Thermopylai

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
TheNightPanda
Swami

Re: Thermopylai

Post by TheNightPanda »

marathon wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:10 pm
I uploaded a version of Thermopylae that (hopefully) plays DE, including Sicilians and Burgundians.
Unfortunately I don't own DE myself, so I may have missed something critical. Anyway, enjoy!

Also, this version can participate in the DE ladder, and it can play all civs (again, hopefully).
Did 2 quick test games. Not sure what the normal behavior is on UP is but it failed to mill its berries over 50% of the time, even when it had scouted its berries, sometimes milling the deer, sometimes milling nothing. Also one flank failed to finish its second house and kept being pop capped at 10 for the rest of the game. One frank pocket went for skirms and pikes through both feudal and castle age.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Thanks.

The mill issue is not rare, but certainly not that often as you witnessed it. It did happen in a recent tournament on WK, vs Bambi, actually in 2 players, but it surprisingly did not cost the game.

Franks going trash as pocket is indeed far from optimal, but I do not have proper strats. For almost all civs, there is always the chance that they load the old classic Byzantine trash strategy, solely because it is pretty reliable in later game. In DC5 vs Horde, a 2v2 had my AI choose Byz and they played 1v2 for some time, even launching a terrifying pike attack lol.
I certainly need to make more strategies. Malay elephants, perhaps some fast imperial, some dedicated hardcore promi-style booming, and a krush that is better than the Persian strategy (which funnily switches to lcav in late castle even if there is tons of gold). And of course, eagles.
But since I have a beta here with radically modified core, that is supposed to allow for easier strategy implementation, I am reluctant to put effort into something that will soon become obsolete.

For example, with my beta, I tried to make a boom only strat for a funny mod. It was so easy. I did it in half an hour. With this core it would take me probably days.

THE RULER
Guru

Post by THE RULER »

hey ol'boy !
still in scripting ?! fine !
damned restrictions brought me back to start OAC after 5 years complete abstinence
hoping all fine in your fam. and all well up.
I'll test your script but i won't (maybe) take much time in gaming (any more) TOO OLD ME
Yours
Ruler
It's poison and it's blood and big fire, big burn - into the ashes and no return

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Welcome back, old friend!

I took a 3+ years break as well, I returned maybe 15 months ago. During my break I did not touch AOE2 at all. Now I feel the challenge of ai scripting again, although (you know me) I am not a competitor. I am rather a creator.

My old email was blocked by yahoo.

Really glad that you are back! Regardless of whether you script or not, you are back and you are fine!

THE RULER
Guru

Post by THE RULER »

right ! rusher tournies are out of my passion
meanwhile I try to optimize scipting code as an art, not so much the result on the map later on
most of handling I've already automatisized in "The Star" abandoned in 2016 :rolleyes:
meanwhile I needn't concern about all microstuff, f.e I order for research archer upgrade grade 1 and it will do it whenever it is "doable"
direct jump is now a good help for developers, i needn't any more count the rules, maybe I write a subroutine, anyway it is not necessary as the script repeats cont.
phantastic is the group set stuff, I've always played strategic battles with groups (C&C alert red) some tests I did works perfect for me now.
makes me script like as a human plays, but so much work to do for any target I like to set.

I did a test run with your script and at once I liked that mill/field combi, i always ignored that mill placing - a mistake (but be shure i'll raid them later on)
I stopped that game after heavy struggle in post imp in a castle vs castle ahead battle at 17tsd points both (didn't count the deceased..)

and yes your Lade still in my mind, what an insame units spammer, hard to defeat
ATM my test AI is Bruteforce, to set up a proper defense for early heavy attackers, its a good script and I now get any camp ahead my town to place a WT at it , but I aimed to make it much more clever and sneaky to handle with humans

Have a nice WE and happy scripting

apologice for late response, I switched eventually to Win10 and forgot to take the Pw with, ER blocked my account as I really don't know the colour of player 5 took me days to get the cyan - holy shit
ATM snooker WC and watching that more than scripting lol
It's poison and it's blood and big fire, big burn - into the ashes and no return