DE AI Thread

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
offwo
Guru

DE AI Thread

Post by offwo »

I have now taken over work on the DE AI from Promi since July 2021 and the AI has now diverged significantly from Promi 2.11. Given this, I thought it would be useful to have a separate thread to post more detailed changelogs and collect feedback/bug reports.

Name: DE AI (Promi)
Version: DE only (UP/WK compatibility has been broken for now)
Settings: Any
Population: Any
Map: Any excluding Forest Nothing (play on migration-style maps is supported but significantly weaker)
those hackers are just idiots, i spit on them :lol: - Mabuse

offwo
Guru

Re: DE AI Thread

Post by offwo »

Update 58259:
  • Fixed an issue where the hard DE AI would resign too early when playing Treaty mode.
  • DE AI now builds a dock and trains fishing ships in lakes on the Kawasan and Four Lakes random maps.
  • DE AI now has a chance to go for an elephant boom as pocket with civilizations that have access to elephants instead of the conventional knight strategy.
  • DE AI now occasionally executes slingshot strategies.
  • DE AI now rebuilds somewhat more reliably.
  • DE AI places fewer markets further apart after onager cutting to prevent overcrowding.
  • "105" now makes the conditions for resigning less strict (but still requires you to obtain an overwhelming advantage).
Last edited by offwo on Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
those hackers are just idiots, i spit on them :lol: - Mabuse

kunyi
Guru

Post by kunyi »

:dance

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Thanks Offwo! Looking forward to seeing the DE AI progress further! :dance
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

Great, I will definitely test my AI against your AI, I hope you will be able to make it even stronger :)
Developer of GamesGod AI

kunyi
Guru

Post by kunyi »

Amazon Tunnel, lumber camp bugs, like in every games, i tested treaty-time x , 2v6 extreme, one or two, sometimes 3 extreme AI got lumber camp bug, and stay in feudal age, lumber distance more far than before its like 30+ titles
https://ibb.co/zmdZWRX
e.: trade bug. https://ibb.co/ch4Lx5x

hyupuunos
Forumer

Post by hyupuunos »

thank you
Why can't I see the download link?
Is it my problem?

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

hyupuunos wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 5:49 pm
thank you
Why can't I see the download link?
Is it my problem?
Because you have it already downloaded, if you play DE.
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

Arpheus
Forumer

Post by Arpheus »

There is a new big weakness of the DE Extreme AI with the PuP Changes - might have been there for a while already since I didn't play for a few months. I also didn't play with the newest PuP Patch from 1-2 days ago so not sure if you fixed it in the meantime.

The weakness has to do with the house walls combined with the horrible pathing in PuP where units don't or at least only slowly find a way through gates if they are far away. Units tend to try the direct way into a wall instead of from the begining calculating the correct way around walls and stuff.

The AI built an U shape base and all its units were trapped inside that U built of Houses/buildings. It didn't add any gates in that housewall so tons of units tried to get out but were stuck behind the house wall while I could have in theory destroyed them with siege from behind the building Wall.

I think to fix this it should make gates after all 6 or so buildings so that it has a way to move out its army otherwise it is a very easy game if they don't come for you but are stuck in their base.

The second huge thing that makes the AI really easy to beat is that it just lets all its units run into castle and tower fire. That means if you build a castle it's almost a sure game win if you don't totally mess up.
Some of the other AI's have fixed these problems and it would be great if the DE AI, which I still prefer to play against since it plays all civs, would not make this huge mistake.
Since I also play teutons often with Crenellations tech I'm not sure if this might also be one reason why they judge the distance to the castle wrong but when Crossbows/Arbs try to destroy a castle with arrows it's a sad thing to watch.

Moving around the castle or simply not engaging it at all until they have at least 4 rams in Castle age or even better some trebs and/or siege rams would be great.
I remember a time where I think the DE AI did an incredible job to destroy castles. It would in huge waves attack a castle. When doing so it would make a push into castle range with units to push back enemies trying to destroy the trebs which would decimate the castles. Without Bombard Cannons it was not too easy to defend from such attacks.
I am not sure if it still uses this tactics nowadays but the trapped units from now (problem mentioned above) makes this tactics far weaker.

Btw: is this the correct place to post DE AI stuff or rather on the official DE forums in "Report Bugs" Section?

stardot
Forumer

Post by stardot »

Can you make it WK, AOE II v1.5 compatible?