Immortal v0.10c

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Immortal v0.10c

Post by TheMaximalBeing »

Update: Human players on the Definitive Edition should use the included Immortal_hideStrat AI, otherwise they are considered cheaters. If you want to play 1v2 please use the Medium (4 player) map.

Update: the last two expansions are not supported yet. That means no Romans, Armenians or Georgians (for ALL players).

Note: Immortal is adapted for DE balance but still plays best on UserPatch due to several DE bugs that the devs have ignored.

How does Immortal differ from other AIs?
  • Human-like army control: All military is controlled as groups. Where to move, when to attack, and how to attack are all determined by an algorithm that I wrote. Each group knows whether to retreat or attack based on their surroundings. This approach completely eliminates the build-in army control that other AIs use. Because of this, a lot of suicidal/stupid AI behaviour is prevented.
  • Very solid defence: Immortal will retreat villagers, repair buildings, and build towers/castles. It prevents villagers from going to dangerous locations and will rebuild camps when required. All buildings are placed in optimal + safe locations using my own algorithm.
  • A diverse range of strategies: Flanks can go for combinations of militia, maa, scouts, skirms and archers. Pockets can go scouts, knights, archers, eagles or UUs. All strategies are well optimized. I don’t know what the strongest strategy is, nor what the strongest civ is. The late-game army composition is unique to each civ and will be adapted to counter the enemy's civ & army composition.
  • Intelligent villager control: The built-in villager control has also been replaced and hence a lot of stupid behaviour is prevented. For example, you wont see villagers walking half the map just because the dropsite over there is slightly closer to its resource.

Recommended Civs
  • Flank/1v1: franks, japanese, vietnamese, teutons, goths
  • Pocket: spanish, khmer, bohemians, lithuanians, teutons, franks

Supported Games
  • Definitive Edition or
  • CD version with UserPatch 1.5 + Wololo Kingdoms (recommended) or
  • CD version with UserPatch 1.5 (and optionally, The Forgotten Empires)
  • N.B. HD Edition and Community Patch 1.6+ are not supported.

Supported Settings
  • Game type: Random Map
  • Map: Open land maps or Land Nomad
  • Civilization: All Civs except those from the latest two expansions
  • Resources: Standard
  • Starting age: Dark or Imp with High res
  • Population cap: 200+
  • Speed: 1.5 - 2.0 (don't use speedhack)

DE version 0.10c:
DE_VERSION Immortal v0.10c.rar
(635.39 KiB) Downloaded 991 times
Copy extracted files to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\resources\_common\ai

WK version 0.10c (Not compatible with DE):
WK_VERSION Immortal v0.10c.zip
(414.88 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Copy extracted files to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Games\WololoKingdoms\Script.Ai

AOC version 0.9c (Not compatible with WK or DE):
AOC_VERSION Immortal v0.9c (beta).rar
(299.75 KiB) Downloaded 667 times
Copy extracted files to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\AI
Last edited by TheMaximalBeing on Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:02 am, edited 95 times in total.

DrinkMix
Forumer

Re: Immortal

Post by DrinkMix »

Very nice! Can't wait to see the first official release of Immortal! I imagine it will sweep the competition and to see it perform in Davis Cup VI as well as the DE tournament that MrElephant and halycon are hosting!

- Electricity
Author of too many scripts...
Legacy AIs -> https://github.com/eleclib/arch
Current AI/s -> viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4259
Miscellaneous -> https://github.com/eleclib

- Electricity
- Thaldren

MrElephant
Swami

Post by MrElephant »

Hey TheMaximalBeing! -its awesome to see there is a thread about your AI. I am very interested in this project and Immortal's potential.
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

How many strategies??? :o This is great @TheMax (imalBeing)
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Super exciting! Looking forward to it. :dance

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Released v0.8f (beta) for WK

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Nice! Second DL :)
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

Awesome to have your AI. Very much appreciated :rolleyes:
From the games I watched I would say one thing that got esp. my attention is the resilience when it gets raided.
Esp. me with my bad multitasking I need to constantly look for its new backup camps, can't count on the AI letting stupidly slaughter their vills :lol:
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

DrinkMix
Forumer

Post by DrinkMix »

Civilization: All except those from the latest two expansions (Burgundians, Bohemians, Poles, Sicilians). Also, cannot have any enemies pick these.
Uh oh... that might be a problem if I end up going vs Immortal in that DE tournament, does that mean I get a free win?
Author of too many scripts...
Legacy AIs -> https://github.com/eleclib/arch
Current AI/s -> viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4259
Miscellaneous -> https://github.com/eleclib

- Electricity
- Thaldren

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Uh oh... that might be a problem if I end up going vs Immortal in that DE tournament, does that mean I get a free win?
I guess so.. Until I add the new civs