Legacy AI Pack

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
MrElephant
Swami

Re: Legacy AI Pack

Post by MrElephant »

Hey Everyone,

So- thanks again for all who have taken an interest in this thread.

I wanted to provide proof of where I received the last links- so went searching again.

When I did so, I found there was one additional AI I missed previously. It was stupid of me before, my eyes just glanced over it for some reason :(
There are actually two ais, but the second one is just an immobile units ai- so dont think I can include that one.

Anyways, the link is here https://web.archive.org/web/20030528234 ... ample.html

It is called "mixed rams", and you can find it in the first tournament listing mentioned previously. It won fifth place!

http://web.archive.org/web/200106030907 ... index.html
Attachments
stop.zip
(1.72 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
mix_rams.zip
(10.71 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!

MrElephant
Swami

Re: Legacy AI Pack

Post by MrElephant »

Hello,

This might be the last time I update this thread. However, I have a very important update.

I have been looking for this AI for a very long time. Recently, I got in contact with the creator of WhiteKnight-Jawa.

Jawa has been scripting for 22-23 years at this point. He participated in the first AI AoE2 tournament.

In the previous thread, I posted a link to the first CAT tournament, that occurred before the first AoK Heaven tournament.
It is the first scripting tournament for aoe2 AIs. http://web.archive.org/web/200106030907 ... index.html

The winner of the tournament was Garyu Garyou 1.00. Unfortunately, the AI had been lost when CAT's website went down.

Jawa has been able to provide us that AI, and I am including it attached here.

Garyou (or Garyu)- apparently means "It means that I am an uncle." according to Jawa.
The AI was made by Taiyo Makinomoto around April 2000.

The AI is a tower rusher plus loves to slowly flood the enemy with military. Eventually it will also forward build castles.
Since this is an AoK ai- it only created 50 villagers.

I have seen this AI take games off of the current Gamesgod plus BlackKnight. It's no wonder this AI was champion back in 2000. I have also seen this AI beat Missionary Monk.

According to one Japanese user of the AI back in 2000

"AI ​​tournament report is, frankly, the strongest. Overwhelming strength that won all 11 round-robin battles of 12 types of Aralan type AI ... 125 people in Aralan 1v1, Civilization China (recommended) with difficulty level of normal or difficult, and other AIs If you try to fight it (even if it's early AI) , you'll understand its insane strength. At around 18 minutes, Lord R starts with a completely wasteless evolution and continues to attack without mercy. Moe~ ( Much stronger than straw TAITAI."

The AI prefers Chinese- but can apparently play other civs.

When you add these files to your folder- you will have to change the naming of the files. The files are in Traditional Chinese, so if they are loaded by English DE, they'll just crash your game. Rename the per files to Garyou/Garyu (or Wolong Garyou 1.00/ Uncle Garyou/Garyu). Inside the main per file, just replace the "臥龍_" with whatever your new name is. Then you can proceed with the game.

Huge shoutout to Jawa for the help here, and now we have a very important historical AI that has come back to the community.
Attachments
Garyu.zip
(11.78 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!