Rehoboam

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
TheNightPanda
Swami

Rehoboam

Post by TheNightPanda »

Created by The_Night_Panda - 2020-2022 - Also available on DE as a mod

Strength: Roughly 1200 1v1 DE elo when playing on the optimal settings without exploits. Does not yet support playing against walls or forward buildings. Beats every ai on DE arabia except Immortal which can go either way.
Game versions: DE for full strength. Can play on 70-90% strength on UP. Versions after 1.80c does not support UP.
Settings (standard): Conquest, 200 pop, ressources low, dark age start, any team setup, Speed 2,0 or lower preffered.
Map: Arabia (should do fine on similar unwalled land maps with normal ressource spawns and a starting scout)
Civilisations: 1v1/2v2/pocket in 3v3/4v4 - Franks or persians. (Persians preffered)
Civilasations: Flank in 3v3 or 4v4 - Mayans (Can also play franks or persians for games without fixed position but will be much weaker.)
Difficulty: DE: Extreme. UP: Hard (Use 1.61c for lower difficulties)
Style in 1v1/2v2: Flush into knights.
Style in 3v3/4v4: Flanks go flush into archer-line. Pockets go fc into knights-line.

Future plans include some quality of life features like playing against walls. It is unlikely that I will have time for compatability with more civs and strategies in any near furture. I added a timeline for the past development of this ai as well for those interested.

Feel free to share any thoughts and ideas for this AI :)
Attachments
Rehoboam 1.80f.zip
Various fixes for human interaction
(403 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Rehoboam - old versions.zip
Reuploaded including older versions with fixes
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
The story of Rehoboam.zip
(147.17 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Last edited by TheNightPanda on Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:44 pm, edited 69 times in total.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Update: Rehoboam 1.60

Post by TheNightPanda »

Happy New Year everybody 😊
I’m happy to share my first update for Rehoboam with you!

Changelog from Reboboam 1.51:
-Dark age and feudal age now have 100% DUC controlled economy. Rehoboam now plays fairly similar to how a human might manage its economy in the early game if not harassed. If Rehoboam faces a bug or a situation the DUC eco is not suited for it will go back to the old 1.51 system.
-Castle age and Imperial age has had minor build order adjustments to take advantage of the faster castle age time.
-Major structural changes to the way the code is organized to make editing and future updates easier to script. (No effect on gameplay)
-Now plays on full strength without cheating on both hardest and extreme. Taunt 200 will now turn off new DUC behavior making Rehoboam play like version 1.51. Difficulties below hard will also play without the new DUC behavior. Taunt 201 will turn on ressource cheats. Taunt 202 will turn off ressource cheats. Default is no cheating.
-Win rate vs. Rehoboam 1.51: >95% in both 1v1 and team games.

All comments and advice are welcome. Note that the only focus for this update was early game eco and that other bugs, weaknesses and missing features will be looked at in future updates. The comming update will likely focus on late game eco.

Many thanks to Esty, Marathon, Promiskuitiv, Aleph, Rubberman, Wildbeast, OffTwo and anyone else i might have forgotten for your contenueus guidance and welcoming community.
A special thanks to CheeseOnToast and Leif Ericson. This update would have been impossible without your guys, especially your help with DUC-commands. Also Leif's awesome encyclopedia has been invaluable.
Last edited by TheNightPanda on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolasik43
Forumer

Re: Rehoboam

Post by lolasik43 »

Thank you for AI ;)

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Hi NightPanda! Your ai looks pretty advanced for having started so soon. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it! :D
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Feel free to ask anything you wish to know about. I’m also on the discord forum :)

TheNightPanda
Swami

Updated to 1.60a

Post by TheNightPanda »

Updated to 1.60a.

Various bug fixes. Most notably fixed some bugs introduced with the latest DE patches which made 1.60 stop playing in feudal age by sending all vills to corners. Might still happend on very rare occations.

This is the version that will be used for the DE AI Ladder. I'm hoping to have 1.61 ready within a month or so :)

jdstankosky
Guru

Post by jdstankosky »

I have you playing as 1.60a Mayans on Hardest in a 1v1 vs random AI. I noticed an issue with Deer luring/pushing. Once the deer got close to TC the vills would spam garrison into TC and come out non-stop until deer ran away. They never fired arrows at it.

Same game, after a point in Castle Age, as I write this, you have 3500+ Wood, 6400+ Food, 3200+ Gold, and only 400 Stone... Only 2 stone miners and no mining camps near stone. I wonder if you will eventually build a castle... You don't even have a Stable.

(some time later) You were defeated with no change to your AI's behavior.
Do not try to script a counter for everything. That is reactionary, and always slower than taking the initiative in battle. Decide from the start what you are going to do, and do not waiver from it. Own it.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

jdstankosky wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:51 am
I have you playing as 1.60a Mayans on Hardest in a 1v1 vs random AI. I noticed an issue with Deer luring/pushing. Once the deer got close to TC the vills would spam garrison into TC and come out non-stop until deer ran away. They never fired arrows at it.

Same game, after a point in Castle Age, as I write this, you have 3500+ Wood, 6400+ Food, 3200+ Gold, and only 400 Stone... Only 2 stone miners and no mining camps near stone. I wonder if you will eventually build a castle... You don't even have a Stable.

(some time later) You were defeated with no change to your AI's behavior.
First issue sounds a known bug that mainly happends in MP games due to the vills getting re-garrisoned before having time to fire the arrows. May also happen more on high end pc's with a higher number of passes every second. I'll get around to fixing it eventually, shouldnt be hard.

Second one is because rehoboam cannot yet play mayans in 1v1. If you check the preffered settings you will see that it can only play mayans as flank in 3v3 or 4v4 games :) Rehoboam should tell you at the start of the game if it is not playing on i'ts preffered settings. Maybe I should just make Rehoboam resign if it's being made to play on settings that is likely to lead to major bugs?

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Don't resign. Players hate it. Better just inform.

jdstankosky
Guru

Post by jdstankosky »

i did see that Mayans were a flank position in the code, but i was almost certain it included Mayans, even as it's preference, for 1v1 in the chat. i will double check later. i work too much 😭

also, the high-end PC thing might be true. i have a very powerful computer. if it makes a difference, i was on Casual speed, no speed hack
Do not try to script a counter for everything. That is reactionary, and always slower than taking the initiative in battle. Decide from the start what you are going to do, and do not waiver from it. Own it.