[DONE] Greatest AI Mod Ever Made - Black Power, Black Leaders, African Queens, Prince of Cities, DBZ (V 10.0)

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: [UPDATED] Greatest Age of Empire AI Mods Ever - Black Power Mod is Back [8.5][WIP]!!!!

Post by Leif Ericson »

Some AI scripters have made separate cheating and tournament versions of their AIs in the past, so that would be a possible solution.

djmas314
Forumer

Re: [DONE] Greatest AI Mod Ever Made - Black Power, Black Leaders, African Queens, Prince of Cities, DBZ (V 10.0)

Post by djmas314 »

Leif,

Just closed out this mod. Will work on publishing to the official mod listing. Then will take a look at seeing if can make an AI using some of the elements from all of these to make one that is good to compete in tourneys. Although many of these work with no cheats. They are not built for no cheats in mind. So I feel I can do better lol. Let me know what you think.

halcyon88
Swami

Re: [DONE] Greatest AI Mod Ever Made - Black Power, Black Leaders, African Queens, Prince of Cities, DBZ (V 10.0)

Post by halcyon88 »

I DLed this pack and dropped them all in my AI folder. Only to discover that this AI cheats hard. And I do not like cheating AIs. Now it's gonna be a bit awkward to one by one remove them all. I feel like AIs that cheat should have a big disclaimer in capslock and bold at the top of their OP. If it cheats then it seems like rather strange to proclaim it as the greatest AI mod. Just my 2 pence.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

demoix

Post by demoix »

I 100% agree with halcyon88, all cheating AIs needs to have additional tagging in the forum to alert everyone that a particular AI is cheating. It completely ruins fun and enjoyment, I believe a lot of people do not like cheating AIs.

Now about AI, I tried several of them (the ones that claimed with no cheats) and I found one common problem - they don't care about food production in the late game. They rather send 100 villagers to cut trees and gives only a few villagers to farms.

Another issue is that they don't prioritise resources within their territory and instead of cutting the trees nearby or within the territory, they send 50 villagers to the centre of the map just to cut trees. Therefore they all die by enemy warriors...

However, I would like to test other AIs, there is a way to manually remove starting 1000 resource bonus?

EDIT: I also tested those that "not cheating when Cheats are not allowed" but they still cheat and gets ridiculous amounts of resources. Castles are all over the map even if the stone on the map is limited. Greatest AI mod in cheating ever made. However, all of those AIs logic is just a joke, they go to gather resources to the enemy base all over the map instead of in their own base. As result, all villagers are dying.
Last edited by demoix on Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrElephant
Swami

Post by MrElephant »

Hello Demoix,

I highly suggest checking out some of the AIs who are included in the Davis Cup 6 tournament. If you are trying to check out some of the best AIs, this may be for you.

You can find the package from Esty in this thread. Note- this is a Userpatch tournament.

https://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopi ... 0&start=20
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!

demoix

Post by demoix »

MrElephant, thanks for bringing the pack to me. I presume all these AIs not cheating on the hardest difficulty because of the tournament right? Also, as you mentioned UserPatch, does that mean all these AIs are not compatible with the DE version?

MrElephant
Swami

Post by MrElephant »

Hey demoix,

These ais were made for UP, but they should still be able to play on DE. Just make sure to select a civ they can play. Also, feel free to join the discord channel here. Here you can ask whatever questions you have regarding ais in UP/DE. You can also see if anyone is planning a competition, and other news regarding changes to the engine or whatever else may be coming up.

https://discord.gg/vk6cwEJX
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!