Yggdrasil The TRUSHER and SLINGER AI

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Esty
Waheguru

Re: Yggdrasil The TRUSHER and SLINGER AI (compatible WK)

Post by Esty »

I have tested a bunch of 3v3s in DE and didnt encounter ur issue with the sling. It worked OK my side.

Beside this, Yggdrasil performs badly in DE, many rules being delayed for weird reasons : its especially visible with building rules, the pocket being slung has 400+ wood when he eventually builds his stable, making him reach castle in 18++ minutes instead of 16. So crap. Its something i did notice with my other AIs and had to modify the order of my rules and jump some others to fix it.

A lake of building is easy to see. I can imagine the many other important rules not being read lol... I bet ur issue with the slung player slinging the slingers is prolly another of the consequences.

Too many things are broken in DE ! I got no more motivation to try adapting my AIs there :head
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

"Too many things are broken in DE ! I got no more motivation to try adapting my AIs there"
Ohh, bad news to hear mate. I miss playing with the cool AIs you and the others have submitted, but coming back to conquerors after playing DE seems like playing an atari game. I think DE is the future of age. Have you tried reporting the scripting bugs in the forums? The good thing is that developers are very keen to fix the issues atm, although they have a big backlog.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

I report the problems to Promiskuitiv and cheeseontoast. Let's see if the next versions of DE are gonna work better.
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Ahh cool. Let's hope so

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Version 1.1 uploaded ;)

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

small update fixing issues in WK/DE : " heavy-eagle-warrior " was not used when requiered to count the eagle-warrior-line. ri-elite-eagle-warrior couldn't be researched ! same issue with pharaon, odette and tribal...

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

mini Update !

Fixed issues with ri-tracking on DE which isn't a research available anymore.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Updated with minor improvements !

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

updated !

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

May I ask what the updates are?

I like Yggdrasil a lot because it's unique. There is no AI that does any sling strategy besides Yggdrasil (Barbie doesn't count because she only slings human player). But it struggles a lot doing so and end up asking more resources than it gave away, negating any advantage of the strategy in the long run.
Also Yggdrasil usually forgets to build mining camps or lumber camps when it mines outside the base closer to the enemy, and won't rebuild them if it does build and they get destroyed, therefore end up going through whole map carrying resources.

Also also, I don't think I have a good game knowledge but I have an idea. Wouldn't it be better and more efficient if Yggdrasil tried to go into Castle age earlier if it feels secure (walled map or pocket if slinging stranger?), and build one or two more TCs to produce villagers faster while also getting Castle age upgrades?