[UP] BruteForce3.1

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Re: [UP] BruteForce3.1

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Hi sir,
It lost 0 -3 this time hahahaha. But it was definitely more stable. I think the causes of the defeats are a lack of horse production while having built an eco for that! So the eco doesn't match the strategy. It is collecting plenty of food in the transition to feudal, with many farms, yet not building stables. And in Castle age gather so much food and gold. If it had trained knights with it, the results would have been much different. I didn´t see the flare and the range units go frontal to the towers till destroying them, not sure if this is cost efficient.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqv1t8jguyhwh ... d.rar?dl=0

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Thx :).

CheeseOnToast
Yogi

Post by CheeseOnToast »

3.1.2 is here

; FIXED: Deer lure hunters will no longer get stuck in a tasking loop.
; FIXED: BruteForce should no longer assign repairers to distant siege.
; FIXED: Several economical bugs
; FIXED: Several unit control bugs
; IMPROVEMENT: Various improvements to escrowing rules
; IMPROVEMENT: BruteForce should now retreat from watch towers better.
; IMPROVEMENT: Celts will now train mangonels/onagers/siege onagers in certain circumstances
; IMPROVEMENT: BruteForce now places emergency camps when needed
; IMPROVEMENT: BruteForce pockets with knights will now wait until imperial age before pushing out (to get cavalier etc)

Let me know if this is an improvement or not, have fun!

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

:D
Stephen Hawking held a party for time travelers.
He sent the invitation out the day after. Nobody attended.

Ah coffee. The sweet balm by which we shall accomplish today's tasks. ~ Holly Black

Aleph
Yogi

Post by Aleph »

Thx for new :) .

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

. :) wen rof xhT

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

:( New for thx.

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Hi man... of course there are improvements. The fact that all the versions after the one I call 0409 (because of it release date) fail against their predecessor doesn't mean they are inferior, since you have been adding new features like civics, TG, and flexibity to AI. It is just that 0409 is STILL superior in 1vs1 ara huns war.

This time was originally a 1 - 3 result, then I decided to gave it another chance, and it was good because lot of findings in game 5.

-The scrush is more conservative. Old version most of the time attacks first, surprising the new one and getting an edge.
-I think that it was game 2, when Tribal got castle age much faster than the enemy, but 0409 hit its gold, then 3.1, already in castle age, immediately build a market, I thought... WOW!, but it never change anything to get gold and train the expected knights to get rid of the enemy range units.
- New version performs better when going the typical range rush, like in game 3 (1 - 2). Ease win.
-It was cool to see in game 4 how Tribal skirms retreat against a enemy tower first, and then it decided to skip it. Haven't seen that before.
- In game 5, version 3.1 executed an excellent FC in 17:30. Very good criteria considering the map with close resources, easy to defend, and it added a tower to protect the gold. It immediately took advantage by training knights from two stables, annihilating invaders and hashing enemy villagers... but what happened after the first glory minutes was really SAD to see!. 3.1 got 3 TC and started to boom, but not getting too many knights, and not training any other unit. It accumulated up to 5000 wood and lot of gold as well, but it never built enough farms. It gave time to the enemy to recover and raped him with CA... its few knights that were improved very late BTW couldn't do too much.

In summary, scrush and Castle age economy must be tunned up according to the unit selection.

As always, I hope this feedback can help you. GL

https://www.dropbox.com/s/876aqlli7g6kj ... 9.rar?dl=0

CheeseOnToast
Yogi

Post by CheeseOnToast »

Agreed with a lot with what you said -- I have an idea on how to solve these economic and gameplay issues... :lol:

In game 5 there appeared to be an escrow bug for some reason, not sure what it could have been escrowing for, when I save and load from that point it doesn't get bugged anymore, how strange :head

CheeseOnToast
Yogi

Post by CheeseOnToast »

New update, new bugs :lol:

- Removed the flaring spaghetti - Aleph helped me figure this one out, it should no longer flare cliffs.
- Fixed several retreating bugs
- Improvements to the economical numbers
- Improvements and various rewrite to existing strategies
- Some other stuff I forgot.

Probably still pathetically easy to beat but hopefully puts up a little better of a fight, have fun! :)