new AI is coming... GamesGod AI

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
TheNightPanda
Swami

Re: new AI is coming... GamesGod

Post by TheNightPanda »

kingdomzz wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:14 pm
I don't know, it's difficult to determine, but it seems to me that he also sees exactly what units the enemy has, and therefore adds counter - units to his army... Well, for example, he makes archers archers archers... And then I noticed that the enemy also has archers, then he sees archers in the enemy and adds skirmishers or knights to his main army, which was originally only made up of archers... Although I don't know, maybe it's just a coincidence... Well, I mean the barbarian ai...
Well if it scouts enemy archers it can add counter units just like a human would

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

A mix of archers and skirms is also, like, the default Barbarian strat for most civs on Arabia.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:54 pm
kingdomzz wrote:
I don't know, it's difficult to determine, but it seems to me that he also sees exactly what units the enemy has, and therefore adds counter - units to his army... Well, for example, he makes archers archers archers... And then I noticed that the enemy also has archers, then he sees archers in the enemy and adds skirmishers or knights to his main army, which was originally only made up of archers... Although I don't know, maybe it's just a coincidence... Well, I mean the barbarian ai...
Well if it scouts enemy archers it can add counter units just like a human would
Yes, but only he does not scout units) and sees them through the fog of war)
Developer of GamesGod AI

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

halcyon88 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:30 pm
A mix of archers and skirms is also, like, the default Barbarian strat for most civs on Arabia.
Yep)
Developer of GamesGod AI

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

kingdomzz wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:41 pm
TheNightPanda wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:54 pm
kingdomzz wrote:
Yes, but only he does not scout units) and sees them through the fog of war)
I think that it has been explained that Barbarian doesn't do this and instead only knows the military count (and also not the type of units)?
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

Correct, just the military count and civilian count. However, I bet Barbarian sets sn-coop-share-information to 1, and it sounds like this is what kingdomzz was experiencing. Setting this to 1 allows AIs to share the numbers of other players' units and buildings that they have explored with their allied AI players and vice versa. Basically all AIs use this setting, and it isn't considered cheating, because that AI player could always just chat the number of units and buildings they explored with their ally. However, if neither Barbarian nor its allies have explored the enemy, then Barbarian won't know anything about the enemy's army composition. And sn-coop-share-information doesn't share the location of these units and buildings as far as I'm aware.
Last edited by Leif Ericson on Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

I think that he looks through the fog of war all =) and the count of units and the type of units =) There is no need to check it yet, and I'm too lazy to do it )))
Developer of GamesGod AI

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

I can double check here pretty quick.

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

Leif Ericson wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:54 am
Correct, just the military count and civilian count. However, I bet Barbarian sets sn-coop-share-information to 1. Setting this to 1 allows AIs to share the numbers of other players' units and buildings that they have explored with their allied AI players and vice versa. Basically all AIs use this setting, and it isn't considered cheating, because that AI player could always just chat the number of units and buildings they explored with their ally. However, if neither Barbarian nor its allies have explored the enemy, then Barbarian won't know anything about the enemy's army composition. And sn-coop-share-information doesn't share the location of these units and buildings as far as I'm aware.
All AI except mine have sn-cp-share-information = 1, regardless of cartography research. This is not fair, because as soon as 1 of the allies saw the enemy's building / units, the rest can already start producing counter-units based on this data. A person does not always communicate with his ally at all=) moreover, if a person studies cartography, and he does this in 99% of cases, communication with an ally ceases to be a necessity and it is enough just to follow the mini-map to understand what is happening with an ally =) Do you agree that most human players study cartography ? =) at the same time, they spend resources on this research. This also affects the speed of development and the game as a whole =)

My ai, for example, due to the fact that the barbarian has sn-coop-share-information = 1 and if the barbarian scouts the enemy, he immediately starts making counter-units and when my ai and the barbarian attack together, they always win =) But mine is just honest and studies cartography.
Developer of GamesGod AI

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

Leif Ericson wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:54 am
And sn-coop-share-information doesn't share the location of these units and buildings as far as I'm aware.
If sn-coop-share-information = 1 - share all :(
And by the way, unfortunately, in any case, the AI always sees the same thing as the human player, regardless of whether cartography has been studied or not. Therefore, if a human player saw, for example, a lot of archers at the enemy and my ai took aim at the same enemy, then my ai starts making counter-units and will attack with another army, even if my ai did not explore cartography =(
I don't know about other players, but I think it's unfair =) otherwise, why is there cartography in the game at all? :D if you can supposedly always communicate with an ally))))
Developer of GamesGod AI