fire

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
the1unknown
Yogi

fire

Post by the1unknown »

F I R E
AI

yeah.baby.burn.zip
fire 2.3 Final + DC5 version ( the one for tournaments )
(39.57 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
Good for people who are new to the game or who are not into competitive playing.

Commands :

human ally can type 31 in chat and fire will attack even if it has only 3 military units.
human ally can type 36 in chat and fire will retreat the army.
type 2, 3, 4, 5 to ask for resources.
taunt 246 and it will resign ( in case the game is over, but it still hasn't resigned and you don't want to chase after the last remaining unit/building.
taunt 34 by any computer/human enable for making dock and training fishing ships ( must be typed repeatedly ).
taunt 35 by any cumputer/human disable ( delete dock + fishing ships ( again, must be typed repeatedly ).
taunt 38 will make the AI palisade wall his base, only if the AI is in Feudal age.
taunt 249 makes AI chat how many resources has .
Taunt 250 shows AI Name.

Description :

Added fire2.3 DC-Final-01 which is the version for Davis Cup Tournament. This version should be used for Tournaments ( this version can also play in non tournaments games) . Ai as flank will go for man-at-arms->long-swords and pocket will go scouts->knights or eagle-scouts->eagle-warriors. If the map has standard gold, should be used only meso civs , since non meso civs as pocket fail alot getting to castle age, because they train so many scouts.
Designed for AOC, but it plays all civilisations (AOC, WK, DE, REALMS, AG3, PCM, CHIVALRY).
recommended for 200 population, arabia map, standard resources.
can play team games as well as 1vs1 against another computer ai or human.
it use different strategy for each civilization.
not good at all in DeathMatches, you can try Shark DM - ai - land & water.
not good at nomad type.
cannot play Wonder Race nor Defend the Wonder.
can play crazy maps with some exceptions.
this ai won't make docks and train navy unless you taunt 34, check my first ever ai MyGift for water maps.
will use transportship if it has one or if it has a dock and the map is islands/migration, but will transport only army, not villagers.
it can tribute resources.
it will attack only after it has +30 military population.
all versions of the ai use some different codes and none is better than the other.
it cheats ONLY once on hardest difficulty, when it has under 3 villagers left.
i used this ai to learn ai scripting, it was build for more chilling games and for players who are kind of new to the AOE2.

--------------------------------
latest version of this AI is called fire2.3 Final
-------------------------------
please be careful when you try this ai, always have water close to you !
Last edited by the1unknown on Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 23 times in total.
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

scripter64
Waheguru

Re: fire

Post by scripter64 »

Thanks! Is this the new 1v7 AI?

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

scripter64 wrote:Thanks! Is this the new 1v7 AI?
let the world burn !! :lol:
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

:devil :lol:

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Hi the1unknown,
I tested Fire and it looks to be a real improvement compared to ur previous AIs.
I guess it would be the one selected for the davis cup ! ? Can you confirm it ?

I tested fire against Dreadnought (another AI competiting in the next tourney)
Those are my advices :
You want Fire to reach feudal-age the fastest it can, so it won't train more that 20 villagers or so. The problem here is Fire has around 250 food pop 21. Ur TC stays idle too long while ur opponent increases his population. What would help a lot is to use sn-enable-boar-hunting set to 1 when you have at least more than 12 villagers (loom should be researched).
You build some farms before having built a lumbercamp. It's weird but i assume it's because you want a transition after the sheeps having been eaten. why not...
Your economy balance would be really better if you train more villagers in dark age ; you would have more wood when u are researching feudal age and could build a barrack way faster to train your militians. And idealy, build the mining-camp on gold during the transition dark-feudal. Prioritize the army buildings before the blacksmith. If you train units in feudal-age, you shouldn't stop training villagers to max40, or, once again, your TC will stay idle too long.
Human players always tend to keep the TC busy till imp age and more than 120-140 villagers. I think that AIs should do the same.

Fire can be easily improved, keep up the good work.
Good luck.
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

Esty wrote:Hi the1unknown,
I tested Fire and it looks to be a real improvement compared to ur previous AIs.
I guess it would be the one selected for the davis cup ! ? Can you confirm it ?

I tested fire against Dreadnought (another AI competiting in the next tourney)
Those are my advices :
You want Fire to reach feudal-age the fastest it can, so it won't train more that 20 villagers or so. The problem here is Fire has around 250 food pop 21. Ur TC stays idle too long while ur opponent increases his population. What would help a lot is to use sn-enable-boar-hunting set to 1 when you have at least more than 12 villagers (loom should be researched).
You build some farms before having built a lumbercamp. It's weird but i assume it's because you want a transition after the sheeps having been eaten. why not...
Your economy balance would be really better if you train more villagers in dark age ; you would have more wood when u are researching feudal age and could build a barrack way faster to train your militians. And idealy, build the mining-camp on gold during the transition dark-feudal. Prioritize the army buildings before the blacksmith. If you train units in feudal-age, you shouldn't stop training villagers to max40, or, once again, your TC will stay idle too long.
Human players always tend to keep the TC busy till imp age and more than 120-140 villagers. I think that AIs should do the same.

