Immortal v0.10c

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Re: Immortal v0.9c

Post by Aynshtaynn »

TheMaximalBeing wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:14 pm
I'm not too sure about this. From my testing scouts are quite awful against archers. Maybe it can abuse older AIs with no micro, but against properly micro'ed archers this would be suicide. The scout micro definitely needs more work, but attacking archers is not the right approach (unless already at a large advantage).
Yes, scouts are normally are bad against archers, even knights may have problems against Immortal's superior micro when there are enough units. The problem here is Immortal will focus solely on villagers while raiding, and will ignore the unit attacking the archers until there are no villagers close by.
TheMaximalBeing wrote:
What you are seeing initially is the well optimized BOs (which were taken from https://buildorderguide.com/) to create the initial army. After this Immortal places multiple TCs and has no resources left for military production. To maintain pressure I would need to change the BO to account for extra TCs or stay on 1 TC for longer.
Yeah, no, the build orders are great, actually it's the best I've seen, as it's executed so perfectly to an annoying degree (which is a good thing). It would be great if Immortal decided to add siege earlier instead of moving on to another enemy to keep up the pressure while doing things you mentioned here.
Law 15: Completely destroy your enemy.
TheMaximalBeing wrote:
I never got around to adding this. I don't think it is a big deal as relics only have a small trickle of gold. Only in 1v1 late game is it a problem, but we don't get there often.
Sure, it's rare that the game gets that late, but still it's annoying to lose to relic timer when the game's going great. Also you'll eventually have to add it for DE because Lithuanian civ bonus is a thing :lol:
TheMaximalBeing wrote:
Victory settings have no impact and are not mentioned in the AI at all. Are you sure you tested it properly?
It must be a rare bug, I can't reproduce it anymore. In my experience flank Immortal would go fast feudal in Arena when the Victory settings were set Conquest. I'll update if I'm able to reproduce it again.
TheMaximalBeing wrote:
Should stop doing this once it gets loom - which should happen in castle age.
I'm not the most knowledgeable person about the build orders, but mathematically speaking, shouldn't it stop in feudal, because loom itself is 1 villager production long, even though Immortal gets loom in castle age? I feel like getting to castle age 25 seconds earlier is bigger advantage than one more villager, unlike in dark age into feudal.
But missing (disable_self) in line 65040 is still a problem because Immortal will spam chat to self, unless it's necessary for reasons I don't know (because I'm not a good enough scripter just yet :lol: ).
TheMaximalBeing wrote:
Yeah I have ignored it for now. Hopefully doesn't happen too often.
[/list]
Yeah... About that. It unfortunately does happen in almost every game. If possible luring wolves into enemy should be a thing though, it's funny to watch the enemy losing their villagers to wolves because of Immortal's actions.

spadetwo
Forumer

Post by spadetwo »

According to my testing, there are some issues:
1.In single player mode and select immortal as player 1, on the way to laming a boar, the sound effect is abused.
2.Immortal seems not wiling to update military techs instead of spamming units against rehoboam playing Franks, that's pretty weird.
3.When pushing deers successfully, I think farming during dark age is not such important.

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

spadetwo wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:40 pm
1.In single player mode and select immortal as player 1, on the way to laming a boar, the sound effect is abused.
What do you mean, in what way is the sound effect abused?
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

wattle wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:03 pm
spadetwo wrote:
It sounds like it may be sending a taunt to its own player number.

spadetwo
Forumer

Post by spadetwo »

Promiskuitiv wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:23 am
wattle wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:03 pm
spadetwo wrote:
It sounds like it may be sending a taunt to its own player number.
exactly, thanks.
The taunt is: activate scouting for boar steal.
Last edited by spadetwo on Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolasik43
Forumer

Post by lolasik43 »

Will there be an update for AoE 2 DE?

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Post by TheMaximalBeing »

UPDATE

Fixed some major bugs and added support for the new Indian civs.

Active DE bugs
  • Sometimes villagers won’t attack lured boar under TC
  • Boar stealer sometimes wont retreat from boar and just keeps attacking
  • Eco balancing very delayed or not working sometimes
  • FF_SKIRM BO has very imbalanced ECO
  • FC_UU BO sometimes refuses to make castle
  • Occasionally unit training completely stops in imperial age
  • TC villager ungarrison not working properly (I’ve added some hacks to get them to eventually ungarrison).
  • Crash on arena (it is cause by the DE divide operator not working correctly). I’ve added a hack to prevent the crash. But the code still doesn’t work.
  • Various small bugs caused by the list of DE bugs here: https://github.com/eleclib/DE-BugList
Fixed DE bugs
  • Military grouping extremely delayed
  • Many DUC bugs cause by change in ram base unit
Some problems due to differences between games
  • Fails to place second lumber camp – caused by smaller forests on DE Arabia
  • Boar stealer gets stuck on forest – caused by smaller forests on DE Arabia
  • Infantry (especially militia-line) much stronger thus making knights a poor counter
Attachments
DE_VERSION Immortal v0.9c (alpha).zip
(386.48 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

clc8901
Forumer

Post by clc8901 »

There is an issue with Immortal not training units in Castle Age as well. Watched a game where it just built emergency castles and didn't train any units besides vills, and trade carts. It seems to happen randomly no matter the civ.

lolasik43
Forumer

Post by lolasik43 »

Thanks for the new version of DE ! :dance

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

TheMaximalBeing wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:31 pm
UPDATE

Fixed some major bugs and added support for the new Indian civs.
Dang, you had me excited for a moment there, when will the WK update be? :lol:

I managed to replicate FF build order on Arena, but I still don't get what triggers it. Immortal even said he was going FC, then proceeded going drush fast feudal. I'll send replay file whenever I can.
I also understood why does Immortal keep firing mangonel shots after enemy units die. The reason is there is no command for him to stop. Immortal would coincidentally stop firing because there usually is a movement command, but when there isn't, mangonel will just keep firing until next command.
Mangonel management will be great after Immortal learns about their shots and that they are not archers, and avoid even the friendly shots. Currently though, Immortal has 0% win rate against Celts (played by Barbarian) on Arena with anything except Chinese, and for some reason Britons and Vikings, which can go either way. This is a serious issue, because Immortal usually wins when he's against her, both in team games and 1v1s.