Immortal v0.10c

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
gmiwol
Forumer

Re: Immortal v0.10c

Post by gmiwol »

Sometimes there are problems in hunting deer. The villagers stop their actions when they are about to shoot, and then they keep circulating for many times before shooting the arrow.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Re: Immortal v0.9g

Post by TheMaximalBeing »

Getting back to all the replies that I missed
gmiwol wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:06 pm
Dear author ni-hao, I found some problems in WK version
1.Trade vehicles heading for hostile markets were killed in large numbers
2.Sometimes it is late to study the speed of trade vehicles
3.Can the extremely difficult starting resources be reduced
I am aware of 1 but never got around to dealing with it, although I don't think it happens often anyway. 2 should be fixed now. I don't understand what you want for 3. Do you mean less than the standard resources?

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

gmiwol wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:55 pm
If I use walls, it doesn't know how to attack me. I have videos but I don't know how to upload them
Yeah it's difficult for AIs to deal with walls properly. It will be a while before I get around to this.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

gmiwol wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:04 pm
It is very agile, and when the army approaches the villagers, it immediately runs. This is both an advantage and a weakness. I use a small team to patrol its home, which seriously affects its economy
Indeed, this is something I might consider improving for the next version.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

gmiwol wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:17 am
It is not good at clearing long-range siege tools during battles between both armies. During battles with it, my catapult can survive for a long time. When clearing hostile siege tools in multi-directional battles, it often stops and thinks about supporting other areas, resulting in more building damage. Attacking its home from behind the siege weapon can survive for a long time
Right now there is no special priority for siege weapons (with a couple of exceptions) and no avoidance for mangonels.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

MightyRecon wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:30 pm
After months of testing, countless hours trying every compatible format and civ I'm confident enough to say that Immortal is by far the strongest AI I have come across in terms of AI vs AI and AI vs Human strength.

It's far from perfect and can have lots of improvements to make it even better which is the most satisfying thing about it. I believe what you have made with Immortal sets a new standard and the headroom you have left for improvements in the midst of being so strong is genuinely impressive.

I really hope you continue to work on this AI it burns brighter than the rest, and I can't wait to see how it plays once or if you add compatibility to the rest of the expansion civilizations.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Arpheus wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:33 am
Here are some thoughts on how to improve the Immortal AI even more - most of them are for lategame:

Keep some army near trebs when attacking a castle. It often sends 1-3 trebs attacking a castle but the other units are out of place - especially when it doesn't do a major push.
That makes it easier than it should be to snipe the trebs with some cav or even infantry. Often 1-2 cav or infantry are enough.
Getting rid of castles is a top priority when attacking and having those pushes be more effective would make it a lot stronger.

From the 6 castles I built in the last game I lost only 2 because of that. Often I just had a few melee units in or near the castles to defend them against siege rams/trebs and some hand cannoneers inside the castle to improve its damage and that was most of the time enough to defend the castles except when it did those huge attack waves. Then you need to bring it all to defend and it does those attacks rather well.

If it added 1-2 more trebs even in those huge attack waves it would be very hard to keep the castles up since you'd have to fight their army near the castle and the way to the trebs would be full of enemy units making it really hard to reach them and repairing a castle when 4-5 trebs attack is near impossible - but 2-3 trebs give you time to defend the push.

Having at least some halbs in front of the trebs when it does those small attacks would be a great solution.

Also while the archer micro is god tier having some halbs close to them to make it hard for hussars/paladins to attack them would make the archer play even stronger. I think just a few halbs would be enough.

Another thing is my monks were often surviving even when they were close to a fight and so they could heal up the units and convert some of the enemies. It seems once you engage units that try to snipe the monks they will leave the monks alive as if they were not a high priority. And I think the ranged units also didn't move closer to snipe the monks.

I am not sure if that can easily be changed without also making it abusable by blocking a way and having immortals units not attacking and trying to get to the monks.
Just felt that with some other AIs my monks had a far harder time to survive.

The one thing that would make me lose many more games against Immortal would be breaking walls. If it broke into the Eco by breaking a wall at 1-2 places with rams/trebs/bbc or if you want to cause nightmares with some petards and then flood the base that would be incredible.
The AI would be playing even more like players do.

If you want to implement some of those changes it could become really hard to deal with it once it gets into the late game so I wouldn't add those to the easier difficulties.
Especially if it learns to break walls for eco flooding with AI level of micro and awareness it will be really rough to stop it. Also the 4-5 treb castle pushes will be rough to stop.
Immortal's control groups don't coordinate at all. That is why you are seeing treb groups isolated from the rest. Something that I will fix eventually. :D

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Re: Immortal v0.10b

jicam96670 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:02 am
I know this is outside of the AI use case, but im running your AI through the campaign(using the load custom scenario) and the AI is very confused and runs back and forth left to right and many other strange behaviour, Any chance you'd guess to what could be causing issues so that i might be able to work them out?
Not sure without seeing the campaign. But I'm guessing it could be some pathing related issue. Immortal only works on open land maps without walls.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

gmiwol wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:17 pm
Its troops are sometimes attracted by fishing boats to patrol around the dock without attacking. Although they will leave at a later stage, it still affects its ability to interfere and attack.
I have never once tested Immortal on a water map so I don't expect it to behave properly. For now the focus is on land maps.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

jadeeye wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:34 pm
There are some issues about Immortal. My match setup is 2v2v2v2, Post-Imperial Age on DE.

- Sometimes, AI's troop don't attack enemies and just move around. I have seen group of Halberdiers stand still while surrounded by group of Knights. They sometimes ignore Unpacked Trebuchets are attacking their Castle.

- AI attack Castle and Tower not really well. Some civs didn't train Trebuchets or Rams to destroy Castle. Their Trebuchets sometimes don't focus on Castle/Tower and shoot opposite's armies instead. No guard for Trebuchets and Rams while moving.

- AI wasted their units for no reason. For example, AI just suicide a group of Monks and Sieges to opposite's armies.

Sorry for my bad English.
1. I'm not sure what happened without seeing it. Regarding the treb issue - right now Immortal will not attack lone trebs as it needs to meet the minimum number of enemies. This will likely be fixed in the next version.

2. If the enemy has a castle then I think they should always train trebs. Are you sure there were none at all? Regarding the trebs attacking regular units -- yes it is a problem that will likely be fixed in the next version.

3. Did those monks have any faith left? Were you using an older version or the most recent one? I think the behaviour should be slightly better on the most recent version (but not perfect).