Fire can be easily improved, keep up the good work.
Good luck.
Esty, thanks for testing it and for your feedback.

What civ fire had in your test ?

In one of my tests fire as britons(agaist another fire as chinese) had a late feudal and then commited to a stupid endless feudal age. The other fire ai as chinese was with knights and monks. Archers, skirms and m@a could not stand a chance.
So i thought at removing the militia line from his script. Then in another test fire played as turks vs promi. Promi had as always an early aggression. In this game fire performed 16pop feudal(no idle tc ). Those militia became m@a and soon fire researched castle age and long swordman. Then it started creating knights and monks. Promi killed lots of vills on fire's wood line. And as soon promi got to castle age, fire had no chance.
I got the same result in an fire as turks vs maiar. Maiar with full skirms didn't do nothing to m@a and fire was early to castle age. But that was all.
In a test agaist valkyrie fire researched loom in castle age and after that clicked to imperial 1111
In another test fire researched loom after 2-3 were created in dark age. I tested fire vs almost all ai.

Yes, I sign fire for davis cup, when the cup starts ?

#EDIT: realising that the 16pop feudal was on turbo speed

# the reason the ai is stoping making vills is because due to his bad micro with units, if ai keeps making vills, it will never gets to castle/imperial age. The enemy will kill his vills. I didn't know what else to add to avoid that super-late age-advanced
Last edited by the1unknown on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

I don't understand. Sometimes it is low on gold , but does not task any vills on gold. This happens only sometimes, I don't know what trigger this.

I have this rule

(defrule (current-age >= feudal-age) (gold-amount < 200)
=> (set-strategic-number sn-gold-gatherer-percentage 30) )

for some reasons it seems it won't read it

fixed. problem with woodline

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

when u set a gatherer percentage, you need to keep in mind that the total of the percentages might be equal to 100.
If you writte this :

Code: Select all

(defrule
	(current-age == feudal-age)
	(gold-amount < 200)
=>	(set-strategic-number sn-gold-gatherer-percentage 30)
	(disable-self))
what about the other resources ?
You should modify any resource-percentage to be sure the total is 100.
Moreover, the disable-self can cause some issues because this code will be read once only.
Exemple about what you could try :

(defrule
	(gold-amount < 200)
=>
	(up-compare-sn sn-gold-gatherer-percentage c:< 20); you dont want more than 20% of villagers gathering gold
	(up-modify-sn sn-gold-gatherer-percentage c:+ 5)
	(up-modify-sn sn-food-gatherer-percentage c:- 3)
	(up-modify-sn sn-wood-gatherer-percentage c:- 2)
	(up-modify-sn sn-stone-gatherer-percentage c:+ 0))
This code should be written after your rules containing "set-strategic-number sn-xxx-gatherer-percentage" and without any disable-self.

Good luck
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

Esty wrote:when u set a gatherer percentage, you need to keep in mind that the total of the percentages might be equal to 100.
If you writte this :

(defrule
	(current-age == feudal-age)
	(gold-amount < 200)
=>	(set-strategic-number sn-gold-gatherer-percentage 30)
	(disable-self))
what about the other resources ?
You should modify any resource-percentage to be sure the total is 100.
Moreover, the disable-self can cause some issues because this code will be read once only.
Exemple about what you could try :

(defrule
	(gold-amount < 200)
=>
	(up-compare-sn sn-gold-gatherer-percentage c:< 20); you dont want more than 20% of villagers gathering gold
	(up-modify-sn sn-gold-gatherer-percentage c:+ 5)
	(up-modify-sn sn-food-gatherer-percentage c:- 3)
	(up-modify-sn sn-wood-gatherer-percentage c:- 2)
	(up-modify-sn sn-stone-gatherer-percentage c:+ 0))
This code should be written after your rules containing "set-strategic-number sn-xxx-gatherer-percentage" and without any disable-self.

Good luck
Thanks. But if I don't add all 4 changes and somehow it get some percentage of 80% instead of 100%, will my ai idle his villagers or just put too many on an resource ?

The reason I wrote only 1 resource-gather-percentage was because without this I would had to wrote 20xmore scripts.

Like..for each..... current age-dark gold < 200 -> (for militia rush/ or loom if it has some crazy settings and it starts with 0 gold.
current age dark gold > 200 ->
current age feudal age - gold <200
current age feudal age gold > 200
and so on
and then for food also, and for wood and stone.

I never used this settings before, thanks, I will make a good use of them
sn-food-gatherer-percentage c:- 3)

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

I hope in the next userpatch update I will see The Ability for vills to climb cliffs

Because...

this ai is ready for it :lol: