Panda Tutorial AI

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
halcyon88
Swami

Re: Panda Tutorial AI

Post by halcyon88 »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:34 am
halcyon88 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:31 am
OH LMAO I thought this was the Rehoboam thread bahahahahaha.

Well, yes, hopefully. Haven't tried. Maybe I should try a 2v1 :D

I think Rehoboam's epic micro does stutter a bit sometimes though.
It does though it’s a tricky thing to fix as there can be multiple reasons, the most common being insufficient computer specs for most people which cant be fixed exept turning off the micro. If you find a situation with the newest version that seems to lead to bugs in several games on a pc with a benchmark over 1100 let me know.
My guess is if I 1v1 Rehoboam without any spectators there won't be any stuttering (I get a good benchmark). I did that one time and he wrecked me sooooooo hard 11. Don't remember any stuttering that game.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Looks like PandaTuto will be even stronger after the last patch! :o
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

halcyon88 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:41 pm
TheNightPanda wrote:
halcyon88 wrote:

It does though it’s a tricky thing to fix as there can be multiple reasons, the most common being insufficient computer specs for most people which cant be fixed exept turning off the micro. If you find a situation with the newest version that seems to lead to bugs in several games on a pc with a benchmark over 1100 let me know.
My guess is if I 1v1 Rehoboam without any spectators there won't be any stuttering (I get a good benchmark). I did that one time and he wrecked me sooooooo hard 11. Don't remember any stuttering that game.
Yearh :) it's a pity it wasn't there 2 weeks earlier for the tourney ;)

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:48 pm
halcyon88 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:41 pm
TheNightPanda wrote:
halcyon88 wrote:

Yearh :) it's a pity it wasn't there 2 weeks earlier for the tourney ;)
;)
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

TheNightPanda
Swami

Extra update for DC6

Post by TheNightPanda »

Changelog from KoA2:
-Added UP compatability
-Added ability to play goths. Malians are still stronger overall.

Changelog from initial DC6 version:
-Improved army timings, especially castle age upgrades.
-Added tc avoidance.
-Various minor bug fixes and improvements

Overall the strength on UP is fairly similar to DE, though overall it's probably slightly weaker. The main differences is having to play goths when malians arent available, balance differences (militia-line is stronger on DE) and much worse scouting of the enemy on UP. (Due to the buildin scouting system being much more reliable on DE)

TheNightPanda
Swami

Reuploaded with fix

Post by TheNightPanda »

Reuploaded with a small fix that prevents idle tc if food isnt found early.

TheNightPanda
Swami

SkyPanda

Post by TheNightPanda »

As some of you know I’ve been working on an idea for a community ai called Skynet. I haven’t had time to work on the first draft of Skynet for the last half year, but I thought the coming tournament could be an opportunity to showcase the few features I made half a year ago. So far this only includes scout movements and building placement. While the effect of these modules is pretty small on overall strength, the long term goal of these modules is not only to increase efficiency but also to unlock several other improvements down the road like DUC eco, better base design, playing with walls, laming and more that requires these to work first. More info will come, but the timeframe is uncertain.

So what I’ve done with this ai is to copy paste the current Skynet modules into my Panda Tutorial AI, hence the name Sky Panda. I also made some slight tweaks to the tutorial ai but it’s still the same simple ai with just 1500 lines of code, much less than the added modules. The modules themselves changes nothing in terms of strategy. They just allow for better scouting and building placement. To be clear the goal of the Skynet project is not to work on Panda tutorial ai. This is just meant as a showcase.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Updated for DC7

Post by TheNightPanda »

Both Panda Tutorial ai and Skypanda has recieved some updates:

Skypanda:
Scouting does now support playing 3v3 and 4v4.

Panda Tuturial ai:
(Gains all the improvements of SkyPanda that was not related to the skynet modules. Most notably:)
-Ability to build defensive towers (not as well as Sky Panda)
-Ability to mix in pikemen when enemy is going cavalry.
-Build order changes to improve castle age timing.

Both ais:
Will now properly change target when the target player is dead.

-Note that the new versions do not support UP. I tried to make them compatable but the games kept crashing when I split the rules longer than 16 lines so for now I can't be bothered...