SpoOky's Cheating AI (Balance)

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
SpoOkyMagician
Forumer

SpoOky's Cheating AI (Balance)

Post by SpoOkyMagician »

BSCAIDE.zip
(42.47 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
This is an update (work in progress.) of my AI from HD to DE. It's mostly done. The only major thing I really want to do is finish up the unit counter training but, it's a pain to do. (I did do all units for the barracks, archery range, and stable. I got the dock, siege workshop, and castle to finish... I am not looking forward to it though...) Anyway, let's get into the details...

I have been working on this AI file for... awhile now. (I don't even remember when I started on it. I was working on it in HD for sure. Although, I may have been working on it even before that... The .ai file says... 2009 so yeah... 13 years ago... Damn... Time flies...) Anyway, the original concept for the AI was to just built a DM style AI with infinite resources. (I than separated them into specific AI files for different styles. However, 'Balance' was the default.) I got tired of managing all the separate files so, I dropped them and stuck with the main one. The general idea for the AI was pretty simple. Give it infinite resources so, I don't have to bother with the economy. (I suck at economy management...) I just wanted a straight forward AI with as much pure logic as I could get and see how it would work. (Mainly for watching fighting itself. I love watching AI vs AI.) It turned out pretty good. (Not perfect but, eh...)

Since then, I have got feedback here and there. The main one being difficulties. I never intended the AI to be played below hardest/extreme. Although, I gave it a try and gave it a small difficulty change. (It's not perfect but, it still functions generally speaking.)

Once DE came out, I yet again tried to update it again. (This is the current state of the AI. It's a mess, I know...) I got tired of some of the issues at the time with missing ID's and such so, I manually went though and added all tech/units/unit lines for the game. I also added more goal related things. (Also yes, I did the goals that way on purpose. I don't like the naming system believe it or not.) I have been testing it on/off but, I am slowly losing interest in editing this AI. I still enjoy watching it play itself though.

Anyway, feel free to use it if you want. It's pretty basic so, feel free to learn from it or borrow code.

MrElephant
Swami

Re: SpoOky's Cheating AI (Balance)

Post by MrElephant »

Hey Spooky, glad to see you are still around. I've seen this ai previously, but did not download it because of the cheating aspect. You have a cool username/ai name, so want to check it out. I'm going to download it now. I may have to remove the cheats though haha.
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!

SpoOkyMagician
Forumer

Re: SpoOky's Cheating AI (Balance)

Post by SpoOkyMagician »

Well, good luck with that... Since it was designed for cheating /infinite resources in mind, the economy stuff is bare minimal. (Mainly the strategic numbers for economy and building economy buildings. That's about it.) Although, with some modification, I'm sure it could be done. Although, most likely, there are many other AI's that can/will do it better. (Which is why I didn't bother.)