ShadeBot (Looking for critiques and suggestions)

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Esty
Waheguru

Re: ShadeBot (Looking for critiques and suggestions)

Post by Esty »

I played a 4v4 Shadbot vs Archon and could notice some things which require improvement :

Sometimes u are housed during several minutes ; I think it's because your villagers are building somethings else and you didn't permit your AI to have several builders at the same time. What i suggest you is to increase the number of the builders, each age reached.
Exemple :

Code: Select all

(defrule
	(current-age == feudal-age)
=>	(set-strategic-number sn-cap-civilian-builders 4)
	(disable-self))
You need way more farms in castle age. You can accumulate like 2k wood unused in spate of making many more farms. U stay with a terrible lake of food. You can make 50 farms in castle age and almost 70 farms in imperial ! Maybe this issue with farms is due to the first point i talked about (not enough villagers assigned to the building) ?

Moreover, i noticed that you sometimes have the resources required to train knights but your 2 stables dont produce anything.

Overal your AI is way better than ur first version. Congratz, ur dark age is fine. Maybe you could define the research of feudal-age with the amount of food condition too ; i mean, you can "Or" have a X number of villagers "or" having >= 600 food. I suggest it because in my test your Ai was persian and researched feudal with like 700 food and 29pop. It reached feudal with more than 700 food ; it could have reached feudal one minute before (-2 villagers) and could research castle in a better time.
What i can say else is you want extra tcs fast in castle + 2 stables (if knights strategy). My test revealed that your stables and tcs are idl the most of the time. it would be more efficient, in a case, to delay the extra tc for more farms and more activities in ur stable or, in other case, to go one stable and make a 2nd one when your economy is growing while your extra tcs produce actively many precious villagers.

Good job, anyway, and good luck in that wonderful world of scripting !
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

LightAndDarkness
Forumer

Post by LightAndDarkness »

Thanks for the advice.

I've added code to set sn-civiliian-builders, but it doesn't seem to help the farm problem at all. My best theory is that having dead farms messes up idle-farm-count and stops ShadeBot from building new farms until all the dead farms are gone, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

I can advice u to try the basic code for farms which is :

Code: Select all

(defrule
	(current-age == xxx-age)
	(some more conditions u will define or not)
	(building-type-count farm < X)
	(idle-farm-count < X)
	(up-pending-objects c: farm < x)
=>
	(build farm))
If that "so simple" tips can help you, give it a try !
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Also "(set-strategic-number sn-cap-civilian-builders 4)" is a pretty low value, i'd set it a lot higher.

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

To build more farms, you need to set-strategic-number sn-enable-new-building-system 1.

While doing this you do need to keep in mind that it can be disastrous under certain circumstances, but such circumstances should easily be found out with a couple of tests.

I recommend a condition like (up-pending-objects c: farm < 3) (other farm requirements) => build farm.
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.