Mininati ◬

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Aleph
Yogi

Mininati ◬

Post by Aleph »

Mini AI with only 19/20 (1v1/TG) rules.
Plays Aztecs, trains monks.

Can beat most outdated AIs and many weaker modern AIs.
Attachments
Mininati_v0.2b.zip
latest, tournament version
(2.36 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
Mininati_v0.2a.zip
stable
(2.33 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Last edited by Aleph on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Lazarus
Guru

Re: Mininati ◬

Post by Lazarus »

Well I guess Illuminati's monk control is gonna be much better too soon :rolleyes:
Time to learn all the new things is too much so probably not scripting

Aleph
Yogi

Post by Aleph »

Well, I probably won't just do some primitive patrol to an arbitrary point with Illu. More likely a system to target different units with each monk for maximum wololo.

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Nice! I love mini AIs :lol:

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Hey Aleph.
What a crazy AI haha. Here some feedback.

-catch explored sheep code missing.
-Again, I suggest a defensive tower for safe FC (always would be boring, but when key resources are in the front would be wise).
-Bug of sending villagers to the enemy base detected (the same as in Illu).
-As soon as it gets a monk, it send him for a relic. This is very dangerous since most of AIs would be attacking so far. So the poor monk is fated. Sending a monk only after you have a couple of them actively defending your base would be great.
-Have never seen an AI garrisoning monks in TC... would be amazing.
-Any plan when the enemy train light cavalry. A single supplementary barrack to train spear-men or even better, EW, once the eco is more stable can save it ass.
-Rams usage optimisation required. Have a look of this AI Bizarre game against Rulers Star. It got stubborn sending lot of the against a tower. It could be much more efficient to start by a closer TC, so the monk would be close enough to support them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7js3w0g1nfasr ... 7.rar?dl=0

Aleph
Yogi

Post by Aleph »

Felipe_EL_Guapo wrote:-catch explored sheep code missing.
-Again, I suggest a defensive tower for safe FC (always would be boring, but when key resources are in the front would be wise).
-Have never seen an AI garrisoning monks in TC... would be amazing.
-Any plan when the enemy train light cavalry. A single supplementary barrack to train spear-men or even better, EW, once the eco is more stable can save it ass.
-Rams usage optimisation required. Have a look of this AI Bizarre game against Rulers Star. It got stubborn sending lot of the against a tower. It could be much more efficient to start by a closer TC, so the monk would be close enough to support them.
The point of a mini AI is to have minimal code. These things aren't missing, they were intentionally left out.
-As soon as it gets a monk, it send him for a relic. This is very dangerous since most of AIs would be attacking so far. So the poor monk is fated. Sending a monk only after you have a couple of them actively defending your base would be great.
Without adding more code, I can only decide between gathering relics asap or not gathering relics at all.
-Bug of sending villagers to the enemy base detected (the same as in Illu).
can't possibly be the same bug, because it has none of Illuminati's code and only one DUC rule. Do you mean in the recorded game? There's no bug there, just vills automatically being sent to repair rams (I might turn that off) and later to mine gold.

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

No mate, the bug was not on that game, but you can find it on this one (sending villagers to grab some barriers from my base!!!).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6gibu1gazp7b ... 2.rar?dl=0

But it was much more terrible in another game I'm afraid I didn't record. Lot of villagers sent to the enemy base, just like in the Illuminatis game I sent you some weeks ago.

Why it has to be 18 rules? why not 20?

Lazarus
Guru

Post by Lazarus »

Felipe_EL_Guapo wrote:Why it has to be 18 rules? why not 20?
Rather than 18 or 20, it's just as few as possible.
Time to learn all the new things is too much so probably not scripting

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

As posible for what? what is the goal? I mean, I know you may want to script as efficient as posible, but why to leave some good not so complex rules behind (well, I am assuming some things but maybe catch explored sheep is more complex than I think, please let me know if I'm wrong with that).

Aleph
Yogi

Post by Aleph »

As posible for what? what is the goal?
As few as possible for it to funtion at all. Just for comparison: Illuminati has 800 rules, Barbarian over 5000. Pretty much every additional feature you can think of will increase the rule count extremely disproportionally to how useful it actually is.

There can't possibly be a vill bug in this. If it sends vills it's just automated resource gathering. Actually I think I can fix it with a single additional SN, so I don't have to add any rules for that. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Illuminati bug.