Rehoboam

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
TheNightPanda
Swami

Re: Rehoboam

Post by TheNightPanda »

Dealing with walls on a human level is pretty tricky and thus is something I will need to spend alot of time to get right. I have ideas for how to script it but do not currently have the time to make it. It is on the top of the list when I find the time though

TheNightPanda
Swami

Reuploaded

Post by TheNightPanda »

1.80a reuploaded without a new bug preventing ranged units to shoot when ahead

endereco
Forumer

Post by endereco »

Hi!

Firstly, thank you for this amazing AI!

After updating to version 1.80 (updated today to 1.80a) I have been getting a lot of lag and stuttering until the AI goes to castle age. Some games the military units (archers and knights) keep circling around themselves and bugging around cliffs (as if spamming clicks for each unit).
Is this known?

The archer micro is super cool and very efficient if the AI mass xbows.

Arpheus
Forumer

Post by Arpheus »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:39 am
Dealing with walls on a human level is pretty tricky and thus is something I will need to spend alot of time to get right. I have ideas for how to script it but do not currently have the time to make it. It is on the top of the list when I find the time though
Thanks a lot for taking the time to adress wall handling. I am very much looking forward for this too

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

endereco wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:33 am
Hi!

After updating to version 1.80 (updated today to 1.80a) I have been getting a lot of lag and stuttering until the AI goes to castle age. Some games the military units (archers and knights) keep circling around themselves and bugging around cliffs (as if spamming clicks for each unit).
Is this known?

High fps settings will make the ai spamclick which can look like stuttering but it should not cause lag and non military units should remain unaffected. If you share a rec, I can take a look at the buggy behavior :)

venomus
Forumer

Post by venomus »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:37 am
endereco wrote:
Hi!

Is this known?

High fps settings will make the ai spamclick which can look like stuttering but it should not cause lag and non military units should remain unaffected. If you share a rec, I can take a look at the buggy behavior :)
Woah, so AI works synchronized with frames. Interesting.

endereco
Forumer

Post by endereco »

TheNightPanda wrote:
endereco wrote:
Hi!

Is this known?

I just played a SP game and the lag starts around 7:50, but this time the units didn't circle around endlessly.
Will record future games and post if I see the bug again.

Thank you for taking a look =)

Edit: forgot the attachment.
Attachments
SP Replay v101.102.1156.0 #(66692) @2022.09.13 144229.aoe2record.7z
(854.88 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

endereco wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:13 pm
TheNightPanda wrote:
endereco wrote:
Hi!

Is this known?

I just played a SP game and the lag starts around 7:50, but this time the units didn't circle around endlessly.

Nice game. You managed to keep Reho off gold so it could not make army. What is your 1v1 elo btw? And just to clarify; no lag untill around 7:30 when reho builds its mining camp and no lag after reho hits castle age?

endereco
Forumer

Post by endereco »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:25 pm
endereco wrote:
TheNightPanda wrote:
endereco wrote:
Hi!

Is this known?

Nice game. You managed to keep Reho off gold so it could not make army. What is your 1v1 elo btw? And just to clarify; no lag untill around 7:30 when reho builds its mining camp and no lag after reho hits castle age?
Thanks! About the elo, I have no idea as I haven't played ranked yet. Used to play the conquerors expansion on old aoc zone around 1800 rating at the time.

Just played another game and the lag starts very heavy when Rehoboam is luring the last deer and starting to mine gold. Then the lag stops as I reach feudal age. The lag/stuttering goes on and off until I reach castle age this time.

I typed in game everyime the lag/stuttering starts/stops, maybe it can help.

Also the rehoboam archers/xbows didn't attack my xbows for some reason (does it check if enemy has ballistics?).

Anyway, great AI, really appreciate it =)
Attachments
SP Replay v101.102.1156.0 #(66692) @2022.09.15 135623.aoe2record.7z
(635.88 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

endereco wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:36 am
TheNightPanda wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:25 pm
endereco wrote:
TheNightPanda wrote:
endereco wrote:
Hi!

Is this known?

Thanks! About the elo, I have no idea as I haven't played ranked yet. Used to play the conquerors expansion on old aoc zone around 1800 rating at the time.

Just played another game and the lag starts very heavy when Rehoboam is luring the last deer and starting to mine gold. Then the lag stops as I reach feudal age. The lag/stuttering goes on and off until I reach castle age this time.

I typed in game everyime the lag/stuttering starts/stops, maybe it can help.

Also the rehoboam archers/xbows didn't attack my xbows for some reason (does it check if enemy has ballistics?).

Anyway, great AI, really appreciate it =)
Can you test now using the mod version? :)