Pharaon AI

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Esty
Waheguru

Re: Pharaon AI

Post by Esty »

- I improved the micro for ranged-units, the way it targets buildings/enemies and moves in enemie's town regarding the fortifications
- I modified the build order for flanks.
- I fixed an issue with the military advantage calculation which failed if opponent had no military
- I erased some rules i judged not efficient enough

That's it, from what i remember :D
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

venomus
Forumer

Post by venomus »

WoW Pharaon update!

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

After some tests I have noticed Pharaon (and maybe Odette too) often have trouble avoiding Shadow's TC, which I think might be because Shadow often has several towers in front of his base as well. Anyway this is a fairly major issue that often causes Pharaon to lose his whole army.
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Updated ! in this version Phraon shouldn't suicide its army under the enemy tc anymore. It's gathering percentage is kinda improved in imperial for more wood. Thx Marathon for your feedback !
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

PharaoN is Updated for the Final Stage round 3 ! (DC6) :dance

venomus
Forumer

Post by venomus »

Thanks Esty!

I love all your AIs, but I've noticed that Pharaon has a hard time playing the Nomad maps unlike the rest.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Oh, sorry about it. I might have time to study the issues when the tournament is finished. I have to admit that i didn't check if all the changes i made lately to improve pharaon had an impact on LN.
Thx for the info.

clc8901
Forumer

Post by clc8901 »

Hi all, Pharaon is really strong. My observations from land nomad games:

Pharaon doesn't seem to scout properly for the enemy with its militia at times. It tends to idle around its base when exploring. This causes it to get out boomed by other AIs because it couldn't find the enemy to do enough damage.

Also, Arena seems to be its weakest map. Getting beat to the punch when booming by AIs like Barbie and Promi. Otherwise, it is a total beast!

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

I fixed the issue related to the exploration of the militian in LN : the opponent(s) should be found at time for an early assault.
Thx clc8901 for your feedback :)
Didn't work on Arena for this AI yet. I'll maybe have a look on the code and try to improve, regarding the fact that the next tournament will be on Arena :D

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

PharaoN is updated :
- Arena is better played : better boom
- TCs are built in safer ways
- bug fixed concerning the first sheeps under TC on DE
- ibex is added to the animals pharaon can lure
- villagers will attack rams as expected in DE (like it would do in UP)
- and more small details

tribal, odette, anti_tribal, yggdrasil and Esty Tuto have also their small updates. :ph34r:
Last edited by Esty on Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.