Simple AI, Reactionary, and other AIs I've made

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
MrElephant
Swami

Simple AI, Reactionary, and other AIs I've made

Post by MrElephant »

Hello All,

I love making AIs, but am not the best scripter. However, I am uploading the files I've made for all to enjoy. Will give a brief description below of each in order of best to weakest.

Starting off with Simple. Plays Mayans. I am currently working with this AI for it to perform better. I am quite proud of this AI, and how it is coming along. It is weaker than strongbow, but still plays fairly well. Thanks go out to Esty for assistance on some of the code.

Next we have Reactionary. Prefer to play Byzantines. A couple of you guys may have seen him in the AI videos on Twitch the past month. Note: I am not finished with this AI, but it has taken forever for me to improve him. I have to take a break from this project, as it has shown little improvement in whatever I try. The code is messy- but still performs okay. Is capable of defeating Nightmare (an early AI).

Brandy AI- Plays Magyars. Could probably play others as well, but I found this Civ to be best. A couple of you may have seen her play on the Twitch channel in the growing AIs stream. Its been a work in progress, and started off as an AI builder AI. Yes, anyone could really do this. For those who don't know - you can still make an AI with this tool here https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://w ... aibuilder/ you just have to have the zip file and click the build AI twice. However, Brandy is a much improved AI based originally on this setup. I continue to improve her/the AI slowly. In case you are curious about her name- she is based upon my cat's name, as it seemed like she always wanted to play Age of Empires :)

DeathLobster- an AI I attempted to get on the Arabian cup a couple of months ago. Is fair. Started off with the DeathShrimp code, and worked my up to where he is currently. Likes to play Teutons, and I am pleased with how he performs. He is non userpatch :D , so feel free to use him on the original game! I don't know where he currently falls in strength. He can beat the CD AI of course, but is weaker than a lot of the early AIs. Still, I like this AI.

"New AI"- I haven't named this guy yet. Am currently working on this AI quietly in the background. He might not have a name yet, but is currently shaping up to be alright. Likes to send a massive army against you in imperial. Is currently a work in process, and is nothing too serious. Uses a special builder tool from 2001 I found on a Japanese website that is over 20 years old. I converted the tool to english, and got it to work making this AI! Can play any Civ, but have tested him with Franks.

Linda AI - this is really my newest AI I've worked on with the AOC AI builder. It's not a horrible AI. I wanted an AI that played Indians, and this does a fair job. I'm not going to go into the name of this AI.

Keith AI- Plays Byzantines. An AI I worked together with my father on. Yes- his name is Keith. It is similar to Brandy except it uses a later version of the builder- yes, there are multiple versions on wayback. This AI is based on the newer version of the tool, and have found it to be weaker than the earlier version. I've had to make multiple, multiple, multiple improvements to this AI over the months while trying to keep the foundation of the code the same. Let's just say- it's been rough, and I'm not done with it.

William AI- The first AI I ever made outside of creating an AI with the builder tool. I am proud of this AI for being just that. It plays huns, but don't expect much. It likes to attack in imperial, and mostly just can battle in slow team games. Hopefully it is in pocket, otherwise :(
I consider this AI to be finished. I've wanted to go back and make changes, but have held myself back- as I want to see how far I've come over the years.

I hope you all enjoy these as much as myself, and if you ever need an extra AI- you can choose one of these guys!

-MrElephant
Attachments
AI Package.zip
(88.59 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!

GamesGod
Swami

Re: Simple AI, Reactionary, and other AIs I've made

Post by GamesGod »

Funny) but I'm interested in the answer to a simple question - why do we need different AI if they only play on maps without water? And only by 1-2 civilization and only under certain conditions)) it is extremely boring to play against such AI, because there is no variety and it is not difficult to defeat such AI... It is enough to put a map of a rivers or an islands and that's it... You can easily win...))
Developer of GamesGod AI

KimberlyAzula
Forumer

Post by KimberlyAzula »

kingdomzz wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:54 am
Funny) but I'm interested in the answer to a simple question - why do we need different AI if they only play on maps without water? And only by 1-2 civilization and only under certain conditions)) it is extremely boring to play against such AI, because there is no variety and it is not difficult to defeat such AI... It is enough to put a map of a rivers or an islands and that's it... You can easily win...))
An AI doesn't have to be strong. You can make an ai just for fun and to try different things. An ai doesn't have to play lots of maps either. Just enjoy the variety every single ai adds.
I actually prefer AIs that aren't try hards.
There is no denying The Morrígan's prophecies!

MrElephant
Swami

Post by MrElephant »

Hello Kingdomzz,

Thank you for responding. However, I don't know if this is the proper topic for your discussion. I will respond to your inquiry though.

Why people script is different for each individual. Personally, I do it for the love of this community, game, and self betterment of my programming ability. The latter of which has not come easy, but have enjoyed it nonetheless. I have enjoyed the discussions I've had with individuals around this community -people such as Leif, Esty, Rubberman, and others. Their help to get me where I am in programming these AIs has been fundamental. I thank each and every one of them for the help they have provided. They each accepted me into this community with open arms, and I appreciate them for that. Other communities are not that way, and I have moved on from being part of those groups even though I loved those games. That is sad.

My goal is to continue growing as an ai programmer for Age of Empires 1 and 2. I will continue trying my best, but this thread is my current contribution and what I give back. :)

@kimerlyAzula- I hope you like the AIs, and get to use them in some way.

-MrElephant
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

Ahhh, I see... =) Well, then good luck to you in programming =)
Developer of GamesGod AI

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

I like AIs that show a personality in their gameplay and playstyle. A lot of these AIs do. Which is the primary reason I like them :D
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Thx MrElephant for this upload ! :dance
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance