Barbarian v2.18

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by Leif Ericson »

halcyon88 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:19 pm
Wait, only has that error sometimes for me, though. No idea what triggers it.
I took a quick look. Barbarian seems to define and set dm-cavalry-threat-likelihood differently for each civ, and Barbarian only defines and sets it for non-DE civs because it hasn't been updated since WololoKingdoms. So, I bet you'll only get this error with DE civs.

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Leif Ericson wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:23 pm
halcyon88 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:19 pm
Wait, only has that error sometimes for me, though. No idea what triggers it.
I took a quick look. Barbarian seems to define and set dm-cavalry-threat-likelihood differently for each civ, and Barbarian only defines and sets it for non-DE civs because it hasn't been updated since WololoKingdoms. So, I bet you'll only get this error with DE civs.
I hope you are right.

If so, I gave them the wrong civ by accident anyway :)
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Esty wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:09 pm
It's a shame... I was looking for adding barbarian 2.18 to the DE tournament... I'll make few tests as soon as i'm back from holidays.
In my own testing Barbarian is still stronger than the official DE AI and Tribal and Pharron are a close third place. Tribal can still beat any AI on a 1v1 Arabia with its crazy skirm flush, though. Maiar is also pretty decent at a skirm flush. Pharron is very strong as a pocket.

Barbarian still king, lol.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Barbie will stay king in 1v1 DE untill other ais get better DUC micro, but i expect it to change wtin a year or two if themax doesnt update it ;)

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:42 am
Barbie will stay king in 1v1 DE untill other ais get better DUC micro, but i expect it to change wtin a year or two if themax doesnt update it ;)
If Max ever officially updates Barbie for DE I will be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy.

Not just the micro, though. The macro, too, is still #1, IMO.

lolasik43
Forumer

Post by lolasik43 »

I really want the Barbarian AI to be updated to the latest version of Age of Empire DE :unsure:
I would be very happy. :rolleyes:

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Me too.

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Barbarian does—sometimes—seem to behave strangely with Burmese in DE. Making skirms and building stables but not making anything out of the stables ... I thought that that bug only happened in team games but unfortunately not :( (although may be worse in team games).

May be cool to have a fix for his Burmese civ soon. If only for KoA2's sake if he rolls it again in later rounds, etc.

Not noticed problems with any other civ.

Sure Burmese behaves fine for him outside DE.

truthfulcake
Forumer

Post by truthfulcake »

I've stopped the AI from crashing in the attached version. But that's literally the only change- I've not adjusted any behaviour for the new DE civs (that's beyond my current knowledge). You can just play against the AI without it crashing.

It seems like there's a few people contributing to the AI, is there a github repo?
Attachments
Barbarian_2.18c.zip
(485.6 KiB) Downloaded 601 times

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

I think it was just to prevent the crashing.
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets