AoK / AoC AI Scripting Editor

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

Here you go then KK :D
Attachments
AoK_AI_Scripting_Editor.zip
(6.5 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Stephen Hawking held a party for time travelers.
He sent the invitation out the day after. Nobody attended.

Ah coffee. The sweet balm by which we shall accomplish today's tasks. ~ Holly Black

Berrys66
Waheguru

Post by Berrys66 »

If, like me you are a die-hard Unix fan and love "vi" then you might be interested in the vim syntax file I've been working on for AoC. If anybody is interested then let me know and I'll upload it.
"Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise." - Bertrand Russell

"There is no obvious limit to human gullibility" - Richard Dawkins

Vader
Waheguru

Post by Vader »

i am linux-fan :P , but as long as i can't test my AI under linux an editor for ai-scripting under linux doesn't help me that much :).
"Is it what the teacher teaches or what the student learns?"

Berrys66
Waheguru

Post by Berrys66 »

Vim also works on just about everything, including Windows and Mac ...

http://www.vim.org/download.php
"Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise." - Bertrand Russell

VNS_Caesar
Guru

Post by VNS_Caesar »

What is the advance of TextPad when compare with AI edit?
To be or not to be, it's up to you!!!

Ballbarian
Swami

Post by Ballbarian »

lol Berry,
Great minds think alike. I've had a SWGB/AOK Vim hack/editor that I made some time ago that I've been using. Just was waiting to release it when I did my next ai release. I will upload what I have if there is interest. I'm sure it's not perfect, and it's current state was initially just set up for my own preferences... :P :D
Author of Ballbarian_SW (AI scripts for SWGB)
and the CPSB Guide for SWGB ai scripting.

Berrys66
Waheguru

Post by Berrys66 »

VNS_Caesar @ Jul 30 2005, 05:53 AM wrote: What is the advance of TextPad when compare with AI edit?
AI Edit has a nasty bug in it that can cause spurious errors at load time. Also, AI Edit doesn't have support for the conquerors expansion, so it doesn't recognise any of the techs, civs and unit introduced at that time.

Berrys66
Waheguru

Post by Berrys66 »

Ballbarian @ Jul 30 2005, 06:33 AM wrote: lol Berry,
Great minds think alike. I've had a SWGB/AOK Vim hack/editor that I made some time ago that I've been using. Just was waiting to release it when I did my next ai release. I will upload what I have if there is interest. I'm sure it's not perfect, and it's current state was initially just set up for my own preferences... :P :D
Please do :) It saves me from having to finish mine ;) :D

VNS_Caesar
Guru

Post by VNS_Caesar »

AI Edit has a nasty bug in it that can cause spurious errors at load time. Also, AI Edit doesn't have support for the conquerors expansion, so it doesn't recognise any of the techs, civs and unit introduced at that time

Can you make it clear, Berry? I often use AI Edit and as I see it works well. It has the command database that can help the new ones to understand and look up when need. The interface is also good. Anyway, when often a file, it takes a long time (especially the file > 200K)
To be or not to be, it's up to you!!!

Berrys66
Waheguru

Post by Berrys66 »

It can drop a trailing linefeed character if the linefeed falls exactly on a block boundary (I think it uses 512-byte blocks when reading/writing data to disk). The result is that you will get a parse error at load time. The error quite often occurs much later in the script than the line with the missing linefeed.