Bright Spark

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
wattle
Swami

Re: Bright Spark

Post by wattle »

Sounds really great. Thanks for the interesting change-log. And good luck with the next DC7 matches.
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

New version (39) for the next stage of Davis Cup 7.

This update is another chunky one with a lot of improvements - I will write up the full change log after I've had some sleep :D

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

Changes included in latest update:

- Boar laming now uses *actual* precise distances so should be far more consistent
- Deer pushing now uses *actual* precise distances so should come in much quicker (thanks Rorrik and Fireball!)
- When forward tower is partially built and Bright Spark has a military lead, it will wall that tower.
- When forward donjon is partially built and Bright Spark has a military lead, it will wall that donjon but leave the 2 tiles towards the back (front being towards the enemy) so that produced units can join the fray or meet any villager/soldier foolish enough to try and take the donjon down.
- Changed to manually allocated builders for towers, donjons and walls so forward villager builders should be capped at 4.
- Initial military buildings are now built towards the back of the TC (should be near first lumber camp) this reduces walking distance significantly and keeps villagers closer to TC and each other in case of drush.
- Bright Spark now knows how much food it has amongst stockpiled resources and what is held by current villagers - it uses this to know exactly when to force drop food to age up to feudal.
- Bright Spark force drops from hunting resources in feudal to reduce delay in initial troops.
- Bright Spark now produces militia when clicked up to feudal and spearmen while waiting for chosen buildings to be made - this results in an attack happening sooner and can often counter a scout rush (Bright Spark's current feudal age weakness).
- Adjusted scouting parameters so more likely to find starting sheep.
- Bright Spark now uses an object ID loop so it can see boars that can be seen by the player on the map, but is on the edge of for of war.
- Improved non combat TC avoidance so starting scout should go around the enemy base and not through it when called back home
- Improved enemy location estimation so should be much more likely to spot enemies when starting scout has died, this is really useful vs Huns and when a pocket rusher is looking for another pocket
- Fixed a number of instances where the scout just stops at the home base
- Fixed a number of instances where the scout just stops in the enemy base... I don't think I have all of them
- Scout enters enemy base sooner to look for boar and weak vils
- Pocket rushers now target by finding third closest enemy rather than comparing with allies. This means when a flank changes target to the pocket due to crippling the enemy flank, the allied pocket stays attacking the pocket as well rather than changing to the flank to avoid matching the ally's target.
- Adjusted food drop amount for Italians
- Town size growth is limited so defence code does not jump in when Bright Spark is winning (which can cancel assault like in the 4v4 vs Demon)
- Farms are halted for market placement when saving for castle, results in a slightly faster click up to castle as gold is usually in excess.
- Defensive villagers now attack enemy builders when they're close.
- Added custom taunts for Immortal and Phyrexx UP (sorry DE, I don't have time for that many names :D )

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

I did a bad job of the last update juggling too many things at once. Version 39b is a re-release of version 39 as this is what version 39 should have been. A bug fix around deer pushing has brought Bright Spark back to the fast feudal and quick first attack on flank that users will be used to, this also has a big impact on pockets improving castle-age times and providing more food for slingers to send.

Have also added Armenians and Georgians. I'm just using standard mule cart behaviour for now but it works pretty well :)

Edited Persians and other civs to reflect balance changes introduced in the latest patch.

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

Added minor fix to Bright Spark so it plays on the latest patch. Also added Devotion tech.

Some big life changes happening at once meant I've not updated Bright Spark in a while. For anyone who wants to see Bright Spark develop then fear not - I'm back to working on it again and have been focussed on some updates over the last month - watch this space!

venomus
Forumer

Post by venomus »

Lets try.

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

venomus wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:43 pm
Lets try.
Wow that was quick! Hopefully it works okay first time for you!

Bright Spark 40 is in the works but there's a lot of changes to juggle. Hoping to make significant progress over the next couple of weeks as I have some time off :)