Naga 0.07

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Re: Naga

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Reuploaded to fix an error that popped up when playing as the Britons, forgot to include an update to the constants file in the upload.

I haven't kept a changelog for Naga but most noticeably I've added new strategy variations for Arena-style maps recently.
There were also some improvements to Naga's Dark Age and many other smaller polish changes. :)

venomus
Forumer

Post by venomus »

Very good AI!!

stardot
Forumer

Post by stardot »

Does it work with AoC UP 1.5?

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

stardot wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:09 am
Does it work with AoC UP 1.5?
No, it uses more than 16 commands per rule
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

clc8901
Forumer

Post by clc8901 »

Naga looks great so far! I was wondering is it not ready for team play yet? I noticed it doesn't produce trade carts in team games.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

clc8901 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:49 am
Naga looks great so far! I was wondering is it not ready for team play yet? I noticed it doesn't produce trade carts in team games.
Thanks for checking it out, that's fixed now. :)

Had to reupload due to a typo. :ph34r:

jadeeye
Forumer

Post by jadeeye »

I think TSA need to be fixed.

For some reason, Naga prefer to attack Castles and Town Centers located deep in the enemy base and ignores the other Castles and Towers located outside which always shoot the armies first.

Naga also does not perform kiting even though ability-to-kite is set to 0 (always does kiting).

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

Promi might be able to say more about the first issue, but the AI engine disables kiting behavior whenever sn-enable-patrol-attack is set to 1 and the units are on their way to the enemy. So, scripters have to make a choice between being able to kite and being able to attack enemy units on the way to their target.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

jadeeye wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:53 am
I think TSA need to be fixed.

For some reason, Naga prefer to attack Castles and Town Centers located deep in the enemy base and ignores the other Castles and Towers located outside which always shoot the armies first.

Naga also does not perform kiting even though ability-to-kite is set to 0 (always does kiting).
Thank you for the feedback jadeeye, I've been noticing this TSA issue recently again as well. I'll look into it. :)
The second issue is as Leif described, I'll experiment around with possible solutions.

Just uploaded version 0.05, it's already a few days old but it resolves various smaller issues. :dance