MangudAI-all-in

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
wattle
Swami

Re: MangudAI-all-in

Post by wattle »

Main difference in version 0.3c should be improved target choice for the mangudai-micro.
It should prioritize trebs>close spears>mangonels>scorpions>monk>close vills>any military>any eco unit>wolfs
Also should add more castle-builders, if enemy units are in town.
(Tried to add an emergency siege-workshop in case of a trush, but that has many mistakes and therefore does not work.)

v0.3c is not UP compatible atm, some rules need to be split I think.
Last edited by wattle on Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

Tiny update to the PoA 0.3c version, almost not worth it, but I guess better use this for DC7 for now. (no UP-compatibility sadly still)
It should force the castle-builders to work, even if they get attacked.
Should stop making vills at some point if under pressure, to save for castle-age-up.
Attachments
MangudAI-all-in_0.3d.zip
(46.79 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Last edited by wattle on Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

New Update in preparation for the next Davis Cup VII matches.

DC means teamgames and even though MangudAI was in my mind a singleplayer AI, like I have always been a singleplayer, I like the idea to let it join their other fellows into teamgame battle. At least its great, if it could become of some use in teamgames.
I was a bit surprised that it didn't pitiful go down in its first games, while having no dedicated target player rules.
I'm therefore very grateful to Bandit, who shared his targetplayer script, I probably wouldn't be able to do anything comparable.
Certainly its better to not copy-paste and come up with own approaches. MangudAI can not live up to such high standards and is happy to forward any praise (but take potential blame :lol: )

At the moment it is set to simply have each player target one opponent, since I think the all-in play is better advised if it won't let enemy pockets boom. If one dies it should move on. It tends to take rather long to kill an opponent and surely would be better advised to move on earlier - maybe one day.

It misses still trade. Not sure when that comes, almost certainly won't be very sophisticated, but might at least be conceivable to be added while DC7 is still going. Ideally it won't need trade and its not intended for massive unit spam, else the 50 vill limit wouldn't make sense anyway. Sometimes games can however drag out and when both sides run a bit out of steam imo it can than make a difference if it doesn't only rely on selling resources.
We will see, there is so much room for improvement on many ends and time is scarce.

One other imo notable adjustment is, that it should retreat the mangudais if they face fast melee units, mainly knights, when it has too low numbers.

Also should no longer care about towers. Could end up painful, but on the other hand the tower-retreat can hurt it also miserably, potentially even limit its mobility significant/entirely.
Attachments
MangudAI-all-in_0.4.zip
(47.64 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

New Update - version 0.4a - for the next Davis Cup VII matches :dance

After many troubling hours I think MangudAI works mostly okish from what I can tell.
Even though it could use some more testing, I'll be so bold and claim it is ready for its next DC7 matches,
so @malatesta and @mrelephant would be great if you use this.

- It has now my own target-player code, with much needed basic understanding and some ideas from Bandit :slight_smile:
- should move on to next enemy if current one is almost dead (is limited working though I think)
- I think the Mangudais running to the corner should now be fixed and
- while scratching my head about Fireballs rangedMicro script, trying to understand it (which he was very willing to help me :slight_smile: ) I run into an idea to make the Mangudais defend its base in case of more than 4 enemies in town. Not sure if the number is ideal, but I hope for the best.
- should prioritize ballistics :partying_face:
- should prioritize ram defense against towers (which I had tried to implement earlier but I think wasn't able to)
- should attack enemy rams with vills near TC and castle (limited due to vills not jumping out of TC/castle for that)
- should tribute its res to any-ally if getting defeated
- flanks should scout its flanks instead of the opposite site

Thanks Leif for answering many questions.
Last edited by wattle on Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

Aaand another small fix/update - version 0.4b

- hopefully now fixes all running to corner 0 bugs (position-target returned -1 when enemy not scouted, position-enemy works well)
- some other small improvements to setting the target-center for the ranged-micro circling
Attachments
MangudAI-all-in_0.4b.zip
(56.37 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

Update 0.4c for DC7 Final Stage Round 1 (DE only)
- Should retreat from Castles
   Ideally the retreat now circles around the scary object, instead of moving back and forth countless times.
   However, sometimes it may still not overcome bigger obstacles and like some forests
   When behind enemy lines and gets pressured, will run through enemy town [bad]
- Builds houses more to the back, to leave space for the front castle
- Builds a tower under pressure, however likely at the gold-mc :(
- Should sell/buy to afford a castle (might do so in some instances when not ideal)
- Should update immediately when an enemy TC or castle goes down, to no longer be scared of that area
- No longer gradually increase town-size for attack, instead just set town-size to 255

- Mostly for my own play together with one MangudAI ally, I added some taunts to help it set up its base to my liking. (I haven't tested with more than 1 MangudAI)
Taunt this number and flare a location. MangudAI will try to build the corresponding building at that spot, when it can or the scripted build allowes it.
If you taunt a different building before it has started building, it will reset your previous request and attempt the new one!
If you taunt while one or more flares are displayed, it will immediately trigger at the location of the last flare.
Palisade-walling will not work if there are already two or more flares displayed
  146 - Build a lumber-camp at the flared location (when ready).
  147 - Build a gold-mining-camp at the flared location (when ready).
  148 - Build a stone-mining-camp at the flared location (when ready).
  149 - Build a mill at the flared location (when ready).
  150 - Build a house at the flared location.
  151 - Build a blacksmith at the flared location.
    52 - Build a market at the flared location. (same taunt-nr as for DE AI)
    54 - Build a wall between the two flared locations. (same taunt-nr as for DE AI)
  155 - Build a tower at the flared location.
    69 - Delete the building at the flared location. (same taunt-nr as for DE AI)
Attachments
MangudAI-all-in_0.4c.zip
(60.61 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

Update 0.5 for Leif's FFA tournament (DE only)
- limited DUC Mill and MC placement
- DUC tower on stone with a few protecting palisades next to it, if feudal-rushed (might not always work)
- fix should no longer sell food for castle while not up to castle

It could likely use more testing, so I hope for the best.
The DUC building code can surely be expanded and hopefully will.
Defending against a feudal rush is still a clear weakness, but I like the latest development.
Thanks to Arandi, who helped me think through the palisade-placement and more.
Attachments
MangudAI-all-in_0.5.zip
(65.5 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

Tiny update and version for entrance to the AI Ladder (DE only)
- delays farms till feudal on Yucatan
- should hunt boars as long as it does see any in reach

Very limited testing.
I liked to have MangudAI join the Yucatan Ladder, but actually never got to scripting shortly after version 0.5 upload. I did some tiny tweaks, but forgot about them. I checked a little bit and decided to at least add the two changes and give it a go.
Unfortunately the Mangudais get easily stuck in the dense forest and by the stretched rivers, but it is what it is. May it be not all to unlucky with that.
Attachments
MangudAI-all-in_0.5a.zip
(66 KiB) Downloaded 74 times