Vetrix AI

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Re: Vetrix AI

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Nice to see you updating it again, the new Vetrix was then used in a human vs AI game yesterday: http://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic ... 620#p63617 . :)

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

Updates:

1. I'm pretty sure I added Alevo's farm calculator tip before the hdd failure happened, so I added it once again. I'm getting better resource handling because of this. Thanks Alevo!

2. I also added marathon's gatherer calculator used by MEW before to my preferences. Vetrix did pretty well before especially after I found a way to combine the farm calculator and gatherer calculator in my own way. I just forgot how to do it again after a long inactivity :lol: :lol: :lol:

The gatherer calculator will be obsolete though, until I learn more. Vetrix didn't seem to follow my preferences after some tests, especially during midgame to lategame even when I already placed timers, so helps or tips can provide me some insight.

3. More of resource control antics :head I tried to improve Vetrix with this. Now it seems doing well for now.

5. For rush attacks, I changed from a secondary TSA to attack-now + groups. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't. Not sure why, but it really doesn't matter since whenever it works or not, Vetrix seems to make things in its favor somehow, but I would still need help in making these changes. Should I change it back to the secondary TSA? The probem I had with it is that it doesn't let Vetrix's units retreat even when there's an off-trigger for it and a retreat code.

By the way, thank you for testing my AI guys. I've seen the record containing Vetrix's output vs offwo's team. Thank you! I'm pretty sure it's gonna do well only if I work harder. I'll be glad to know if my AI produces more output now. :D

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Hello Kingszone,
I like to test my own AI with yours as opponent :) it makes sometimes epic games...
Lemme try your last update :rolleyes:
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

Sure! I really appreciate it! As long as Vetrix makes battles good against most AI, win or lose, I'm delighted enough. I am also looking forward to playing with you and the others vs our own AIs for fun and to test them, of course! :dance

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

Minor updates regarding researches and economy and fixes for a few funny errors. Is it worth it if the AI tries to boom right off the bat once it gets a good military superiority? I've seen Barbarian do that on one of the tests as pocket Franks, so I tried that idea as well. Now I'm trying new ideas to work on cooperative plays, better feudal fights, castle-to-imperial times and better gatherer distributions. Most AIs I saw during my tests try their best to go Imperial before the 0:40:xx mark. So far Vetrix barely makes to imperial before that mark but it puts up a fight a bit better now, except feudal ages. Hopefully Vetrix gives better outputs now! :D

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Thanks for the update :)

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

New update mainly made for more stability of Vetrix which includes resource gathering, transition upon superior military, and added DUC to the attack rules. Hopefully I can combine all of them in a good way. (TSA, timer-based-attack-now, DUC attack)

Current problems:

1. Nowadays Vetrix can't build a feudal military building right upon transitiong to the next age. This often forces the AI into building defensive towers since it can't start pumping an army. This also hampers Vetrix to get a better time to fast castle, though it can sometimes FC tolerably fast enough.

2. Yet again, lumber/mining camps all over the place even if it tries to increase its camp-max-distance whenever a income source is depleted until it reaches one.
Last edited by KiiNgZoNe on Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

ah nice ! i test it right now and give u a feedback.
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Just tested it :

4v4 vetrix vs tribal
Your flancs were chinese+franc and your pockets were mayan+vicking.

both games are a same game i restarted after the first game ended

GAME 1

I was on the point of view of your chinese flank. Unfortunately it didn't find his sheep early and lost time in getting the first 50 food. anyway ! Your 2 flanks went for one archery range which made ur army inferior in number than my flanks. So, vetrix made defensive towers on lc and then on mining camp to prevent an attack. it stayed defensive while your pocket vicking rushed , sending kts. It did well, killing archers and villagers.

My tribal pockets went both on a BOOM, so they didn't help my flanks. It might have been a rude 4v2 on my flanks but :

Minute 25 : One of my flanks suffered 1v2 (vicking+chinese) but didn't die. Other side was a 1v1 because your mayan pocket, i think, failed in his strategy ; it reached castle minute 19 and made eagles in 2 barracks. The time your eagles went on my archers, i was already castle and your eagles were clearly outnumbered ; it wasn't effective :( . After having lost his eagles, It boomed slowly and was the lowest score minute 25.
When my boomers went imperial minute 30, your mayan couldn't resist. The game last 90 minutes and it never reached imperial.
That side was lost. The other side (frank+vicking) was stronger : i liked the way your flank made 2 castles forward, early in castle age which protected his economy. Your vicking pocket did the job and helped a lot his flank. But it was 2v4.

I had the feeling Vetrix dont make lumber-camps regularly enough.. They made almost 2 or 3 LC in the whole game. Maybe i'm wrong and watch badly ?

GAME 2
Same map, i just restarted the game.
This time ur chinese flank found his sheeps faster. Early game was almost the same ; your flanks went for a defensive towers boom. Chinese went castle before my flank and had the usefull (this time) support of the mayan eagles. was 2v1 both sides and when my boomers came for the fight, my 2 flanks were suffering both :P
I wanna put the recorded game because is was a really great and funny game to watch, very intense.
What i can say : I think you really need to fix your imperial lumber-camp issue. Your AI is always in need of wood.But youo gold collected by the trade is impressive. Maybe ur chinese could mass light cavalry to support ur chukunu and raid !

The funny part of the late game was the fact none of us make our ais going forward buildings lol.
Attachments
vetrix vs tribal gg.rar
(3.73 MiB) Downloaded 346 times

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

Thanks for the games, estyty!

Here were my realizations regarding the recording vs Tribal_Warriors:

Indeed there was a problem regarding the lumber camp which I never noticed inside the script, but I do see Vetrix's late games where the lumberjacks either travel far or become idle. Thanks for pointing this out! I'll deal with the mining camps next. :head

The current problem of putting a feudal military building is a pain. I'll need to reconstruct my dark age gatherers for this matter. So far the defensive towers helped Vetrix a bit, but because of the severely inferior military, it's susceptible to being overrun in a very early time by a 2v1, or even a pocket player alone whose plan is to go for a full krush. :(

Player-wise:
Never did I expect that Chinese Vetrix going full bananas back there. The immediate click of elite-uu reseach is a first. Its score skyrocketed as high as Mrs. Miggins' happiness or pms moments ( :lol: ) but it completely forgot to create sufficient siege until late game because of the constant pumping of chu-ko-nus. I guess I'll have to work on that while keeping the "power" I just witnessed intact :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Viking Vetrix was a bit disappointing but it eventually outshone the other Vetrix AIs to my surprise. That switch to knights-arbalests did quite a high risk, but somehow it pulled off. I guess what it needs is more siege as well, particulary scorpions (being Viking civ and all). I'll see what I can do about this; what Vetrix did (and would usually do eventually) is definitely a dangerous move.

I don't know what went to that Mayan Vetrix. That player was for me the funniest in that whole game, but it surprised me due to the fact that it tried to 2v1 both of the pockets to try helping the Chinese Vetrix out to gain military superiority. I admit, my player-targeting rule is a bit dodgy, but it does help in many situations, so I'm not really gonna change it until I get a far better rule and better attacking methods.

The Frankish Vetrix, as flank, died miserably as I expected ( :lol: ), especially since, what I said, the Viking Vetrix was a bit disappointing early game, but managing to push back the orange Tribal Warrior at least got my hopes of improving high enough. I don't really expect much from it anyway, since the best units the Franks can truly provide are Paladins and "French cannon", which can only be attained if it can survive long enough all the way to its Imperial Age peak.
Perhaps we can play later on, especially with you, estyty, testing both our AIs. Thanks for those feedbacks! I really needed them a lot.