Shadow

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
FireBall37
Swami

Re: Shadow 4.11 New Blood

Post by FireBall37 »

Thanks Arpheus for the feedback! I am thankful you are testing and offering ideas for improvement.
Arpheus wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:08 am
  • the first sheep are collected in a way that they are almost on top of each other making it a bit harder for the vills to collect food. Maybe you had a reason to program it that way
  • When the first three sheep are almost eaten it seems one villager goes making the mill and then comes back without collecting berries. Seems like a waste of efficiency so early in the game
  • Both boars/rhinos are brought in a way that one is rotting a lot since both are there at the same time. Also the scout starts to bring in deer too early in my opinion while there are still both boar/rhinos on the TC.
  • Also while boar and deer are partially rotting under the TC I saw the villagers create up to 4 farms which seems excessive wood waste. I can't remember if they used the berries well
Next thing which I would love would be to have it play more civs. I still switch to standard AI most of the time simply since it plays all the Civs which offers great diversity and surprises compared to playing only one civ. I can only imagine it means a lot of work.
I agree that the Dark Age can be improved :lol: These are all good suggestions, stuff to work on in the future.
Actually, just between us Shadow does ok at other knight civs, so you can try if you want ;) I will be looking to expand him soon
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

Arpheus
Forumer

Post by Arpheus »

Thats great to hear that other knight civs work. I never checked but do they research wheelbarrow / hand cart at some time in the game? I think that and blood lines are the most important differences compared to Vikings.

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Current version does not; this is the main reason for its being weaker with other civs :rolleyes:

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Hey guys, update for Shadow coming soon :devil

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

FireBall37 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:53 pm
Hey guys, update for Shadow coming soon :devil
As a german I might say: Ich bin gespannt wie ein Flitzebogen :lol:
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

I'm happy to hear it :lol:

FireBall37
Swami

Re: Shadow 4.12 Beta

Post by FireBall37 »

Only archers to beat skirms?? :o

Here is a new version of Shadow! I've made a lot of changes, but I won't have time to completely finish this up, so here is the beta version, only for DE/1v1 games. I hope you enjoy it--I like watching the new and different style that Shadow goes for now :D Don't expect anything too much, as there are many fixes still needed, but here is a challenge to the skirm meta maybe? :lol:

Biggest changes:
- Created a full archer flush strategy and lots of archer micro
- Many improvements to Shadow's Dark Age
- Improved late game build, cutting out wasteful techs and buildings
- Many bugs fixed
- Also, Shadow can play with any non-meso civs, but Vikings will be his tournament civ for now

gl hf :)

FireBall37
Swami

Re: Shadow 4.12 Beta

Post by FireBall37 »

Cmon guys where are all the updates? We need some new stuff soon :( :unsure:

FireBall37
Swami

Re: Shadow

Post by FireBall37 »

First update to Shadow in quite a while. I have tried many improvements since 4.12 but they ended up getting too complicated, so I've disabled much of the new stuff for now, that will come later.

Changelog:
-Mostly just tweaks to Dark Age efficiency (there are some bugs still)

FireBall37
Swami

Re: Shadow

Post by FireBall37 »

uploaded 4.14, this update features mainly small bugfixes, some army micro improvements, and some eco improvements :)