Rehoboam

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Figo3434
Forumer

Re: Rehoboam

Post by Figo3434 »

What difficulty settings did you use for Rehoboam vs. Barbarian? Or is it only my Barbarian version that bugs out on very hard and extreme difficulty? (The only solution I see would be setting difficulty to hard, which would yield an underperforming Rehoboam if I remember correctly).

Arpheus
Forumer

Post by Arpheus »

Its on the last page of the Barbarian AI Topic:
https://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopi ... &start=620

Or otherwise inside the KoA Tournament AI pack
https://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopi ... 6&start=80

You want to play on extreme difficulty for maximum AI strenght

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Figo3434 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:12 am
What difficulty settings did you use for Rehoboam vs. Barbarian? Or is it only my Barbarian version that bugs out on very hard and extreme difficulty? (The only solution I see would be setting difficulty to hard, which would yield an underperforming Rehoboam if I remember correctly).
Extreme does not bug more than hard from my experience. But hard will have handicap on DE. It will bug out with non WK civs though

Figo3434
Forumer

Post by Figo3434 »

The case is this:
On difficulty setting very hard, the official Barbarian AI (as well as unofficial versions 2.18b and 2.18c) starts with negative resources (-250 wood,-250 food...). On difficulty setting hardest, it chats that difficulty was set BELOW hard so it will play weaker. If you set difficulty to hard, it will play at maximum strength, but then you have Rehoboam at a weaker level.

So I was interested in getting to know which settings Filipe used to have them both play at their best.

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Figo3434 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:00 pm
So I was interested in getting to know which settings Filipe used to have them both play at their best.
Hi mate. I tested them on Extreme level. If I'm not mistaking, the guys here have modified Barbarian to play DE in Extreme in DE as it was playing in Hard in Conquerors, therefore there shouldn't be cheats, handicaps or unusual bugs (except for the civs the AIs don't play). I believe they did this for all the AIs playing the King of Arabia tournament hosted by Esty, since it is a DE tournament and the original AI for DE plays in Extreme at is best. Please, guys, correct me if I'm wrong.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Felipe_EL_Guapo wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:14 am
Figo3434 wrote:
Hi mate. I tested them on Extreme level. If I'm not mistaking, the guys here have modified Barbarian to play DE in Extreme in DE as it was playing in Hard in Conquerors, therefore there shouldn't be cheats, handicaps or unusual bugs (except for the civs the AIs don't play). I believe they did this for all the AIs playing the King of Arabia tournament hosted by Esty, since it is a DE tournament and the original AI for DE plays in Extreme at is best. Please, guys, correct me if I'm wrong.
The modifications done are only to prevent crashes. The original 2.18 will chat that it does not play maximum strength on extreme but this only seems to be due to the fact it does not recocnise extreme. It should still play like on har exept it will not have its unit production slowed. Hardest difficulty does bug out but noone uses that for up ai’s on DE anyway.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Figo3434 wrote:
The case is this:
On difficulty setting very hard, the official Barbarian AI (as well as unofficial versions 2.18b and 2.18c) starts with negative resources (-250 wood,-250 food...). On difficulty setting hardest, it chats that difficulty was set BELOW hard so it will play weaker. If you set difficulty to hard, it will play at maximum strength, but then you have Rehoboam at a weaker level.

Hard does not play on maximum strength on DE. On DE ai's will have their buildings work on only 95% speed meaning barbie or any other ai will produce vills and do age-up techs 5% slower which is a big deal. Just use extreme

kunyi
Guru

Post by kunyi »

Well done, Good work Man !
I love your unit micros!
Love to see this AI on all maps later with all civs on all strategys :devil :dance B) in the feature

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

8 - 0 to Barbarian :O What a monster. Congrats mate!!! One of the civs I would really like to see Rebo playing with is Spanish. This is because they are very meta in the castle age with conquistadors, which is an imperial age tier unit. As a human I would love to practice against it. Mongols could be interesting as well.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Reuploaded

Post by TheNightPanda »

Reuploaded removing an anoying debug chat. Surprised noone mentioned this :p