The General and The Sergeant 1.2n

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: The General 1.1

Post by Leif Ericson »

New update! I decided to roll back several of the changes in the last few updates that weren't working and focus on optimizing just a few civs and strats to make sure the core parts of the AI are solid. This version should be much more focused and efficient.

The AI now only plays properly with Aztecs and Magyars, and these are the civs I plan to use in the DE tournament, at least for now. The xbow rush and booming strats are disabled. Other civs and strats will be added back in the future, of course. If you want to use other civs, I recommend using version 1.0d.

Other changes that I can remember:
- Countering rules are rewritten and minimized to allow the AI to focus on upgrading only a couple types of units at once.
- Temporarily removed strategy switches.
- Attacking conditions rewritten to be more intelligent.
- Deprioritized upgrades/techs for support units so that the AI isn't saving for a million techs at once.
- Encouraged quicker construction of the second TC.
- Improved villager food allocation in dark age between multiple sources of food.
- Commented out debug chat to improve casting with DE and Capture Age.

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

The Aztec eagle warrior rush beats ER about 50% of the time. It pumps out eagles quicker and attacks ER first, but it sometimes loses because of poor attacking coordination. The knight rush beat ER every time I tested, but that's because knight rushes beat eagle warrior rushes most of the time.

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

NICE. I look forward to watching the new tournament version of General in action!
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Leif Ericson wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:05 pm
New update! I decided to roll back several of the changes in the last few updates that weren't working and focus on optimizing just a few civs and strats to make sure the core parts of the AI are solid. This version should be much more focused and efficient.

The AI now only plays properly with Aztecs and Magyars, and these are the civs I plan to use in the DE tournament, at least for now. The xbow rush and booming strats are disabled. Other civs and strats will be added back in the future, of course. If you want to use other civs, I recommend using version 1.0d.

Other changes that I can remember:
- Countering rules are rewritten and minimized to allow the AI to focus on upgrading only a couple types of units at once.
- Temporarily removed strategy switches.
- Attacking conditions rewritten to be more intelligent.
- Deprioritized upgrades/techs for support units so that the AI isn't saving for a million techs at once.
- Encouraged quicker construction of the second TC.
- Improved villager food allocation in dark age between multiple sources of food.
- Commented out debug chat to improve casting with DE and Capture Age.
Great work Leif! :) It's quite a noticeable improvement to The Generals Macro. In my first two test games I noticed the 2. tc was build in the enemy base. I know you use DUC for this so unless it's a meant to mock its opponent you may wanna look into that ;)

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Forgot to DL this one!

*DLs*
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

Yeah, I'll take a look into the TC issue. I've noticed it too, and it only seems to happen in DE. Right now it uses two different build systems for the TCs, so I don't know if it's the DUC code or the backup code. Hopefully I can figure it out soon.

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: The General 1.1a

Post by Leif Ericson »

Releasing version 1.1a. Hopefully this fixes the forward TC issue. Adds some very minor changes to the eagle warrior rush strategy, and it adds conditions to build a defensive tower in case the initial attack fails.

General's main issue against fast castle AIs seems to be attacking first and losing the initial attack, even if it had a numbers advantage when it started. It tends to chase villagers instead of attacking the enemy's army. I'm not sure what to do about that other than adding micro.

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Thanks for the update :)

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Leif, you let some loads with the direction "The General 3.1 Beta/" !
I fixed it quickly for the streaming live...
Attachments
The General 1.1a_fixed.rar
(528.48 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Leif Ericson wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:02 pm
Releasing version 1.1a. Hopefully this fixes the forward TC issue. Adds some very minor changes to the eagle warrior rush strategy, and it adds conditions to build a defensive tower in case the initial attack fails.

General's main issue against fast castle AIs seems to be attacking first and losing the initial attack, even if it had a numbers advantage when it started. It tends to chase villagers instead of attacking the enemy's army. I'm not sure what to do about that other than adding micro.
It still makes forward tc's :( looks like they are DUC placed I would gues