Woody Woodpecker | The AI 25% BF - 25% FN - 25% Arena - 25% FORTRESS

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
captainante
Forumer

Re: Woody Woodpecker | The AI 50% Forest Nothing 50% BF

Post by captainante »

Thanks! This is great, and it seems to function and play in a team game; it's especially good in Feudal to early Imperial Age just because it's harder for a human to micromanage tree cutting.

I'm running a game and everything is going smoothly. (I actually really enjoy watching the AI play forest nothing; it's surprisingly relaxing for me.) I think debug-chat is okay once in a while; however, in Imperial age (but before trading is possible), it seems to repeatedly spam "an ally has a market". It doesn't seem to affect its performance in terms of the other things it's doing, but it is spamming it a lot. Looking at the code, it seems it's only intended to be triggered once or occasionally, not repeatedly -- I'm not sure why the condition "(not (up-point-contains ally-market-point-x c: market))" is repeatedly satisfied after it already set the ally-market-point-x on an allied market.

See screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/QrDiwQH.png

After the path is cleared, it takes a while but most of the AIs eventually figure out that they can train trade carts. However, it's slow because it will only start trade if the specific player indicated by "this-any-ally" (from "(players-building-type-count any-ally market > 0)") is reachable; otherwise it will wait until a path is cleared to that specific player, even if other allies can be reachable. I don't know if there's a way to have it cycle through all the allies. I suspect the "any-ally" search always just returns the same ally if all 3 allies have markets.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

I just fixed those issues with this new upload. Thx a lot for the feedback, Ante.
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

captainante
Forumer

Post by captainante »

This is amazing. I'm very impressed.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Woody WoodPecker updated :

- Fixed a bug with walling stuff on BF map (the bug appeared only on DE)
- Added supplies for FN / BF
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Esty
Waheguru

Re: Woody Woodpecker | The AI 25% BF - 25% FN - 25% Arena - 25% FORTRESS

Post by Esty »

Woody Woodpecker just learnt how to play Arena and Fortress !
It plays smarter in imperial, as long as the map is full of delicious wood :)

halcyon88
Swami

Re: Woody Woodpecker | The AI 25% BF - 25% FN - 25% Arena - 25% FORTRESS

Post by halcyon88 »

Esty wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:53 am
Woody Woodpecker just learnt how to play Arena and Fortress !
It plays smarter in imperial, as long as the map is full of delicious wood :)
As per my request, of course. Thank you for the belated BDay prezzie :heart:
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).