Rehoboam

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
FireBall37
Swami

Re: Rehoboam

Post by FireBall37 »

Hey nice update! It looks really good. I know how hard it is to force the ai to circulate around the enemy's town. I am happy to see this, and looking forward to seeing Shadow play Reho sometime :D
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

Figo3434
Forumer

Post by Figo3434 »

The problem I see with skirmishers is that they don't try to keep minimum rage, meaning with a small pack of microed archers, you can kill them with no own losses. Not sure whether this comes into play when having AI wars though.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Figo3434 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:25 am
The problem I see with skirmishers is that they don't try to keep minimum rage, meaning with a small pack of microed archers, you can kill them with no own losses. Not sure whether this comes into play when having AI wars though.
They actually do try to keep minimal range but are certainly not as smooth as pure archers. I would expect to be able to improve their effectiveness for future updates but alot of factors go into these micro movements so it’s often hard to pinpoint exactly where a problem lies :)

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

FireBall37 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:07 pm
Hey nice update! It looks really good. I know how hard it is to force the ai to circulate around the enemy's town. I am happy to see this, and looking forward to seeing Shadow play Reho sometime :D
Thanks man :) me too

TheNightPanda
Swami

Updated to 1.70a

Post by TheNightPanda »

Updated to 1.70a

At the showcase against TOAO_Philosopher a few weaknesses were exposed which I worried might be abused by other scripts. That is... They wont anymore :devil

-Rehoboam will no longer get his whole eco crippled if scout is killed while luring deer.
-Rehoboam will now try to save his scout when it is under attack
-Rehoboam will now garrison his tc if the enemy walks to close
-Fixed a bug where Rehoboam would not be able to attack enemy units if it had to many enemy units in sight

halcyon88
Swami

Re: Updated to 1.70a

Post by halcyon88 »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:10 pm
At the showcase against TOAO_Philosopher a few weaknesses were exposed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1GqfGUrcIM
Updated to 1.70a

-Rehoboam will no longer get his whole eco crippled if scout is killed while luring deer.
-Rehoboam will now try to save his scout when it is under attack
-Rehoboam will now garrison his tc if the enemy walks to close
-Fixed a bug where Rehoboam would not be able to attack enemy units if it had to many enemy units in sight
Epic.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

Hello, I have tested your AI and it is very good, it passes in 22 minutes with 30 archers to castles, impressive, however when the archers are sent to attack and find villagers or other units, they never attack, they end up losing everything without ever attacking

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

el+noob wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:36 am
Hello, I have tested your AI and it is very good, it passes in 22 minutes with 30 archers to castles, impressive, however when the archers are sent to attack and find villagers or other units, they never attack, they end up losing everything without ever attacking
What is your benchmark score? Rehoboam requires a benchmark score over 1100 for the micro to work as stated in the description. The test needs to be done with the same programs open as while playing and without performance enhancing programs like sensei. Also be sure to use the latest version 1.70a

I’ll update Rehoboam to turn off any fancy micro when the computer is making the game lag and chat to the player how bad the issue is.

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

I have a score of 1191, I do not use any program that improves performance. use the latest version of your AI

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Can you send a video of the behavior? And tell me which other settings are selected.