Immortal v0.10c

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
jicam96670
Forumer

Re: Immortal v0.10b

Post by jicam96670 »

I know this is outside of the AI use case, but im running your AI through the campaign(using the load custom scenario) and the AI is very confused and runs back and forth left to right and many other strange behaviour, Any chance you'd guess to what could be causing issues so that i might be able to work them out?

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

jicam96670 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:02 am
I know this is outside of the AI use case, but im running your AI through the campaign(using the load custom scenario) and the AI is very confused and runs back and forth left to right and many other strange behaviour, Any chance you'd guess to what could be causing issues so that i might be able to work them out?
I would assume if its a B&D scenario Immortal might work, if the AI has to do special objectives or command special units, I would imagine it not to work. Also it says supported Settings are "Starting age: Dark or Imp with High res", so that might not be the case in several scenarios and I'm not sure how Immortal does handle that.
If you mean by working out issues to adapt Immortal that is probably decently close to impossible, if you look into the code.
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

jicam96670
Forumer

Post by jicam96670 »

wattle wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:35 am
jicam96670 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:02 am
I would assume if its a B&D scenario Immortal might work, if the AI has to do special objectives or command special units, I would imagine it not to work. Also it says supported Settings are "Starting age: Dark or Imp with High res", so that might not be the case in several scenarios and I'm not sure how Immortal does handle that.
If you mean by working out issues to adapt Immortal that is probably decently close to impossible, if you look into the code.

Ofc Immortal can't complete specific objectives, but many of them can be ignored as long as you defeat the enemy. It can use special units like hero units, but also have problems with others mostly that it will not attack enemies and just that on hold. but it will move them around(sort of).
Even on campaign maps that you either start with no base but villegers like nomad, or at castle/Imperial Age it strugglers. Biggest problem is Immortal becomes very indecisive, for example which enemy to attack, wont try to defend its base, it won't activily try to defeat enemies, and it takes running the game at x5 speed and waiting very long until eventually it has destroyed enough enemy economy and buildings. Immortal is almost hard focued on reaching the left and right edges of the map and will ignore anything in its way. Enemy walls also confised immortal and it will try to attack the tower behind walls with melee units and die.

But i guess for an AI to work with campaign maps it would have to be tailored made for that purpose from the ground up.

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

I would agree that Immortal can take long to push the enemy decisively and runs its army around the map. At least that has been an issue in the past.
On the other hand it did very well in the recently played free for all tourney games by Leif. Went for the strongest opponents and crippled them without getting stuck for too long, which is an issue for many AIs.
Also its still limited regarding attacking walls iirc.
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Post by TheMaximalBeing »

Updated to version 0.10c. Changelog to come soon

FireBall37
Swami

Re: Immortal v0.10c

Post by FireBall37 »

One tenth of the way to version one :P :dance
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

FireBall37 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:25 am
One tenth of the way to version one :P :dance
Actually 100% of the way :P Just read it as 0. '10'
Last edited by TheMaximalBeing on Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Just reuploaded with a couple of minor bug fixes

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

CHANGELOG Version 0.10c
  • emergency siege/monks when required
  • mangonels will automatically be repaired
  • mangonel micro has been updated (based on previous bbc/treb micro)
  • mangonel micro now considers ally units
  • monks more likely to retreat when low faith and can garrison TCs
  • re-wrote market logic; should build market sooner when under attack
  • will attempt to reboom behind ally when base is destroyed
  • default strategies are more diverse; FC_UU and FF_SCOUT_CASTLE more popular
  • will delete castle foundations before they are destroyed
  • vills retreat in a more intelligent direction
  • vills no longer fight under towers in most circumstances
  • caravan researched sooner
  • will scout corners for trade market placement
  • can train mercenary kipchaks
  • fixed DE idle villager bug