Jester (V 2.21) & Forthwind (V 2.1)

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
wattle
Swami

Re: Forthwind.AI (Version 1.2)

Post by wattle »

screamingkoos wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:26 pm
Is this how you quote someone?
yes
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

up-reset-placement cancels the attempt to place a building. I have no idea if it works with walls.

Your AI has some instances of double constants. Second constant overwrites the first one in DE (as CheeseOnToast told me) but in Userpatch I simply get error and I need to fix all instances.
I believe you have good reasons to track these down. Cheese said that DE has the option to create a log with AI errors, so it would be pointless for me to restart again and again in order to give you a list of double constants.

screamingkoos
Forumer

Post by screamingkoos »

marathon wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:36 pm

Your AI has some instances of double constants. Second constant overwrites the first one in DE (as CheeseOnToast told me) but in Userpatch I simply get error and I need to fix all instances.
Hey Marathon,
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I would definitely like to fix this issue on my end so it isn't alot of redoing things on your end. Are there any examples you could share with me so I have a general idea what to look for in fixing the constants.per? I'm really not sure how any AI log works so I'm a bit in the dark about that in particular. If you have any reference sources you could provide I would be very grateful! Again, thanks for letting me know, and I will look into what I can do to make the AI compatible with different game versions!

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

I don't know how AI logging works either. Cheese implied it is a DE feature, and I don't own DE.

Since noone else volunteered, I will try to track down the double constants myself. Perhaps in a few days.

marathon
Waheguru

Re: Forthwind.AI (Version 1.3)

Post by marathon »

In my attempt to help make this AI compatible with UP, I started debugging it.

Constants defined twice:
deer
REACTIVE-GATHERING
I commented out the first instance of both.

I had to load UserPatchConst.per because in Userpatch the constants are not predefined. I see that you have a set of userpatch constants, but only a small sample. scout-mirror was missing. I don't know what else was missing because I then loaded the UP per.

camp_rules.per, on line 715 I removed the disable-self because it gave rule too long error.
Later, around line 780, I split that huge rule.
Following rule (emergency mill) I split it as well.
I also splitted the three rules about mining camps at around line 900 (by now the line count has changed due to my insertions)
Same with the "Nomad No" boar hunting rule a bit below.

gathering.per, first rule, I commented out the chat line because it was one too long.
Line 1195 I split that dark age farm rule.

Now, research.per. The horse-collar rule is just gigantic lol. Your indentations are not good (imo) so I would need to pay more attention in order to split that one.

I stopped at this point. I used the 1.3 version. If you are willing to fix up until this point and then continue, perhaps with the help of someone else, I would use your AI with userpatch.

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

screamingkoos, In case you're not aware, WK has a limit of 16 lines/elements per rule, while DE has a limit of 32.

screamingkoos
Forumer

Post by screamingkoos »

Leif Ericson wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:07 am
screamingkoos, In case you're not aware, WK has a limit of 16 lines/elements per rule, while DE has a limit of 32.
marathon wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:56 pm
In my attempt to help make this AI compatible with UP, I started debugging it.

Constants defined twice:
deer
REACTIVE-GATHERING
I commented out the first instance of both.

I had to load UserPatchConst.per because in Userpatch the constants are not predefined. I see that you have a set of userpatch constants, but only a small sample. scout-mirror was missing. I don't know what else was missing because I then loaded the UP per.

camp_rules.per, on line 715 I removed the disable-self because it gave rule too long error.
Later, around line 780, I split that huge rule.
Following rule (emergency mill) I split it as well.
I also splitted the three rules about mining camps at around line 900 (by now the line count has changed due to my insertions)
Same with the "Nomad No" boar hunting rule a bit below.

gathering.per, first rule, I commented out the chat line because it was one too long.
Line 1195 I split that dark age farm rule.

Now, research.per. The horse-collar rule is just gigantic lol. Your indentations are not good (imo) so I would need to pay more attention in order to split that one.

I stopped at this point. I used the 1.3 version. If you are willing to fix up until this point and then continue, perhaps with the help of someone else, I would use your AI with userpatch.
Thanks guys, I was not aware that this is what was causing issues for WK (as I don't have WK currently). It'll certainly take some work to go through the whole script as I know for sure there are many rules in my ai that exceed 16 lines (as well as a few repeating constants). Thanks for letting me know! as I work through my script I will split the rules up in the hopes that it will be compatible with WK.

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

Mmm, well, in version aoe 1.5RC - not work =) problems in const and too long rules :)
In version DE - not work too :)
After some minor fixes-the AI has started, I estimate the level of complexity of this AI as average :) There are still many things that need to be improved :) Especially trade :)
Developer of GamesGod AI

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

It'll certainly take some work to go through the whole script
I may have gone through half your issues within maybe an hour or less. So it is easy... if you manage to run it on UP1.5 your self.

screamingkoos
Forumer

Post by screamingkoos »

marathon wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:26 pm
It'll certainly take some work to go through the whole script
I may have gone through half your issues within maybe an hour or less. So it is easy... if you manage to run it on UP1.5 your self.
That's because you're a wizard Marathon! ;) haha. I've decided to begin cleaning up the script starting with version 1.5 (as I just released version 1.4). Maybe I could bang it out in a few days once I can sit down and really focus on it. Thank you again for your help and suggestions!
kingdomzz wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:44 am
Mmm, well, in version aoe 1.5RC - not work =) problems in const and too long rules :)
In version DE - not work too :)
After some minor fixes-the AI has started, I estimate the level of complexity of this AI as average :) There are still many things that need to be improved :) Especially trade :)
Hi Kingdomzz!

As indicated in my first post, Forthwind is only tested and compatible with the DE edition. I am slowly working on updating it to be compatible with WK.

Are you having some trouble playing with Forthwind in DE? Everything is working on my end. Try updating to version 1.4. If that doesn't help could you let me know what was causing an issue for you?

Thanks for trying out Forthwind! Is there any other feedback you would like to provide regarding trade (or anything else of that matter)? I'm always open to suggestions :) Thanks again!