to be no more the case. Pharaon actually tends to get victories regularly vs tribal.

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

233/5000
Hello, tribal is still above the pharaoh.

Recently I made a 1vs1 Arabia tournament with 12 ai for points with 68 games and tribal was fourth, while Pharaoh sixth.

link to the results https://challonge.com/es/529sl07n

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Cheers Esty. I will give a try to Pharaon. Also, I don't remember if you set the 6.2 that was a beast as the anti-tribal . I think it is a nice reference point to check the progress.