The Black Pearl Reborn

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Hector
Waheguru

The Black Pearl Reborn

Post by Hector »

Hello all!!
I am working (just for fun) on a new version of my Black Pearl. Everything with all commands, version 1.0c.

Something Vintage. I will let you know if I can fix several bugs that other versions had.

Regards and please Stay at Home!
There are a lot of hidden wonders in the world, despite nowbody knows them...they exist.

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: The Black Pearl Reborn

Post by Leif Ericson »

Nice to hear Hector! Is this your Team Islands AI?

Hector
Waheguru

Post by Hector »

Yes it is Leif.
One of them. It is good until imperial in which had a bug for several years. I have fixed it while I stay at home. :D
There are a lot of hidden wonders in the world, despite nowbody knows them...they exist.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

That's cool to hear Hector, have fun and stay safe! :dance

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

Nice!

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Hey Hector!

It is a pity that after so many years your AI remains THE ai for islands. Noone reached its level despite Userpatch. People online seek for such an AI and they usually are directed to it.

I think it would be nice to not resign if the map settings are not the ideal ones. Just send a chat. There are excellent custom maps that may not have the islands or team islands constant but still share the same gameplay, more or less. Many people nowdays play multiplayer with AIs in the mix, and there is a notable shortage of water AIs.

Also there is demand for an AI for Migration and Pilgrims. Pilgrims is easier. Migration, well if enemy has buildings on big island then I guess you can invade. But Pilgrims is unplayable without special code to move everything, including your sheep, to big island. Many people would be happy with such an AI, but it needs Userpatch coding, which you said you dont intend to include.

I am looking forward for the reborn Black Pearl.

Hector
Waheguru

Post by Hector »

Hi marathon!

Once it is fixed, I will update Mexico V1.7 with the BP commands and then I will go to userpatch. The thing here is that I am an "old generation" scripter and don't know anything about the userpatch. But surely I will take a look on it.

I am so close to finish, I tested it and it works fine, now I am testing vs other AI's in order to see effectiveness.

I hope :head ends soon :lol:

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Hi Hector,
I am an old fan of Mexico the AI (and Mexico the city that i visited 15 years ago) :D
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Hector
Waheguru

Post by Hector »

Hi Esty, glad you like it.
;)

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

Oh my goodness! So good to see you again Hector :D
Stephen Hawking held a party for time travelers.
He sent the invitation out the day after. Nobody attended.

Ah coffee. The sweet balm by which we shall accomplish today's tasks. ~ Holly Black